Page 19 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

hi

I tearfully sold my first car, a 1973 240z, because of its diminished utility to me. I'm in the Army, and will eventually leave CA...if I were to stay here for the rest of my life, I would have kept it. As it stood, I had no use for two 2-seat sports cars (I also have a 3rd gen RX-7). I was looking into a small truck for utility (pref. with 4x4, 5spd)...looked over the new 2005 tacoma, scared away by price...ditto new frontiers.

I was really close to buying a jeep wrangler or liberty...I looked into isuzu amigos/rodeo-sports, as my parents have a 190,000 mile Trooper that keeps on ticking with no problems. In my search I found info on a VX. I remember these back in 1999-2000, but my rule of measure has always been: "If it costs more than $30k, you may as well spring for a corvette." But in 2004, I found the price of a VX was much more attractive...

4 week search, some haggling, got me a 1999 Astral Silver with 52k miles. I love the wrangler-offroad-ability and the nothing-like-it ONroad-ability. I wanted something with (relatively) more hauling room than a 2seat sports car...preferrably with 4wd...i found a lot more in the VX.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    That was pretty much my guiding philosophy as well -nothing over $30k makes sense to me.

Tonight I traded my 400hp WRX for a '01 Ironman. Tired of shifting gears I guess. Now I just need some boost....

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    More sports-car-to-VX crossovers! It's funny that the VX is the SUV of choice for those that have been driving sports cars. My Prelude SH served me well, even in the winter (with snow tires), but the VX makes winter driving almost too easy... I've found myself limited to driving 20 mph on snowy roads because everyone else is having such a rough time of it, even though I could be doing 40 mph without any problems. Of course, ANY vehicle still has a tough time stopping on icy roads, as I noted yesterday while sliding past my turn-off.

I left my civic for a VX lol.

Talking

just bought mine about a week ago. hope it holds up wife drives about 85 miles each way to work. wish me luck 61000 and counting!

Would love to participate in poll. I see nowhere to click. Maybe cuz' it's Friday

Great work on the new site, I am however still working on getting used to it.

I have 2000 Victory Iron Man
    From Unimog to VX - a serious change in velocity - a small sacrifice in voracity.

Red face New to the VX lovers/owners circle

undefined

Hello to all you VX admirers, owners, etc...

My name is Diana and finally after about a month of working with a seller up North, I have a 1999 Ebony VX. Flew to Chicago over the weekend, picked my baby up and drove 10 hours home. So now that I'm official, I just wanted to say hello and intro myself. After taking a good look around this site over the past couple months, I can certainly see why you are such a tight knit little clan. I hope you all won't mind my asking questions as they come up about my V. and in advance, I will say from the heart a huge thank you!

Feel free to say hi anytime...
    dowhatugottado (aka, dk~)

Red face intro..

Hey I'm Amanda and my dad had 1st seen a VX at a auto auction *ironman* then i got to see one at a dealership *ebony* then i gotta VX for my Sweet 16 *99 Ebony*.... Sweet 16 says it all....
    *MaNdA*

Hi to all. I purchased my '01 Proton Yellow VX today and will be driving it home tomorrow. I almost bought a new VX several years ago, after doing much research at the old forum. For reasons I can't recall at the moment, I talked myself out of buying the truck, and have regretted it ever since. (New VXs were gone from the dealers shortly after that.) This past weekend, when I saw this "pre-owned" one in my favorite color, I had to get it. Who knows if I'll ever have another chance to own such a unique vehicle. Anyway, I hope the truck lasts for a good long while (it has about 60,000 miles on it). I look forward to enjoying my VX, and this site, in the years ahead.

Smile

Hi All,
    I read a magazine review on what was described as "Darth Vaders weekend vehicle". I was taken by the radical design immediately : so unconventional ! Finally had the chance to purchase my first new car and negotiated immediately for a super deal in 2000 ; appropriate to greet the new millenium with a VX.
    I love the thing. Still runs well after 4 years and have never seen anything that can compete.
    Thanks to all the people on the Board who have helped me out with questions and solutions to typical issues.
    Safe driving everyone!

Me & My VX

Hello all....new to the site and boy was I glad to find you guys! Already completed many of the mods mention that you all posted. Love my VX, had it since Feb 2000. Already completed the Turn Signal Mod, Antenna Mod, Shifter replacement, Bedlinered the Hood insert (Line-X next), replaced the front markers with Fog lights, added a set of fog lights upfront too! Looking at doing a Car PC, DVD, Navigation, Rear Cam combo. If any one has done one, would love to hear about it! I ordered a hitch from ToneMonday, should arrive this week. Now I can tow my other baby, 99' CBR1100XX Blackbird. Going through a divorce, have too much time on my hands now....I am sure mods will keep me busy! Thanks again for such a great site!

hi everybody,i'v only been a vx owner for about 3 hours and i'm enjoying every minute of it. I was only looking for a mpv in my regular car sales mag when i noticed a serious looking beast on a page ,no it wasnt my wife but an all silver(apart from the bit on the bonnet) vx.me,my wife and my 5 year old daughter went off to see it and i must say it looked 10 times better in the flesh,paid my deposit and a week later it was mine. a little bit worried at first though because of parts needed if anything goes wrong but been surfing and i can get parts cheaper from the states delivered than i can here but i did not get any service manuals with it so there are some buttons that i do not know what they are for. anyway must be off hello again everyone

new Seattle Owner

Greetings:

Just got my 99 silver VX right before Xmas. I have been looking at them ever since they came out, but didnt get lucky enough to find one that was right time, right place, etc. Stumbled on an immaculate 1999 Ironman and scooped it up with low (30k) miles on it. What a great performance vehicle. Its the type of vehicle I need since I move around to different environments every few years (Army.)

After only a few weeks I have debadged the rear, and the Ironman logo. It already had 6 CD Alpine in it and a cone filter. I also upgraded the round running lights to the 18watt type. Eventually I would like to get the black safari bumper and side bars, Trooper skid plate. Next thing though is to fix the usual window buckling problem.

I'll probably hang onto this vehicle for 10 yrs plus, like I did my 94 Isuzu Amigo. (The Amigo was told to move down the bench..) which I am currently cleaning up to sell.

--Captain Doug Wekell (newbie)

Smile New Houston Owner

December 2nd (2004) I flew to Chicago and picked up my 2001 Ebony VX and drove it back down here to Texas (about 20 hour drive to Houston). I thought it was a good way to get to know my new VX (and save money on shipping it). I absolutely loved the VX's when they came out, but considering I was just a graduating senior from high school in 1999 I couldn't exactly afford one, but I waited and my dream VX was put up for sale exactly when someone decided to back into my legally parked Grand Prix and total it (while I was volunteering at a church youth function[Talk about divine intervention]). So now I own my dream vehicle and plan to baby it and have fun in it at the same time. I bought it with exactly 51,000 on it and in a month and 19 days I have put over 4,000 miles on it already!

Greetings, fellow VX owners. I'm excited to be in the company of such distingished drivers. I fell in love with this SUV at first sight back in '99 but didn't start looking for one until 2003. Finally saw postings for VX's on ebay and got outbidded everytime. Finally, after a long serch, I found one on CarMAX that was surprisingly in great condition. So I didn't let this opportunity pass me by. Now, I'm the proud owner of a '99 Ebony VX here in Charlotte, NC. Look out QC! So thanks to all of you, in advance, for helping me with all my crazy modification ideas. I know this will be a great resource to have at my disposal. Beep, Beep to all the VX owners/drivers in Charlotte.

Peace...
    Gryphon