Page 18 of 197 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi all, brand new to the VX sceen. Actually aproud owner for 4 hours...

Anyways, I've always like the VX, and finally have the means to own one!

Smile Introducing myself...

I came across this site and thought I would introduce myself to fellow Vehicross drivers. I have a 99 ebony that I totally dig to drive, love it...love it...love it!!! I dont see many in Atlanta, I have seen only two others on local roads, an Ironman edition and another black one. Would love to find out if there is a Vehicross group that gets together every once in a while.

Cyndi
    Last edited by Cyn : 11/20/2004 at 07:41 AM

Sup Yo!
    I Remember when the Vehicross first came out, I traveled an hour and change to the one place I had found that had them. I Sat in it and marveled. Couldn’t afford it then of course but I knew I had to have one someday.

The funny thing is I've never been a truck or jeep or 4X4 person. I've always been a low profile sports car dude. Last winter I nearly killed several people due to snow so I decided I needed a truck. I spent this whole summer trying to get a Vehicross. There were so many obstacles that I almost didn’t get one. I almost got one in Oregon from someone who's on this site, Dallas-something I don’t remember his whole name but we talked and I hesitated and procrastinated cause it was so, so far and when I had decided to go for it (offered to fly me out there and everything)...naturally it was sold. But I did find one in Pennsylvania which, was a trek and a half (three hour ride took half a day). And I must say I am thrilled with it.

What I love best is people not knowing what it is.
    Keep it movin'.

Hey to all the VXers,

Just picked up my 01 Black VX about a week ago. Prior to that, I borrowed a friend's Ironman Edition and fell in love with it. That was years ago. But now I must say that I'm a proud owner of my own.

Now it's time to start the modification process
    Last edited by Catch77 : 03/01/2005 at 02:34 PM

On the prowl

I want a VX.

They are cleary the raddest vehicle on or off the road. As a West Coast urbanite, a small, muscular, super trick little unit like this is perfect for me...a welcome upgrade in to the world of true 4x4 from my beloved Subaru Justy, which is on it's last legs.

I'll be surfing this site to school myself and hope to have some intellegent questions in the near futre. In the mean time, please feel free to drop any buying leads, hints, or caveats my way as I gear up to join this enthusiastic little vein of sub-culture.

Scrumpy

Hello everyone,
    I purchased my 2000 Ebony in April. My first sighting of one was in Col. Springs, CO in January '04. That's when I knew I had to have one. I've put about 6,000 miles on it and enjoyed every one of them. Especially when I catch people trying to figure out what make/model it is. It's debadged except for the wheels and grille.
    I joined this site in September but had been browsing around here for a while prior. I look forward to sharing information and stories in the future.
    Raider
    Raider

Sup Everybody, I'm from Brooklyn, I already have a muscle car, but RWD and 400 HP isnt doing it for me on the snow. I really like the VX and I think they are phat. I still remember seeing it with my dad at the autoshow, we both liked it but never though I would be intrested in buying one.
    I really like what you guys do on this site and as I read on, I get more and more intrested in a VX. So, currently I'm looking for a fairly priced VX. Thanx.
    I want a VX. I am going to buy one. Soon.
    DaNiiK@OpTonLiNe.NeT -Danny

Hi everyone! I first saw the VX in the online report from the tokyo auto show back in 97. Then i saw it again on a chinese magazine and saw a movie star driving one and it showed that it has a camera for a rearview camera. I was like Holy C**&, that's like a car from the future. Then after years of saving and looking for one that cheap enough to buy I finally bought one last month. I took a bus from vancouver canada to seatac airport in Seattle and got my flight canceled and they did a full body search pouring all my belonging out of my bag because i changed my flight in the last min. I told them the flight got canceled and i didn't want to change it. I was suppose to head to texas but delta airline decided i should go to atlanta georgia instead. After half a day which started at 6am i finally reach Austin Texas at 2am. I could of flew to china in that time! So i met up with Kick who sold me his 99 vx for an awesome price and started my 3000mile drive back to Canada. Along the way i even hit a snow storm near Reno and was forced into town for half a day cause the hwy was white out. Then after another day and half of driving I finally got home and I think that is the longest drive i'll ever have in my life! But it's all worth it cause i think i might be the only person in Cananda that drives a VX eh!
    Canada eh!

