Page 23 of 197 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Introductions

Hi,

I'm Paul and I live in Essex (just left of London) in the UK. I bought my 97 JDM in red a week or so ago so I'm just getting settled in. I've only managed about a thousand miles in the first week so I'm taking it easy. Mileage is about 49000 and it's been in this country for 7 years - so I was surprised to find out that the radio was still only receiving the Japanese frequency range! So far I've got a range extender on order and I've had a custom stainless exhaust fitted. My next tasks are a roof rack and a parcel to stop the loval chavs looking in my boot (trunk). I'm very jealous of the US meets and off roading - is there any interest in the UK of organising anything similar?

lasterzinit

Today is our first day with our new (err...new to us, anyway!) Vx. We drove 3.5 hours to pick up a '99 Ebony black (according to the paperwork, the 5th black one built that came stateside. Not that it really means anything, but it's neat useless trivia!), and even after more than 7 hours of driving, we had to take it out to play as soon as we got home!

We now have four black vehicles (I know, we're crazy). We have an '05 RSX Type-S, an '87 XJ (Cherokee Wagoneer) (de-woodied and modded for offroading), and a '93 4.0L YJ (Wrangler), but we just put the YJ up for sale. Three SUVs is a bit much for a childfree couple with small dogs.

Vxs are HARD to come by in this area. We saw our first (yellow) Vx back in 2001, just after we bought a brand new yellow Ford Escape XLT - talk about instant buyers' remorse! We loved that little Escape, but ever since then, we've never been able to get the Vx off our minds! A few weeks ago, we decided to go for it...and today, we have a nearly mint '99 in our garage! We're hoping it'll be a great, reliable 4WD for our pending move up north (probably Michigan or Pennsylvania). If nothing else, it's already turning heads! That, and our neighbors think we're insane. Ahh well.

Another "convert" ..

Like most of you, I love cars !! Always have since a kid .. when I turned 16 ( in Canada this is the legal driving age) I got my licence the same day.. that afternoon I bought my first car .. been thru several since then .. !
    Had several 4 wheel drives in my time as well .. drove some hard, some not .. race track cars to this day .. my 600hp 300 ZX TT is about the fastest thing I've ever tracked, and is nicknamed the "Viper-eater" ..
    All this said .. I have a new passion .. my new VX .. what a sweet vehicle !!
    It has been great getting on your site and getting the same feedback from other owners .. so much in this "little truck" .. Looking forward to learning more about it, and will rely on many of you to help coach me please in what to / and not to do with it .. not looking for 600 hp, however will have this modified in no time .. today was a wonderful day ..minus 20 degrees, lots of snow, and guess who is driving circles around everyone !! Great driving..
    Cheers for now ... Kip

new user

bought my vehicross 4 years ago...love it...wish they would re-release it

Inspector Z

Hi all, just got mine a month ago and what an awsome car. Previously owned a Mitshbishi 3000 VX4, 325 hp, twin turbo chargers, dual intercoolers, 4 wheel steering. My Vehicross is like it's little brother.

As the name implies I'm an Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector in Denver, Colorado and I look forward to the spring and some local off roading.

This is a great web site.

Thanks.

Thumbs up

My '96 GMC Sonoma was getting worn out. I have a project crawler Jeep and an Army truck but I wanted a new comfortable daily driver. And so I decided I wanted another something different, something you don't see too often... something to take me "farther"... What's this...? A VehiCROSS?! I forgot all about them! I had read about them when they first came out and thought they were funky cool but I had forgotten about them. How could I? Well I live in Wyoming and I have only seen one - yes, ONE! - here! EVER! When I found out how rare they are I got even more excited but nervous. So I kept researching and the more I read about them the more I felt I "needed" one! I decided if I was ever going to own one the time is now. I had to drive 650 miles one way and into South Dakota to get mine! My "old reliable" truck barely made the drive and I had to drive my VX back in a snowstorm on a CLOSED highway... no worries though, i was still able to drive 75 after I relaxed a bit! (I may have been delirious with sleep deprivation and Recaro induced cockiness though!) I gotta say, it was worth the trip! 24 hours and 1300 miles later I was back home with a grin on my face because I now have an ebony '99 with 41,000 miles and I love it - custom wheels and tires are already on the way!

