Page 82 of 197 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I feel in love with VX's when i was 15 i was looking for another car and stumbled across mine a 99 ebony i picked up for a great price the last four of my vin. # is 0179

Good stuff! Semper Fi !
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

HAPPY VXR

Have been looking for one forever, finally found one local in my price range, have been fixing many issues due to neglect by previous owner but the thing is a boat load of fun. First time ever living in the midwest I'm happy when it dumps snow! Can already tell I'm hooked for a long time
    99 astral silver

Hello. I have been searching for a good off road vehicle that also has good road manners and it looks like the Vehicross is the best of the lot. So now the search is on for a good one. I know very lettle about the various models, such as "Ironman" so need to learn about those first. The forum looks cool and the members apear to be very much in love with the car......a must if it will be maintained properly. my email is Skycop56@gmail.com and I look forward to hearing from you guys and gals. (a skycop is a retired air traffic controller) John

Hey Skycop sounds like you've got a taste of the addiction....it's like an itch you can't scatch until you get one...P.S. the Ironman is just a set of emblems on a white VX, nothing more or less in the way of equipment. Looking forward to hearing of your progress, this is the place to be for info and help...good luck on your search.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Smile hi

hi, everyone just bought my first v cross today, I always wanted one. 2001
    grey, 94,000 miles, its funto drive, and handles like its on rails . Hope to share in the v cross family. thanks keith

can't sleep, wondering what to use to clean the moulded plastic body panels? mothers "back to black" or Armour all whats works the best thanks.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    can't sleep, wondering what to use to clean the moulded plastic body panels? mothers "back to black" or Armour all whats works the best thanks.
    I prefer Meguires Gold Class Endurance (I THINK that's the name) tire dressing.

You'll know it by the smell....Grape Jelly...

Search "cladding" for more reading...MUCH more reading...

Welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by Ldub : 02/28/2010 at 03:30 AM

ok tkanks, ive used that stuff before i remember the smell. i think its purple also.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I use Armorall on mine and I think it looks great.

I don't live where I deal with dusty conditions, or I might not feel that way...

Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

OK, made a deal to pick up a '99 Ironman in Biloxi on the 25th, will fly in and drive 1k miles back to VA. Saw one of these last month and like most people talked to had not seen one and thought Isuzu is coming out with a new model. After searching on net man was I surprised and bitten at that point, was luckly enought to have a member near me that took me for a nice ride in his. Will be coming thru Atlanta the 25th if someone would like to meet up for supper shoot me a PM.

hi, everyone just bought my first v cross today, I always wanted one. 2001
    grey, 94,000 miles, its funto drive, and handles like its on rails . Hope to share in the v cross family. thanks keith
    Congrats Keith
    I'm down in Noank/Mystic sometimes on the weekends at a buddy's boat. Been scuba diving the last couple years.
    Andy C
    01 Firefox VX
    CT

Hello All,

I have considered getting a VX for years and I'm finally in a position where I can make it a reality. I've been lurking for a while learning more about them and keeping an eye on the "For Sale" section. Wish me luck!

New VXer, New to forum

Hi everyone. I just took delivery of my first VX, a 2000 Kaiser with 63K orig miles. It was listed for sale on this site, which is how I initially found it.

It definitely is in need of some TLC and seems a bit neglected. I plan to restore it to near perfection. Any tips on finding parts or restoration advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been doing a ton of reading here and there seems to be some great people and knowledge here.

Particularly, I immediately need:

Brakes and a good mechanic / repair shop
    Rear door body cladding
    Engine Cover
    Keyless remote and replacement keys
    Exhaust system (rust eating away current muffler)

Thanks everyone! This site has already been a tremendous resource for me.I loved this car when it was first introduced, but sadly I only now decided on purchasing one. I live in So Cal, so the S2000 had all my attention until now...

Eventually I'd like to replace or repair the hood insert and the front headlight covers which are badly yellowed and cracked.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post

Particularly, I immediately need:

Brakes and a good mechanic / repair shop

Eventually I'd like to replace or repair the hood insert and the front headlight covers which are badly yellowed and cracked.
    WELCOME to the madness, as you've probably already figured out, there is no known cure...

For brakes, my favorite flavor is Magnum cross drilled rotors with OEM pads from Merlin...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Isuzu-Amigo-Troo...item27b02c5056

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da...0001amagro.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da...01merlindo.JPG

Anita, Jo, or one of the other So Cals will hopefully chime in with a reco for a hired wrench.