Page 130 of 197 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone,

I just became a VX owenr in Nov of 2011. I found it on E-Bay and had it shipped to San Diego from TX. I own a White 1999 V-Cross with the Ironman Package.

Quote Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
    Hello everyone,

I just became a VX owenr in Nov of 2011. I found it on E-Bay and had it shipped to San Diego from TX. I own a White 1999 V-Cross with the Ironman Package.
    Welcome...and even better yet....you have many fellow VXers right near you! Can think of a few.... JoFOTOZ, lasturbo, rickshaw (Irvine)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hello all! My name is Chris and I live in Indianapolis. My 40th birthday is coming up in May and I decided to buy myself something I've wanted for a long time. I could not have been any luckier! I found a 2000 VX for sale with only 29,000 miles! And it was located 20 miles from my house. It's been close to a year since I've even seen one on the road and now I own one! I couldn't be happier with it! I'm so happy there is a sight like this. Just a couple questions: How do I post pictures of my VX? And how do I find other VX owners in my area? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuyIndy View Post
    Hello all! My name is Chris and I live in Indianapolis. My 40th birthday is coming up in May and I decided to buy myself something I've wanted for a long time. I could not have been any luckier! I found a 2000 VX for sale with only 29,000 miles! And it was located 20 miles from my house. It's been close to a year since I've even seen one on the road and now I own one! I couldn't be happier with it! I'm so happy there is a sight like this. Just a couple questions: How do I post pictures of my VX? And how do I find other VX owners in my area? Thanks!

Welcome aboard....great 40th B-day present!

oh, and we're all really nosey.....how much??? we have lots of discussions on prices, current and future values, trends etc... Also, must tell us more....condition/plans/mods, etc...

HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:

~To add pics, you first have to "upload" them to your "gallery".

~Go to "Gallery" and click..it's located along the blue horizontal strip toward the top of the page, and it's the second item from the left.

~Then click "Gallery links"...which is also on that blue horizontal border, 7th from the left side. When the list lights up, scroll down to the "Upload Photos" and click.

~Then the screen will show up where you can attach up to 5 pics at a time from your gallery. Look for "Choose file" button, click, and then find the pic on your computer.

~After you've selected up to 5, scroll down about 4 inches and click white button "Upload/Submit". Takes about a minute or so to do it.

~then there's another screen that comes up where you can add text to describe picture/s...than click submit button.

ONCE YOU'VE UPLOADED THE PICS TO YOUR GALLERY....HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO A POST:

~ Start a new post.

~Then on the right side you should see a small gray box titled "My pics" and inside the box there will be the words "Open" in blue letters. Click "open".

~That will take you to your gallery and you just click on which pictures you want to upload to the post.

~You can attach 20 pics per post.

~In the body of the post -Hit a "return/enter" after each picture you attach. Otherwise it doesn't always space the pictures correctly.

****NOTE**** Sometimes, clicking on the picture you want does NOT make it (well, the code language) show up in the box where you are editing. I don't know why this happens, but if it does, I just wait an hour or so and start all over, and it usually works then.

VX KAT
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

to find others in your area....

~ Go to QUICK LINKS on top blue banner line

~ go to MEMBERS LIST

~On right hand side, right under the page number box, you'll see "SEARCH MEMBER"...click that

~When that box opens, look for "ADVANCED SEARCH" under the entry line. Click that.

~When next screen opens, type in City or State....I'd start with State first and then just scroll thru the column listing cities.....some folks use unofficial city names so you might not always find all those in that area.
    But you can try it anyway.

~TIP - glance at the "Last Visit" column......if they haven't visited in a long time, chances are they no longer have one.
    VX KAT

Aw man did you buy that sweet lookin black one w the nice rims in Indy? I was lookin at it

Please come and listen to a struggling fellow vxer artist,,me!!! www.darrenjonesmusic.com

Yep! I was the lucky one and I love it!

Thumbs up New member in Denver CO

Hi my name is Chris I live in Denver. I have wanted a VX since the first time I saw one and when I found out how it was constructed and the design I wanted one even more, but the price was just too high until now. I have a 1996 Trooper that has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned but it has seen better days and it was time to move on. I started to look around at newer SUVs and found the quality and selection for the price they wanted was just terrible. Then I remembered the VehiCross was one of the vehicles I always wanted and I thought maybe the price is low enough now that I can buy one, so I started looking and I found one that looked promising. It is a 1999, silver with 56,000 miles on it priced at 8,500 so I went to look at it and it was in great shape and the Carfax confirmed the mileage and that is was a second owner. So I commuted to buy it, then they backed out at the last minute so I am still looking. I have had 5 Isuzu’s so I am already a fan and I am ready to get a Vehicross.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Well Chris, you sure have stumbled upon the perfect place for a VX fan. Great people, great advice and the best knowledge base anywhere on the planet ( Not to be confused with "Planetisuzoo", but I digress...) Welcome aboard, now, GO FEED YOUR ADDICTION!!
    Vixer Fixer

always wanted one finaly i have one.....excited

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fredrick remington View Post
    excited
    Yeh, I still get that every morning...

