Page 85 of 197 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Dare I suggest it, but as I've bummed around the search button for many an inquiry, are these the type of things us MacGyver types can craft with aluminum lengths and some crafty bolts and clamps? The more I looked into the baskets, I see the importance of having that dastardly rare OEM mounting system. Right now I'm prodding the Missus for approval to buy tires, so I'm banking on the rest of the maintenance parts are swappable with other Isuzu models, which sounds about right if I am to trust in ye faith of the ZuZu gods of the vehicross.info forum. I'm a research junkie and must wave my admiration flag in the wealth of information on this boat! (That's the cue for the rest of y'all to take a bow!)

Thanks for the reply!

Got 'er and fun has really started! (and how to silence the critics)

Howdy folks - yep another one from New Zealand!
    Had a Mazda Bounty 2WD, and was getting rather brassed off getting stuck where we sometimes venture (off-road racing). Since I only used 1/4 of the usable space of the wellsider, it was time to let go of the torque monster and set sights on something different.

Saw my first VX a year ago and thought hmmm, ageless.... but what the hell is it
    Found out about a month ago it's called the VehiCROSS so the research began... and 4 weeks later I'm the proud owner of the Green JDM and she's all stock standard! (hehehe - wait till I'm getting my freedom on this one...)

First day at work:
    Boss: "what the f**k is that thing outside" - closely followed by another yelling "who parked Kermits Wheels in my spot"
    One hour later (and the loss of "some" traction) I silenced the ultimate critics.

One week on and my partner has turned from "ugly" to "I want one too"....

Cheers VX-ers - - - - you've created another 2 addicts.......

High above the Cow Palace

I'm an old Isuzu owner (both been driving for a while and am old myself, hitting 62 this summer), but a new Vehicross owner (but not driver yet) as of early April 2010. I've been lurking in the buyer market for a while, but not finding anything satisfactory. Then up popped up a 2001 high above the Cow Palace near San Francisco. Banged up in the front left corner, my motto has been throughout my life that "I can fix that!" Crumpled hood and fenders and unibody pushed in a bit, but otherwise reasonably all there. I'm at risk a bit with the engine, as the AC hoses got pushed against the serpentine pulley so I couldn start it, but the price was right and I have time. We will see how this turns out. So now will be lurking for parts, or in the worst case scenario, I might be advertising parts here on vehicross.info.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome to the madness...in a good way...

At least you got the best color!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Talking New bloke.

Hello from sunny England, well not so sunny still quite wet but here's to hoping.
    I've been a fan of the VX since I spied the concept many moons ago. Always thought of getting one, but never had the money at the right time when one came up for sale.
    Made the jump with one click of the mouse button last friday, and now I'm the owner of a JDM model in "Brown".not sure of the official name for the colour, but its different...looking forward to getting stuck in and scaring the credit card.....new wheels first me thinks.
    Catch up with you all.......RIP

Talking New bloke.

Hello from sunny England, well not so sunny still quite wet here, but as ever an optimist.
    I've been a fan of the VX since I spied the concept many moons ago. Always thought of getting one, but never had the money at the right time when one came up for sale.
    Made the jump with one click of the mouse button last friday, and now I'm the owner of a JDM model in "Brown".Not sure of the official name for the colour, but its different...looking forward to getting stuck in and scaring the credit card.....new wheels first me thinks.
    Catch up with you all.......RIP

Thumbs up

Welcome to all new members of the great VX family !

Hope all you guys have fun with your "new" toys
    Dakar was just the begining.

hey i just recently bought a used Black 1999 Vehicross last october. i think its the best vehicle ive ever owned and it handles the winter weather in calgary very well.
    Last edited by ND92 : 04/08/2010 at 11:56 PM

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome to the fam.

It's a good place to be...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hey guys, name is Dallas. I posted a thread in the VX chat because I am looking to purchase a 99' VX this week, so I might become a more fulltime member here I frequent the Planetisuzoo forum alot and have lurked here for awhile. I've owned a 97' Rodeo in the past that I had built up a bit (lift, rack, sliders, 33's, manual hubs, etc) and look forward to getting back into the Zu addiciton!

Theres something about the outside of a VX thats good for the inside of a man =)

Hello everyone!

You know...they say there is something about "love at first sight"

So there I was, no BS no lie...I was just outside the main gate of Ft. Huachuca in Sierra Vista AZ and I see...this "thing" coming from the rear behind me, a yellow two-door thing with what I thought was the slickest spare tire mount...I said under my breath "That's a strange looking Amigo..." And that was that for at least a year...

Years later while I'm browsing the net at my usual hangout, Wikipedia, I was looking at rare production cars, starting with the GMC Typhoon...and that's when I stumbled on this "Halo" car...and when I saw the article I immediately had a flashback to that hot Arizona day and my brush with this awesomely unique vehicle that I now had a name for...

Fast forward to this last friday, me and a few buddies at work are talking "car" and we happen to bring up the VX...and it gets me to thinking..."Just out of sheer morbid curiosity, I wonder if there is any VX's for sale?"

In fact there was about a dozen on sale around the country...and as if someone special was smiling on me, there just happened to be one for sale only 15 miles from where I lived.

So like a junkie, I start trying to absorb as much as I can about this vehicle before I set out to take this very seldom chance to actually see and experience this ride. I was sold after the test drive the dealer let me go on by myself. So after the bank sends the dealer the check, I will very shortly be the proud new owner of a '99 Astral Silver VehiCROSS...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by yesitdoeshaveteeth View Post
    So after the bank sends the dealer the check, I will very shortly be the proud new owner of a '99 Astral Silver VehiCROSS...
    Congrats & WELCOME to the addiction...

me and a few buddies at work are talking "car" and we happen to bring up the VX...and it gets me to thinking..."Just out of sheer morbid curiosity, I wonder if there is any VX's for sale?"
    That is how I found mine I was telling my buddy at work about my dream car that I saw in 1999 but could not afford: madb:

I was looking for a pic to show him and found one for sale in Aberdeen (yes the home of Nirvana the PO told me he dated Novoselic’s mom)

Theres something about the outside of a VX thats good for the inside of a man =)
    and WOMAN

Congrats on your new toy and welcome to our little crazy forum!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

2001,Dragon,0719; 2000,Kaiser,0051; 2001,Kaiser(Blue),0638

I slew the Dragon

Just bought an '01 Dragon.

Absolutely love it!