Page 71 of 197 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Just realized, I haven't yet introduced myself.

Saw my first VX shoot past me on the freeway in 2001, a Proton. I said (aloud) Wow, how cool! Wutthehell is that? Didn't think much about it until I saw it again a couple of weeks later. This time I managed to make out the "V" and the "Cross" on the side pillar. Of course by now I was already hooked, but didn't know it yet...After researching it on the 'net I found out it was a "VehiCross" I think you call it. Couldn't just up and buy one right away though, so I waited a decent interval, four whole months, then went to the nearest Isuzu dealer and bought one. That must have been the easiest sale the salesman made all month, I just told the guy to get the payments below $500 and I'll take it. I wanted the Proton but the last one had been sold the day before, so chose Dragon over Ebony from the last two on the lot.

Funny how a car with defective windows, almost no spare parts, and no cupholders can suck you in so completely. No regrets though, except wishing I had more cash for some add-ons.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I said; but what you fail to realize is that what you heard is not what I meant.

Hoping to join the ranks of VX ownership...

Howdy All,

I'm Jeff Smith and am planning on having a full fledged VehiCROSS addiction very soon. I'm in NorCal and my past addiction involved one sporty little BMW 318ti hatchback that now tops 250,000 miles. Doesn't do too well in the local Tahoe Mtns except on the twisties so I'm going TOD!

Have been searching for the right VX for about a month now. I've been going back and forth a bit between getting a high mileage fixer vs a pristine low miles version and I think I'm leaning away from the fixers. The difference in asking prices (between garage queen and fixer) is in the thousands and I'm sure I could do alot with that difference in mods but... I'm way too anal about my toys and the fixers seem to have lots of cosmetic problems that might be problematic.

If I was ready today, as in fully funded, I'd go see Keith's VX in OR, but alas, I must wait a few more months. There seems to be a few out there at dealers but not that many in good shape. I think my preference is to buy from a vehicross.info member, someone who has been an enthusiast and has taken pride in their ride. Its pretty obvious to me that this is one enthusiast worthy vehicle, one that I'll be able to embrace and really get into. I was fairly convinced about my choice of truck having a distant cousin with good experience in ownership. Perusing through this site has all but sealed the deal for me. Now its just a matter of patience and timing.

It looks like I may have to buy out of state... I'm thinking anything West of Dallas and Denver that would allow me to fly and drive(I'm in Sacramento, CA). Is anyone familiar with the process of registering/smogging a out of state car in California. Anyone aware of what emissions controls are on the VX?

It looks like the most common problems to look for are the dreaded windows, shifter handle and hood insert. I'll be requiring a full mechanical inspection of anything I buy but am interested to know what should be looked at specifically. I'll post this email elsewhere now so that folks can reply to me if needed. Thanks for the great site and am looking forward to getting in the club soon.

Jeff

Welcome to the family Gentlemen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

hello every one

Im new to posting on these sites but have been viewing them for years, anyways, my attraction started back in 99 when i pulled up behind a new ironman VX, wasnt to shure what it was at the time but thought it looked really coooool, Ive been an avid offroader for most of my adult life.
    Ive owned and built many jeeps first was a 47 willys, V6, lift, cage, winch, ect.
    then i moved to a cj5, then a scout II, then a scout 800, then two cj7s, and then to two bad arsed zuki's. I was starting to look for a sports car Audi tt, drove a few but missed the truck thing, through my searching i saw a VX and it brought back memories, so I started to do tons of research and have now formed and addiction a must have addiction.

Ive looked alot and think that I have found one, its a 99 with 93k lifted 18s in good cond. needs are CVs(have found at checkers for about 130.00 ea.) and timing belt is about do, windows are perfect, 2 dings(very small) tires are new Nitto dune grapplers, after market tunes.......7500.00 hope its a good deal.

All my friends think im for wanting to get one of these cool rides

anyway HI EVERYONE

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz255 View Post

All my friends think im for wanting to get one of these cool rides

anyway HI EVERYONE

Mehhh...what do they know, they're just enviuos...

Welcome to all the latest members who've fallen under the VX spell...

There is no known cure...go with it Dude.

Smile Just Getting Started

Greetings from Canada . I just purchased my 2000 silver VX about a week ago. A friend of mine over the last couple years had purchased three of them in the US. I have always admired them and finally was able to acquire one of them .The family loves it! We have a 2002 BMW M3 convertible and we enjoy the VX more.

Thumbs up

Welcome to the family and the addiction!
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    Make sure to place an icon in the city where you live. It's a feature on the left side of the board.
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Thumbs up

To all new members ....

Welcome to the VX home.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Hello from Indianapolis, Indiana! I've been a lurker on here for a couple months so I thought I'd speak up and say hey. I don't own a VX, YET, but i'm on the prowl for one. I just sold my 2006 Honda VFR Interceptor sportbike (I still cry a little on the inside)so that I can hopefully get a low mileage VX in good condition. I'm not in any big hurry, just kind of chillin, saving a little money, waiting for the right one at the right price to come along. I've had my current truck (1998 Ford Ranger 4x4) for almost 9 years and 100k miles, and it will be sad to see it go when the time comes, its served me well and we have a lot of memories. But I've wanted a VX since I first saw one in 2000 and this might be my last chance to snag a nice one. Anyway, nice to meet you guys. Hope to see you around.

BTW - I've never actually sat in a vx, not really sure how it will fit, but I assume well with the recaros .....anyone on here live around indy that might want to do a little show and tell when you have some free time? I've seen a black VX in the noblesville area around SR. 37 three times now....Looks good!

Welcome!! I'm sure someone will set you up...
    Scott / moncha.com

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    welcome to the new additions to the family!!!
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Sorry Higgin, I don't allow anyone to sit behind the wheel of my VX unless they own one. The last time I let a bag boy at the local grocery store sit in mine I had to go get the manager to get him out. That's the way it is don't sit in one until you're ready to own one ! LOL j/k welcome to the addiction and good luck.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgin View Post
    BTW - I've never actually sat in a vx, not really sure how it will fit, but I assume well with the recaros .....anyone on here live around indy that might want to do a little show and tell when you have some free time? I've seen a black VX in the noblesville area around SR. 37 three times now....Looks good!
    Welcome...

If you go to the members list (home page, quick links drop down), & do an advanced search by using IN, in the state field, you'll come up with a list of all members in your state.
    By my count, there are about 16-17 of 40+ that have been active in 08 or 09.
    Maybe send out a few pm's...

or if you're in Virginia, stop by & I'll let you test drive mine. It might spoil you though. You'll never want one with a 'normal' stance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Good Day everybody.

My name is Denis. I grew up in Minsk, Belarus and moved to Phoenix, AZ almost 7 years ago. Last year I changed my lifestyle and started to ski and spend a lot of time outdoors, and planning to get pair of jet skis, so I was interested in getting 4wd vehicle instead of my 300zx Z32. Initially was looking at Isuzu AMigo, but then noticed Vehicross and loved it. Unusual look, 4wd, engine has plenty of power, comfortable inside, according to reviews very reliable. I almost purchased this VX http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16166 I mean "almost" that I have sent a deposit already, and going to pick it up in about 10 days. Although, after I sent the deposit I found that the car has been in the accident not described by the owner (i ran autocheck report) ReefCreek, the seller, convincing me I will be pleased with the purchase.

Anyway, I'm glad to join the happy family