Page 183 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

wilkommen! Great to have another member. I had a guy ask me today if mine was a body kit. lol!

New member Australia

Live in Perth Australia just bought a right hand drive vehicross silver colour. Have been looking at sight heaps for info will need help in lots of areas.
    Not sure how many Vehicross members are from Australia be great to find out.
    I want to lift car, larger tyres, fresh paint job. Bits missing rear spoiler brake light, little plastic cover hiding the jack, plastic bits that secure the inside spare wheel cover.
    Big question why does my car manufacturers plate say 05/03 (May 2003) thought none manufactured after 2001. Plus how can I telll if my engine is 3.5 or 3.2 litre version, there is no plates showing
    Thanks for letting me in your club
    Regards
    Paul

JDM market vehicles tend to end up like that, with the carry-over models being adorned as later years. It's a stupid practice, but I've seen the same thing with Mitsubishi GTO's. As to the engine size, is there a code for the engine on the firewall or anything? Or a engine cover with a logo?

Hi

Thanks for replying just can't see anything just v6 Dohc 24 valve. If it's the 3.2litre that is an interference fit engine am I correct in thinking that? It's got 200000 km on speedo and seller no idea when it changed if ever he had for 3 years only ever drove it a little bit then garage and forgot about.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    All of the right side drive VXs are 3.2L engines. This is the version made for the Japan market, or JDM as it's known here.

Hit the Facebook page and look for Dan. He buys and parts out these here in the US. He'll have all of the small stuff your looking for.

Welcome to the addiction...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hi, from another Aussie. I am in Adelaide at the moment, but live in Hobart Tasmania.
    Your engine will be the 3.2 6VD1 unless the previous owner has done a transplant. Most of the engine parts are interchangable with the 3.5L, except the crankshaft and conrods. Maybe the pistons as well.
    Engine parts from the 3,2L Jackaroo or Rodeo with the 6VD1 engine will fit.
    Your confusion over the year probably comes from looking at the wrong plate. These were brought into Australia as second hand grey imports, and a new VIN plate was fitted showing the year of import, not the original year of manufacture. The original plate might still be on the firewall, and should show the manufacture date as 1997 or 1998.

Be careful buying parts from the US for trim pieces. Apart from the fact that they are LH drive, the whole interior is different in colour and material. Headlights are also different as the bias is aimed at the wrong spot and illegal in Australia.

Good luck with your purchase. They are great to drive.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

I'll buy your steering wheel though...or swap you mine.

Thank for info

Thanks for reply

Hi again can't fiqure out how to list a question elsewhere on site?

Read dozens of posts on tyres size etc but making myself confused. If I go 285 x 75 x 16inch (which is my stock rims) with say a 2 or 3 inch lift do I have to cut anything in the tyre well area?

reposted from another thread:

"285/75 is a VERY large size to put on stock 7" wide rims. I can say that I had 265/70r16's on mine without any trimming. 285's would be both wider AND taller & require a rather large amount of trimming, I'd wager. I currently have 265/60r18's, and I had to trim a bit on the front of both front fender wells. Based on that experience, I'm positive that 285/75 would require a HUGE trim. Plus, the speedo would probably be off by 10mph. "

I'm not 100% sure with a lift (mine's still stock height), but I'm thinking the width may be what throws it off for you. Then again, since I have a lower offset than the stockers, that probably didn't help (they didn't have the offset I wanted).

http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...=Biggest+tires

http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...=Biggest+tires

(props to Jo for the links).

Keep in mind that the stock 16" tires were actually 265/65R16's, iirc.

Cheers something to think about might try and find amate to borrow a tyre to test

Long story short I still remember seeing the original 1999 VehiCROSS new on the lot parked atop a rock structure. Man did I want one.

Well, almost 18 years later I need a new hunting truck or SUV. I need something highly capable and also unique. While speaking to my wife she points out, with that almost always famous phrase from everyone, "What is THAT? It's pretty cool."

So I explain the history and my childhood want and what does she say but, well you should get one for hunting... And now two months later I own a 99 Astral

Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post

Keep in mind that the stock 16" tires were actually 265/65R16's, iirc.
    Actually, the original stock 16" tire size was 245/70-16, and the 18" was 245/60-18.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by smalls23 View Post
    Long story short I still remember seeing the original 1999 VehiCROSS new on the lot parked atop a rock structure. Man did I want one.

Well, almost 18 years later I need a new hunting truck or SUV. I need something highly capable and also unique. While speaking to my wife she points out, with that almost always famous phrase from everyone, "What is THAT? It's pretty cool."

So I explain the history and my childhood want and what does she say but, well you should get one for hunting... And now two months later I own a 99 Astral
    GREAT story!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.