... and I shall call him... Lord Zeus!
    Last edited by ZEUS : 12/07/2005 at 05:08 PM

I live in Chicago, and I remember back in the late nineties walking to work and seeing this auto-show looking concept vehicle from the moon. Whoa. Man was it cool. Looking back now it seems a bit before it's time, but I find myself wanting one now (2005). My wife has the Benz and I've been driving the paid for '97 4x4 Blazer to and from Home Depot and the train station to get to work. It's great in the winter, but since the kids are mostly grown I want my own cool vehicle (since we have a nice Miata for the summer). And the Blazer is looking (and feeling) long in the tooth these days. So, I'm in the market and trying to learn what I can about this cool truck. Love the clean lines of the black version, maybe remove some badges and add some things... who knows.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JGeorge264
    Hi all you crazy vx'rs.

I've had my black 99 for bout a yr and half and love it. (except for the costly repair bills). I had never heard or seen one til the day I bought it. I was out perusing car lots, not really sure if I was looking seriously or not, when I saw this odd futuristic looking suv and of course I just had to get a closer look. A quick test drive later and I was the proud owner of "stubby". Thats what we call him since he's so short and fat. I now have a little over a 100,000 miles on him and am finding out how expensive the upkeep is. As much as I love him I'm debating on whether its enough to keep him. My son loves the looks we get everywhere we go, but he hates climbing in and out of the back seat.
    Anyway, I'm going to keep reading the postings here while I make up my mind what to do with him.
    I've seen several vx's here in the Portland Or, Vancouver Wa. area.
    HEY! You called your VX a him! I do too! Don't most people, refer to their cars, as, "she"? Anyhow, DON'T SELL YOUR VX! Don't do it! You will regret it! Just think about what it would do to you.......not seeing it in your garage/driveway anymore! I would be devastated and I'd punch myself in the face, over and over and over again!! Anyway, my name is Laurie and my drug of choice is the VehiCROSS.ha,ha,ha Seriously, I have a question for you, 'George264'; Can you describe any of the VX's that you spotted in Portland? Also, how many have you seen in P-TOWN? Thank you for your time!
    Laurie
    Last edited by LITTLELAURIE : 12/19/2005 at 12:56 AM Reason: didn't like the first draft, but, i'm not sure if this one is any better! I'm tired!

HI, EVERYONE! MY NAME IS JIMMY. I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS WHERE I INTRODUCE MYSELF OR NOT, BUT I AM GOING TO. I LIVE IN LOVELAND, OH JUST NORTH OF CINCINNATI, OH. I PURCHASED A 2000 BLACK EBONY VX 3 MONTHS AGO. LOVE IT. I HAVEN'T SEEN ANOTHER AROUND HERE. FOUND THE VX ON AUTOTRADER.COM AT A USED CAR LOT UP IN VANDALIA, OH. AND HAD TO HAVE IT. 50,250 MILES ON IT. THE LAST 4 DIDGITS ARE 0283, MY INS. COMPANY CLAIMS ITS AN IRONMAN EDITION BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY OF THE EMBLEMS OR DECALS. I CARFAXED IT AND IT CAME FROM NEW YORK. I'M THE 2ND OWNER BESIDES THE DEALERS IT PASSED THROUGH TO GET TO OHIO. ONLY PROBLEMS SO FAR HAVE BEEN THE CD CHANGER AND THE PASSENGER WINDOW GETTING STUCK GOING UP. BUT THANKS TO THIS HELPFUL WEBSITE I'M SURE I'LL BE ABLE TO FIX ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE FUTURE.
    Last edited by Jimmy : 01/04/2006 at 02:53 PM Reason: Introducing Myself ?

Talking Help! Who owned me first? And HELLO

(Cabana Boy because sometimes I think my sole purpose is to do whatever the wife wants)
    Anyway, I picked up my new (2000 Kaiser Silver) VX Tuesday in Chicago. Drove that night back to OH. While fueling at a service plaza in IN I actually had the guy in the little glass booth come out to check the truck out, ask what it was and ask where he could get one. When told it was almost 6 years old he almost fell over. This from someone who must be pretty jaded from all the possible cars on the Tpike! He'd worked there 11 years.

Bought this on E-bay, from a dealer says he who got it from the auction. This car was a one owner and extreeeeeemly well taken care of. One would be very hard pressed to tell any difference from new condition except for the obvious modifications. I'd like to track the first owner bacause I'm sure I have not even found all the upgrades, and I'd sure like to take advantage of each.