New Owner

Hey everyone just like to let everyone all know I am a new VehiCROSS owner. I'm 16 and a student/lifeguard. Before i had my VehiCROSS i owned a 1996 eagle talon (modded) and a 1999 3.0 cl. I decided to get rid of the Acura after i heard of the transmission problems they had, so after searching and almost buying a few different cars, almost got a bmw M3 but the seller was a jerk or i almost got a benz c36, but after realizing that i would need this car for the winter RWD was outta the question. I then started looking into SUV's until i had it narrowed down to either an RX300 or ML320, then i found a VehiCROSS for sale near by and thought it be perfect for me, bold styling (more looks the the M3, 2 doors sporty, and 4x4/V6. I decided i had to have it and this past saturday i picked up my 1999 ironman. Let me tell you i have been driving my moms car to school (jaguar) and my VX gets so many more looks its insane im absolutly in love and i look forward to modding

WELCOME TO THE CLAN

Welcome to a very exclusive club 99VX4X4. Agreat bunch of people reside on this site and any help you need is here!!
    John

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Hi all!!

I'm the proud new owner of a 99 VX! I've been driving a '97 Honda Prelude SH since it was new, and with 145k miles on it, I decided its time for something a hundred thousand miles (or so) fresher. I started scanning used car sites for a replacement, and I was open to suggestion. I saw "Isuzu" in a drop-down menu and thought of the VX, which I fell in horny high school lust with when I first read about it in the April 1999 issue of Car and Driver.

So I searched a few sites for it, found all of three ads for VXs in the NY-CT-MA area. A little phone work led me to the only one still available... two blocks off the route to my father-on-law's house, which we were going to on Saturday anyway. It was so cherry, I had no reason to NOT to buy it! Well, a few days and a few signatures later, and I own the mutha! I just dropped it of for its 45k service and a good going-over, since I have no clue what the maintenance history is. This VX started out in sunny Florida, then came up to Queens two years later, and now it has a new home in CT.

When I can find some time, I'll scan these posts for some upgrade ideas. This bizzle pulls, but alittle more power is always welcome. See ya!

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Hi all!!

I'm the proud new owner of a 99 VX! I've been driving a '97 Honda Prelude SH since it was new, and with 145k miles on it, I decided its time for something a hundred thousand miles (or so) fresher. I started scanning used car sites for a replacement, and I was open to suggestion. I saw "Isuzu" in a drop-down menu and thought of the VX, which I fell in horny high school lust with when I first read about it in the April 1999 issue of Car and Driver.

So I searched a few sites for it, found all of three ads for VXs in the NY-CT-MA area. A little phone work led me to the only one still available... two blocks off the route to my father-on-law's house, which we were going to on Saturday anyway. It was so cherry, I had no reason to NOT to buy it! Well, a few days and a few signatures later, and I own the mutha! I just dropped it of for its 45k service and a good going-over, since I have no clue what the maintenance history is. This VX started out in sunny Florida, then came up to Queens two years later, and now it has a new home in CT.

When I can find some time, I'll scan these posts for some upgrade ideas. This bizzle pulls, but alittle more power is always welcome. See ya!

My name is Kevin and I love my VX. Mods and pics coming when I get the chance. I am likely to have many questions while working on this car

Thumbs up

I traveled 800 mi. and paid cash for my VX.
    I felt better about it after searching this site and finding out the problem with the power windows was common and easily fixed (hopefully, I'm waiting for better weather to fix mine). My CD changer only fills a hole in the console (broken?) but I just plug in my Ipod.
    I don't care for the rear visablity, and may get a camera.$$$$$...Mirror.$$$$
    Thanks for HELPing newbees like me.
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

Cool new member

2000 Proton VX purchased on 12/21/04.

I have been searching for a third car for the family to ease the miles on my other cars (eclipse&galant) for about 2 months. I was really in the market for the is300 and rx8.

When all of a sudden an add popped up for a VX. It brought back a vivid memory of mine back in 2000 when I was looking at a Rodeo. I remembered getting in the showroom VX and was just overwhelmed by its design both inside and out.

The wife was sold on it since it's a bigger car/truck than what I was looking at plus it's an automatic. Anyways, we plucked this debadged beauty and we are both loving it. A great deal considering it only had 49K miles on it.

Please note that I did a thorough research on it especially using this forum. Thank you all for your posts.