Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 192 193 194 195 196 197 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Congrats!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    That is super sweet. Welcome to the madness. Be sure to checkout the Facebook group and introduce yourself there and tell your story. Not much attention to this forum anymore as most have moved over to FB. Still lots of good information here by using the search function.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Crypto Buggy, nice find welcome to the VX clan

Glad to join VX family with 1999 3.5 Vehicross)

Newbie here

Hi there, just picked up a 99 Vehicross 3.5L in black.

I am in Kentucky

Pretty ruff shape.

Paid $1500 and it runs and drives.
    170K miles

Needs the following though:

Both rear calipers, pads and rotors
    Passenger side front caliper, Front pads

Exhaust broke at the flew joint from drivers side exhaust pipe, rear muffler toast and holey & tail pipe completely missing

Tune up, did not even have an air filter in the airbox
    All fluids and filters

Someone relocated the battery to behind the driver's seat

Has custom made front bumper and rock sliders though....

This is my 2nd Isuzu, I also own a 90 Trooper II with the 2.6L 4 cyl and 5 speed manual transmission
    Just ordered a LOKKA for the rear end
    Last edited by manydubs : 02/17/2022 at 01:34 PM

New guy with Yellow VX

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Use this thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the club.
    Even if you are just lurking, this is an important thread. Tell us a litle about yourself and your experience in finding your VX.
    While you are at it, select what you are driving here

Note:You will be able to reply to this thread but, you will not be able to respond to anyone else's. No photo's are allowed
    Just bought a 2000 Proton VX with 112 K miles. I've owned a lot of old and classic cars which I fix up and (unintentionally), sell at a loss. This is my first VX although I have owned 6 Amigos and a Trooper II. I'm 76, retired Army helicopter pilot, (33 yrs), retired District Attorney, Hawaii, retired Correctional Officer California, (Charlie Manson's Wing Officer), widow, and I restore old Sanger pickle fork hydros and race R/C hydros and riggers unsuccessfully due to my age but I still keep them in the lake. I am enjoying taking this VehiCross apart to repair it. I'm curious if there is a tail pipe and muffler system guys use that runs two pipes out the back or side. Not interested in a very expensive stainless steel Ferrari setup, just want to have a nice growl so I can listen to Cds and not go road deaf. I have a frozen hood release cable and wonder if anyone knows where to get a replacement. My recaro driver's seat is pretty worn. I expect to be able to have it reupholstered. Is this a problem? Driver's door window motor and regulator looks like they're bad. Is there a Trooper II replacement? The car is in surprisingly good shape with new Maxxis 33 inch tires and the original chrome wheels and tires. The original wheels aren't great with some of the chrome coming off. They should be re-chromed I guess. I'd sell the original wheels if there's a market for them. The car came with a Badlands winch which was installed well and helps the looks of the car. I'm interested if there is a plug and play LED or bright white bulb that can be easily installed to make the headlights brighter. It has the roof rack which I guess is Yakima with LED lights. Anyway It looks like fun.

Hello all this is my second account here on the site. For some reason I couldn't get back into my first account so I made a new one. I have owned 3 Vehicross. My first was a 2001 Dragon Green that my son got when I got my 2000 Kaiser Silver red/black. Then I picked up a wrecked Kaiser Silver for parts and stripped it. So if you are in the Dallas area let me know if you need anything.
    Just rebuilt the motor at 173k miles.
    Anyone interested in a Dallas-DFW meet in May? I tried creating an event but the site keeps giving me an error.
    I don't use Facebook so this is it for me!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzo For This Useful Post:

CatFish (05/28/2022)

There is almost zero activity in this forum any more. You will probably get no response from anybody else.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

That's sad. Thank you for the heads up!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzo For This Useful Post:

CatFish (05/28/2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Hello all this is my second account here on the site. For some reason I couldn't get back into my first account so I made a new one. I have owned 3 Vehicross. My first was a 2001 Dragon Green that my son got when I got my 2000 Kaiser Silver red/black. Then I picked up a wrecked Kaiser Silver for parts and stripped it. So if you are in the Dallas area let me know if you need anything.
    Just rebuilt the motor at 173k miles.
    Anyone interested in a Dallas-DFW meet in May? I tried creating an event but the site keeps giving me an error.
    I don't use Facebook so this is it for me!
    It is sad that nobody comes here much anymore, I know you said you don't use Facebook but if you want to make a event or meet go here this is where everyone is now https://www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606

Finally got my dream truck...

Hello all,
    I've owned a Isuzu Rodeo Sport Convertible for over ten years and finally found my VX. I'm swapping in a 5 spd right now and transplanting the engine from my Rodeo into my VX since the motor blew. Love these trucks and I'm glad to have found some kindred spirits. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavywx View Post
    Hello all,
    I've owned a Isuzu Rodeo Sport Convertible for over ten years and finally found my VX. I'm swapping in a 5 spd right now and transplanting the engine from my Rodeo into my VX since the motor blew. Love these trucks and I'm glad to have found some kindred spirits. Cheers!
    Glad you got you dream VX, sadly very few come here much anymore, go here this is where everyone is now https://www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606

Home Organization - Packing & Unpacking Services Austin TX

With my skills and expertise as a qualified Home Organizer, I have developed some core services over the years. If you’re looking for something more specific or specialized, please get in touch to discuss how I can help you.Moving Organization Austin

Smile I just purchased my first VX!!

Hi, i’m just introducing my self.. i just got a good deal on a 1999 VehiCROSS with a gazillion miles!
    I always wanted this car, ever since i saw it on a magazine while waiting on a barbershop.
    Not sure why i waited so long to buy one, i could have gotten it half the price 5 years ago, but today somehow 10K seems like a good deal,,, oh well.

There is a lot of work to do to it, i jist finished replacing themAxles, CV Joints, all wheel bearings, and a whole bunch of other drivetrain related parts,
    Just got a new set of tires, decided to keep the original wheels, just need to get them polished.
    Installed a new radio, replaced the mirror with a digital one…. Uff.. sounds exhausting already, and still have much more to do,,,,,

Thanks to all of you for all the advise you put out, it helped me tremendously while installing the radio and the camera…

I plan to keep the car for a long time so, I will stick around the forum to get ideas and advise.

I am happy for you, not much going on in the forum these days, I am guessing you have already been to the Facebook page. Glad to see you are fixing it up.