Like I say, its a 2000 Kaiser silver with black and rey interior. Heres what I've found so far: Alpine blower, Lots of CF (shift, transfer, ebrake handles, wipers, mirror covers, hood insert with scoop), Extra gauges on top of dash (air/fuel mix, vac/bst), Accelerometer/G-meter, built in Passport RD, Alpine high end head unit with IPOD connectivity, HID Brightstar headlamp and park lamp conversion, Aluminum entry plates. Very loud aftermarket exhaust which may yet grow on me (a bit too ricey so far). All this installed to a high degree of quality. 48000 miles. I know theres more I'm leaving out. If anyone knows this perfectionist, please ask him to contact me in any way thru my profile so I can thank him and pick his brain.

More about us:
    Im in trucking, wife is a professional volunteer(VFD,EMT and United Way). We live on an island (Johnsons) in Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie. Island is connected to mainland via causway which drifts badly in winter with any wind. This is the reason for our AWD vehicles. VX will be a little bro to a 1997 supercharged Range Rover. 1 kid still at home (M 14). This is the first vehicle I ever got that HE THINKS is cool. I am much impressed with the VX so far and I'm glad to be here too.

Just Bought A Vehicross

Whats up,

My name is Franco and I live in Southington, CT. Graduated from Northeastern University in Boston and moved back home to start work and make my way to law school. Just bought a 2000 Dragon Green Mica. Have loved the Vx since I first saw it. Needed a new car and I figured what the hell. Very happy so far and looking forward to communicating with other owners.

Hello, My name is Mel
    I saw my first V-Cross at a local dealer about 4 yrs ago a drooled over it. After looking at the price tag, I knew I had to wait a couple of years... Now in 2006, I found a low mile White Ironman in Las Vegas and brought it back to California! This has been a great site for questions and info. Keep up the good work.

I won't make the same mistake twice...

Hey All!

My first VX was a 99 Astral Silver. I bought it on the spot directly off my dealer’s showroom floor without even starting the motor. I really loved that car. My friends and I did things in it that I would never dream of doing again… and the VX always proved itself in every situation. I loved spending hours detailing it in the garage until sundown and having a car that looked so new to drive around in the next day. A dirty VX really cleans up nice. Around the same time I got rid of my first true love, I did the same with the VX. To this day I have regretted both decisions. For the past three years I have been watching eBay and other car postings to look at VX’s for sale. I never got up the nerve until now. My new 2001 Kaiser Silver with only 6,200 miles is on its way! Now all I have to do is keep working on getting back the girl. The reason I love the VX so much is that it inspires me. It is a destination vehicle, meaning not only is it fun to be inside of and drive, it kicks the adventurous spirit into gear, and it keeps me thinking about where I want to take the VX next. Lastly, in my opinion, the VX is only as fun and inspiring as those we share it with, those we trust enough to let them drive it off road, and today I thank you all for allowing me to share it with you.

Kind regards,

Perry

Smile New VX Owner

Hello Out There
    I just acquired a 2000 silver VX (traded my 2000 Amigo) with 75000 mi. It's been in my state it's whole life, according to CARFAX. I was generally surprised by the condition of it. If I didn't know better I would think it was maybe a year old. When I bought my Amigo new in 2000, I wanted the Ironman VX sitting next to it, but couldn't swing it at the time. I'm thrilled to have it now. I've been reading the different posts for 3-4 days and enjoy reading what you all have to say. I didn't realize how few of these there were out there, and I'm excited to be a new member to your group. A couple of questions, while I'm here. Are these alot louder than the average 4-wheel drive truck or SUV? My wife keeps asking and I don't have anything to compare it to. Also, what kind of maintenance items should I be expecting to come up in the near future? Thanks
    Paul Hachey
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Baggewel

i have recently developed an affinity for this vehicle and as a result have made a unquestionable vow to own one. i remember seeing it for the first time on the car&driver t.v. show and falling for it. i was around 14 or so at the time so the thought of owning a 30,000 car was rediculas. now that i'm a little richer and thier a little cheaper this union is possible. unfortuneatly for reasons that are beond my control this will be long awaited achievement for me takeing anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. the two main problems are 1) i am curently in iraq as i am a soldier and will soon be redeploying back to germany makeing it difficult to purchase such a rare car state side and 2) i am in the current ownership of a 2004 pontiac vibe that is in the possesion of my father in california, wich was sort of an impulse buy i made with the signing bonus i got from the army, that i am haveing some troble getting rid of. however these are temparary distractions from my quest for the VX and will only serve to sweetin the reward of ownership. the main reason i was attracted to this fine astablishment of a site was to hopefully gain crucial knowledge on some of the particular aspecs of this vehicle. example;how common is the #1 cylinder problem. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Piece in the Middle East
    Jeff Baggewel Wheless