Page 175 of 197 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Intro Post

Bought my first VX two days ago... a 99 Ironman White Exterior. Never worked on any cars before yesterday but got on the forum here and already have removed the prop shaft in the front and accessed the CVs to reseat some loose boots.

Have my VX running in RWD due to some rumbling and jumping during super tight turns in 4WD - I have a spare transfer case but found a video of an Explorer doing the same thing and they said it was an electric shift motor?

Anyways, my name is Levi, I'm in North Texas and will probably be looking for lots of advice and how-to's as I plan on doing as much as I can to keep my VX going for a long time!

Hello everyone!!! Thanks so much for making this site, I couldn't be more happy to join this awesome group of people. Yesterday (May 9th), I got my 2001 VX Ironman with 156k miles on it and I couldn't be happier. I knew I couldn't pass up on something so unique. This is gonna be so awesome, I love my VX already.
    Last edited by ironmikevx : 07/27/2015 at 12:22 PM

Hello! The story: My wife and I went to a Porsche meeting, and a woman sits down across from us. Randomly, I ask about her daily driver, and she says "Vehicross." I say "A what?" Then her husband arrives, and it turns out he has one, too. You know him as blacksambo.

They were both very persuasive about the VX, and we've been casually looking for one ever since. We live in Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY, among some old logging roads and a bit of snow now and then. We're lacking any sort of SUV at the moment. We like special cars.

One of them is a 1987 Porsche 928 which has forced me to improve my mechanical skills, so I'm not afraid of an old vehicle. We could go for a real nice VX or - knowing what our environment might do to a nice one - get one that's not so pretty, with deferred maintenance.

Gosh, I thought a Porsche 928 was unusual, but they sold over 60,000 of them. I think we're going to need some help.

We happen to be traveling to Virginia this week, and I just found one near Norfolk. I'll do a separate post to inquire about it.
    Curt Austin, Adirondack Mountains, New York
    Looking for a VX

New to the VX family

Hey! I own a dodge ram 1500 that is my "Baby". I do a ton of highway driving resulting in some normal wear and tear of the usual rock chips and large amounts of km's being added...so we decided to use it as a "sunday" vehicle and find a second one.My Husband and I were out one day cruising through Edmonton and pulled up next to a VX. I was in instant love. He found a broker through kijiji and we ended up importing our VX from China. It was a long wait!! We have had it for about two weeks. It is a ton of fun to drive! Had to laugh..my husband was "I'll have to teach you to drive a right hand vehicle"..he was consistently hitting the windshield wipers when signaling, I on the other had got use to it very quickly. Looking forward to chatting with other VX owners!!

I'm 21 and in the Navy. Got my VX in October as my first car from a guy in Williamsburg, VA. Wanted a Wrangler, but couldn't find any good deals online. Saw an Ironman VX and decided it looked cool and got it for 7k. Has about 88k miles so far. Eats money like cotton candy, and the TOD isn't working, but I still love it

Hello!

This past Saturday I made a long term dream into a reality. I picked up a JDM vehicross and drove it home. It is a 1998 with about 125k km or 80k miles. Two-tone silver with light blue cladding. Not sure if this falls under the normal silver, or one of the dozen other colors listed on Wikipedia. Either way, I love the ride.

I will be driving it around England while I'm stationed here.

Greetings

Hey everyone, dunno what all to say..
    I live in Ohio and I've put 1/2 down on a VX thats in Chicago, going out there today to pay the rest and pick it up. ever since i first saw one in 2000 ive wanted to own one, now that day has come.

http://www.5starsautochicago.com/199..._254046976.veh

ive had alot of second thoughts.. priced at $3500 its a good deal, but why so low? i certainly hope im not going to be disappointed. the carfax shows it had a reported accident in 2001 while it was still under 40k miles and since then its had about 85k miles put on it so im guessing its alright. would there be a way to get in touch with the previous 2 owners?

Looks good! I'm glad to see another one coming to my area. Welcome to the addiction.
    Vehitrails

Quote Originally Posted by HuzpazA View Post
    ...would there be a way to get in touch with the previous 2 owners?
    Welcome to the addiction.

Use the advanced search function on the home page. You can enter the last 4 digits of the VIN to see if any of the previous owners were a member.

From there, you may be able to send them an email from their profile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

1999 Astral Silver 0291, 2000 Kaiser 0419
    Huzpaza,
    Just make sure you check the usual VX things before you drive off. I bought mine for a "good" price from a Chevy dealer in TN that went over it with a "fine tooth" comb. I've been dumping $$ into it ever since, loving every minute of it (except the $$ part of it). Gives me and my 9yr old son time together. Good luck. I live in Illinois if you need something.

$1700 buck vx

Is $1700 to much to pay for the ironman I bought ?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Well..that depends...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepsfun View Post
    Is $1700 to much to pay for the ironman I bought ?
    Without any details its tough to say.
    Certainly, even a really junky VX can / may be worth that in spares alone.

Post up some details and pics ...

Welcome to the VX obsession

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey guys, I have been researching a little bit for a nice little winter vehicle (I live in OH) and I stumbled across the VX! I had never even heard of it before. Im still doing some research and came across this forum. I have a few questions for anyone that would be willing to answer some of them, mainly about if the vehicle is expensive to work on, is it reliable in high mileage...etc. Just want to make sure it will last me a good while if I take care of it. Also wondering the best places to look for one (autotrader, on here...etc) and if there is a certain year that had the most "fixes" for common problems, etc...just basic info and wanting to learn more about this interesting vehicle! Nice to see this forum still alive!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Good luck with your search.

Use the search function at the top and you'll have hours of reading enjoyment...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hey all,

My name is Doug, and as you can see from my signature I acquired VX #1032 from Ryan earlier this year. I'm glad the site & forums are back up, because I am excited to get more involved in the VX community. I've wanted a VX since they were new, but could only afford an Amigo back then (which is also a fun ride).

I am loving my VX and the setup Ryan put together. It's been a suburban trekker so far, but I intend to change that as soon as I get the timing belt updated and it cools off in Texas a bit. I am loving it as a polar opposite to my other car, a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport. Different tools for different, fun jobs!

I would love to join any Dallas/North Texas or even farther away gatherings and events. I lurk around the Dallas Cars & Coffee and intend to mount the GoPro next time to capture the stares I get as I drive by the burnout gallery. Surely I am looking forward to the 2016 Moab Zu Zoo.

I am the proud new owner of a travel agency as a new career, and I'm working on some ideas to offer to the VX community. I look forward to meeting everyone and being a part of the VX world!