Page 65 of 197 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 165 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Cool Newbie VX Owner

Like most people I saw my one and only VX (about seven years ago) fell in lust and thought to myself, I've got to have one!

So last week I was thinking about selling my MGF and browsing Ebay and thinking what have I always wanted? Suddenly "Isuzu Vehicross" popped into my head, did a search and there was one for sale, I couldn't believe my luck!! OK, it was in the south of Spain and meant a four hour flight, a two thousand mile drive back and a small fortune in fuel but I just had to have it!

So now sitting outside is my 1997 Silver (not sure which silver) JDM and I love it!! Two thousand miles of heavenly driving through Spain, France and England into the north of Scotland.

So the adventure begins........
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by edalseel View Post
    Like most people I saw my one and only VX (about seven years ago) fell in lust and thought to myself, I've got to have one!

So last week I was thinking about selling my MGF and browsing Ebay and thinking what have I always wanted? Suddenly "Isuzu Vehicross" popped into my head, did a search and there was one for sale, I couldn't believe my luck!! OK, it was in the south of Spain and meant a four hour flight, a two thousand mile drive back and a small fortune in fuel but I just had to have it!

So now sitting outside is my 1997 Silver (not sure which silver) JDM and I love it!! Two thousand miles of heavenly driving through Spain, France and England into the north of Scotland.

So the adventure begins........
    Welcome From Illinois. Your drive home sounds like my "Dream Drive"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Thumbs up Welcome

Hello !
    Welcome to the VX brotherhood.

Time has come & now you became officially a VX'er

All i'll say is have all the fun you can have with your new toy,also let me share a tip with you.....there's a upcoming meeting over there'lucky youy can catch up with more UK VX'ers (about 6 or 7)
    Again,welcome & whenever you got the chance post few shots of your VX to share with us
    Dakar was just the begining.

Come full circle...

I have to first thank all the enthusiasts that make up this site. Your vast knowledge, enthusiasm and sharing, make it possible for the unintiated to have an outlet for information little known on this special vehicle. My hat is off to you all and have deep gratitude.

Well, my first experience with the Vehicross was back in 1999 at a dealership on Van Nuys Blvd with a buddy of min. He took one out for a test drive and I think that I was more hooked than him. I was not in the market but knew one day I'd have to have one.

Ten years later and after trying to justify the purchase to myself of another vehicle, I found a one owner Vehicross listed for sale in Arizona. An 01 Kaiser with the red and black interior. After looking at it on line for a couple of weeks, I randomly drove to Phoenix from Los Angeles one night to go check it out. Almost 900 miles later (in less than 20 hours, I made the decision to buy it). I am in the process know of bringing it back to it's full glory. I am finally an owner of one of these very unique vehicles and are thoroughly enjoying it.

Congratulations whatisthat1 edalseel and jonnytheboy! Welcome to your new obsession. I have one seed to plant in your brains….Wait for it! ....................
    ...........................MOAB!!!!!
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Thumbs up Welcome, edalseel and whatisthat1

Welcome to the family, I've only had my VX since Sept. 08, joined the site then and I love being a member.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Quote Originally Posted by whatisthat1 View Post
    I have to first thank all the enthusiasts that make up this site. Your vast knowledge, enthusiasm and sharing, make it possible for the unintiated to have an outlet for information little known on this special vehicle. My hat is off to you all and have deep gratitude.

Well, my first experience with the Vehicross was back in 1999 at a dealership on Van Nuys Blvd with a buddy of min. He took one out for a test drive and I think that I was more hooked than him. I was not in the market but knew one day I'd have to have one.