Best addiction I've ever had.

My new VX, Braaus's Old Vx

Hi Everybody, thought I would drop in and let you all know that I bought Braaus's Vehicross in Australia.
    Here it is on Stockton beach

https://picasaweb.google.com/1001818...41649647589090

I am looking forward to taking it Off Road and seeing what it can do.

A while back I saw a post in this forum showing how to fit a tow hitch to a VX, I can't seem to find it again, can someone help me out with a link?

Also this weekend I broke the roof rack mounts while 4x4 driving in Barrington National Park, Guess I had a little too much weight in the rack, does anyone know which other cars have simliar roof rack mounts so I can try to buy new mounts? Australian shops have never heard of a VX. The local auto shop has hundreds of different mounts for various vehicles, so surely another vehicle uses the same or similar type of mount as a VX?

Hey I just found Tone's hitch mount Pdf but it doesn't open for me
    http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=47
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by The Claw : 04/08/2012 at 08:47 PM Reason: add text

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    Hi Everybody, thought I would drop in and let you all know that I bought Braaus's Vehicross in Australia.
    Here it is on Stockton beach

https://picasaweb.google.com/1001818...41649647589090

I am looking forward to taking it Off Road and seeing what it can do.

A while back I saw a post in this forum showing how to fit a tow hitch to a VX, I can't seem to find it again, can someone help me out with a link?

Also this weekend I broke the roof rack mounts while 4x4 driving in Barrington National Park, Guess I had a little too much weight in the rack, does anyone know which other cars have simliar roof rack mounts so I can try to buy new mounts? Australian shops have never heard of a VX. The local auto shop has hundreds of different mounts for various vehicles, so surely another vehicle uses the same or similar type of mount as a VX?

Hey I just found Tone's hitch mount Pdf but it doesn't open for me
    http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=47
    Any suggestions?

Hey welcome!
    Sorry to hear you broke some roof rack towers. If you broke one of the black triangular shape towers, bad news, they are not available anywhere on the planet! Believe me, I've tried. I have ONE spare tower that had some damage but I repaired it with JBWeld, so it's probably stronger than it was originally. Some have talked about having the OEM towers fabbed, but no one has actually done it. Also, for reference, the max weight load INCLUDING your basket and any cargo is 110 lbs.
    The roof rack is no longer available NEW from ANY source, regardless if a website says they have them...they don't.

A few guys have either made or bought some different "tower" attachments. Check out "RamAirZ", he made a pretty slick one and has several pics in his gallery. He's since sold his VX, but you could still contact him for info if you needed to. I think he wrote up a pretty detailed thread on it to...search for that too.

Tone passed away a few years ago, so nothing is available thru him any more. But, member "Tom4Bren" has been working with a welder (called WelderGuy ) to replicate the "Tone" hitch. I have one of his early replicas. I have install pics in my gallery if you want to see what it looks like.

Your JDM has a slightly different metal bar/bracket thing on the rear under the cladding, so mine is slightly different than yours. I'm sure some JDM owner like PK will clarify that for me.

Tom is working on a 2nd or 3rd version of it. Search "WelderGuy" or look up Tom's posts and you'll find all the info you need. He's doing it right now, so it's very current, think he did a test fitting of the prototype about a week ago. So contact Tom4Bren for more details and to buy one.

Enjoy your VX!
    VX KAT

New member from NYC

Good morning. I'm a new member from NYC. I always loved the VX ever since I first saw one in the dealership back in 99, and had the chance to test drive it. I don't have one at the moment, but I do hope to get one in the next few months. I'm not new to the Isuzu world. I had a 93 Amigo back in my senior year in high school (97) and gave it to my mom to trade, along with her Mirage, when she went buy her 99 Rodeo, since I had left with the army to europe and didn't take the Amigo with me.

Quote Originally Posted by boriquapapi08 View Post
    Good morning. I'm a new member from NYC. I always loved the VX ever since I first saw one in the dealership back in 99, and had the chance to test drive it. I don't have one at the moment, but I do hope to get one in the next few months. I'm not new to the Isuzu world. I had a 93 Amigo back in my senior year in high school (97) and gave it to my mom to trade, along with her Mirage, when she went buy her 99 Rodeo, since I had left with the army to europe and didn't take the Amigo with me.
    Don't know what color or condition or price range you're in, but member "Osteomata" has a really clean, low mileage '01 Proton for sale. Check it out. He's in Miami, FL, but as you may have seen already, many of us have had to travel some distance to get our VXs. SOme fly to the city and drive it home, or some ship it via an auto carrier.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...t=proton+miami

There'a also a checklist kind of thing we put together a while back that lists many questions and issues to check on a VX. It's very VX-specific and is kind of like a map of issues and things to specifically look for when evaluating one.

Since this is a group of enthusiasts we recently put together a pretty detailed checklist/questionnaire very specific to the VX and covers many issues that have arisen over time since the model is basically 10+ yrs old on average.
    We thought a prospective buyer would be interested in this so you know what to ask about/look for.

Pick and choose whatever you want from this list....it's just a tool to get you started!

Good luck in your search!

DETAILED VX QUESTIONNAIRE /CHECKLIST FOR BUYERS OR SELLERS

ENGINE:
    Is it the original engine?

Does it start easily/readily?

Does it run smoothly or is there any strange sounds or hesitation,choking, etc ?

Does it seem to idle smoothly, or is there any irratic racing on the tach, or other irregular idle, etc ?

Anything (noises/clinking/whinning etc...) noticed when it's under load?

Timing belt changed?

Evaluate engine bay- clean? dirty? Any evidence of leaking fluids of any type??
    Evaluate fluid levels.

Evaluate air filter- excessively dirty? OEM or after-market?

Any known issues with it?

Any oil consumption noted, under ANY conditions?.....dripping, blowing smoke from exhaust or just consuming it
    (some seem to consume a little when on prolonged highway driving)

What type of fluids (synthetic oil or regular, motor oil, diff, tranny, transf case)?

TRANSMISSION:
    Is it the original tranny?

Does it shift smoothly between all gears? Both up and down?

Any unusual noises or clunking when shifting?

Is there a slight delay before the gear engages when shifting? (lash)

Any known issues with it?

MISC PERTAINING TO ENGINE & TRANNY:
    Any fluids dripping, ever?

Last time & what fluids have been changed?

Any unusual /excessive vibrations in engine or tranny, etc... - very subjective of course

Any problems with motor mounts?

Any unusual flashing of any lights on dash or shifter? (Mode selection switch may be bad)

TOD / 4-WHEEL DRIVE SYSTEM:
    Any problems with the TOD (Torque On Demand) system?

Any clunking in tranny when decelerating or accelerating?

BRAND, MODEL AND SIZE OF ALL 4 TIRES

Do all 4 tires match in brand, size, model & wear?

How long have these current 4 tires been on?

Estimate of how much tread remains?

SUSPENSION / BODY / UNDERCARRIAGE / ETC:
    Are they still running the original OEM shocks? If not, replaced with what?

Has muffler ever been replaced? What's the status of the current muffler? Rusted, surface rust, etc? OEM, after-market? (Since, as I understand it, these mufflers are no longer available, so an aftermarket one with some modification to the pipes may be required.)

Has it had to go through emissions testing recently? (Some states require for registration, some don't)

Ever been lifted or had torsion bars cranked?

Condition of CV joints and CV boots? (Can be damaged after being lifted)

Battery- status, condition and age

Inspect thoroughly for rust!! Any evidence of rusted bolts anywhere?

Status of front bumper reinforcement bar? (Often rusts off completely)

Status of rear license plate light/socket/bracket -(often severely rusts) -will give indication if it was in a rust belt area.

WINDOWS:
    Electric windows work properly or bind?

Condition of window rubber track/gaskets...(many have ripped or been cut)

Look behind door panels to see if vapor barrier is present - (may indicate previous work on windows)

Window regulator /motor been replaced?

BRAKING SYSTEM:
    Any ABS issues, dash light illuminated, or other problems?

Original OEM brake pads or replacements?

INTERIOR:
    Condition of leather seats...scrapes, rips, tears, wear, abrasion, driver's side seat bolster

Condition of leather steering wheel - (often heavily scraped up)

Condition of inside door opening levers & mechanism (sometimes broken)

Condition of levers that bring seat back forward to allow access to rear seats (often broken)

Condition of 4 screw knobs on interior rear door panel (often break off)

OEM CD player still work correctly or ERR3 code? Any jammed CDs?

Any odors inside, such as smoke or dank/damp?

EXTERIOR:
    PAINT: Condition, scratches, dents, oxidation, matching panels, etc...

CLADDING: Evaluate/describe condition of all cladding - scrapes, holes, deformation, dryness, chalky appearance, any evidence of being "painted" or "treated" in any way? Includes Rhino-liner, Line-X, GatorBack, etc...

Are all cladding screws present? Any striped?

Ever taken off road?

OEM or after-market tail pipe?

Status of tail pipe - any deformation may indicate off road use

Status of rear lower cladding & rear gas tank skid plate- scrapes may indicate off road use

Status of undercarriage overall - scrapes, damage, etc... may indicate off road use

Does it have an OEM roof rack?

Are the 4 OEM rail caps in place and/or available?

REPAIRS / SERVICE HISTORY:
    Any service history records?

Any known repairs?

Any extra parts on hand?

MISC:
    For 2000 and 2001 model, OEM chrome wheels peeling on backside?

Determine the history of the car's physical location, if possible (i.e. East Coast, potential rust, desert, etc)

Any "mods" done not mentioned above?

How long have you owned it?

revised 3/5/12
    VX KAT