Ten years later and after trying to justify the purchase to myself of another vehicle, I found a one owner Vehicross listed for sale in Arizona. An 01 Kaiser with the red and black interior. After looking at it on line for a couple of weeks, I randomly drove to Phoenix from Los Angeles one night to go check it out. Almost 900 miles later (in less than 20 hours, I made the decision to buy it). I am in the process know of bringing it back to it's full glory. I am finally an owner of one of these very unique vehicles and are thoroughly enjoying it.
    Welcome aboard !
    You was deffinetly enchanted by the VX ten years ago & that keeps amazing me how this little toy of us can turn you into a addict without warning LOL is like love at 1rst sight
    Welcome & as part of the introducing protocol post few pics to share withus as soon you got a chance

Have a good one
    Dakar was just the begining.

Hey guys, I might be the only guy on here who doesn't own a VehiCross, yet, but I'll have one eventually. I'm not sure if you folks just like the Vehi or are Isuzu fans in general but I'm an isuzu fan. I have a 99' Rodeo. I love it, lately I've been getting into VehiCrosses, and am hoping to make a transition from my Rodeo to the vehi sometime within this summer. Will most likely be near the end of it. I have a workshop manual you guys might be able to use, not sure if it has been posted yet or not. I'm trying to find it at the moment. Let me know if anyone needs it, hopefully I can find it.

Welcome, Med!c. Saw your post over at the Planet. Maybe that guy who gave you the jump was a member here? Where did you see it?

Some nice Vehicri are for sale around the US for around $6K. Start looking now so you know what they're going for.

Mark Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Welcome, Med!c. Saw your post over at the Planet. Maybe that guy who gave you the jump was a member here? Where did you see it?

Some nice Vehicri are for sale around the US for around $6K. Start looking now so you know what they're going for.

Mark Griffin
    ah, cool. I saw it off of 355(rockville pike), in rockville maryland. Black exterior, didnt have the courage to ask him to let me sit in it, but from what I saw the entire interior was also black.

so other than suspension lifts, do you guys do any sort of modding?

Quote Originally Posted by Med!c View Post
    ah, cool. I saw it off of 355(rockville pike), in rockville maryland. Black exterior, didnt have the courage to ask him to let me sit in it, but from what I saw the entire interior was also black.

so other than suspension lifts, do you guys do any sort of modding?
    heh, just search around.. someone here has done just about every type of mod you can think of.. here are some of the highlights

V8 Conversion (LS1)
    supercharging
    full custom dashboard
    lifting 1-6"
    lowering (slightly)
    all out competition sound systems
    22" rims
    chameleon paint
    overhead console
    projection headlights
    HID headlights
    custom made steel bumpers (in progress)

the only mod i can really think of that nobody has successfully done YET is converting a VX to manual and making a convertible VX (but as far as i know there are rumors about both of these being in the works)

I have the 4l30-E my self. So you guys hate it too?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Med!c View Post
    I have the 4l30-E my self. So you guys hate it too?
    HAHAHA truer words have never been spoken!!!!! You will fit in perfectly Welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    HAHAHA truer words have never been spoken!!!!! You will fit in perfectly Welcome to the club.
    I sort of came to accept it for a while. I go through the pain of maintaining it well, I drive carefully so I dont put too much stress on the transmission. A guy told me, the best of these 4L30-E fall apart at around 150k, so it's inevitable.. that's when I gave up. I figured when that day comes I'll convert the rodeo to a MUA5. But now it may seem like I might be converting a vehi to MUA5. I've definitely beein thinking about putting my 3.2L v6 in a vehi(if I ever get one) and putting the 3.5 in the rodeo and selling it. Simply because the chances of getting a vehi with the oil problem is higher, and I'm willing to give up 10HP to get a good motor that I know has been taken care of well it's entire life. Plus, no oil burn. Well.. a little, but I've learned this rodeo well enough that I know what kind of oil keeps it happy and oil burn free.

One thing that just came to mind right now.. Really, the issue with the earlier 3.5 is bad seals. Are there kits you can use to rebuild the engine and fix the problem?
    Last edited by Med!c : 05/08/2009 at 11:27 PM

Welcome, Med!c to the madness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...