Page 17 of 197 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi Everyone !!

After looking for a couple months, I finally got my VX yesterday!! Yes, definitely stoked. Still have a lot of reading to do about all the little quirks, loves, and hates to this beautiful machine, but looking forward to loving every minute of it.

I'm from the NW, near Seattle WA, so anyone else out there who's in the area, feel free to drop me a line

Hi all ~

Hi all ~

Bought a 2000 VX (previous owner pics- http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...papass=&sort=4) couple months back and thought I would introduce myself. Basically, I found out about the Vehicross on ebay and ever since I have looked around to buy one. After about 2 weeks of searching, I found one in my area ( im from Garfield, NJ btw) and decided to pick it up. Really enjoying this car

P.S. would anyone have any background info about this car? like what parts it had replace etc. Cant seem to get in contact with previous owner, looks like im 2nd or 3rd owner. Send me a PM or email me if you do =)

Me and the FAM have had a '99 trooper which at the time were actually planning on buying the VX but couldn't afford it. But now we are excited and happy to have the traded in the trooper for our Vehicross and love it. So we can not wait for winter, offroading and especially colorado ice racing.
    MHE

Some of you may remember me from the old board, I see now most have migrated here.

I went looking for VX as soon as they came out but couldent find any, finally I saw a Bunch of them lined up for sale in Oct of 2000, thats when I saw it. I bought my 2000 Proton 0446 in Oct 2000, and its been a riot ever since.

I have had great service from my dealer, Key Motor Mall in Warren Michigan, they have fixed everything that needed to be fixed so far as well as performed all of my routine maintenance, I have to say I really havent had any serious problems with the vehicle or service so far.

I am very proud of the fact that my VX is pretty much as good as the day I bought her and I plan to keep it that way. I just turned the whopping 19,000 mile mark, and still to this day have to introduce her to anyone who has the "what the heck is it " look, which is a riot in itself.

I keep her as sparkling clan and waxed as can be, I love the zymol product, and keep the zymol refrigerated so that it stays fresh.

My truck is still pretty much 100% stock and for some reason I like it that way, kinda like when you aint supposed to redo an old classic chair because you may loose some of the charm, does that make any sense?

Im in Troy Michigan, have been to the sand dunes at silver lake and well as some serious offroading where my little buggy didnt let me down, in fact Im still amazed at how tought this thing is.

All this fun, when all I really wanted was just a truck to get me thru those tough winter days, hopefully it will keep doing that for many years to come.

Oh and its great to see so much current activity here.

Swamp

New newbie checking in...

I introduced myself yesterday in the wrong forum...so I deleted that one and here I am.

Hi, I'm Phil from Sacramento, CA and I don't have a VX. I do have the next best thing...a '93 Trooper RS (the 2-door shorty). It sure is a blast to drive, both on and off road.
    I've come here by way of the 4x4Wire primarily to lurk around and gather any information I can on performance tricks for my 3.2 DOHC...as well as just to check out everyones' VXs.
    Kind regards,
    Phil

Talking Hey all

Ok here is a little bit about my story. I saw the prototype in 97 at a car show and just could not get it out of my mind. After 2 years of calling dealers and looking on the internet for information on this super sweet race car/truck I finaly got my silver 99' in 99' and never looked back.

Possible new VX owner

Hello,

I just wanted to say that this site rocks!! I have been involved with Subies (Subaru's) Audi's, VW's, and my lastest project, a Mini Cooper S and no where on those sites do people talk as highly about their vehicles as you VX's. Well my story is that I have an opportunity to trade my 2002 Mini Cooper S silver/black top for a 2000 VX. I have found a very cool guy in MO that wants to do a trade. I did a lot of research and read a lot of great comments from you guys on the VX's and am looking forward to getting my hands on one. With winter approaching rapidly here in MI I think I will have a much better time plowing throught the snow in a VX than a Mini. I can't knock the Mini too much it is an absolute BLAST to drive...I feel like a mix between James Bond and Austin Powers cruising down the road. Wish me luck on the trade!!!

Kale

Hi all,

My partner and I bought our Vehicross 4 months ago.

I first saw one on calendar of concept cars that I had when I was a bit younger and living at home, and I still have that poster on the wall, the only difference I can see is the mags. It seems odd owning a car that you used to have as a poster on your wall. Can't wait for the Mclaren F1 GTR too!

After I read Australian "High Perfomance Imports" magazine and that it got such a good review, I had to get one at some stage, They called it the Skyline GTR of the Off Road.

If you look on the net for VX's for sale in Australia you are lucky to find any for sale at all, they are extremly rare here. So when we went to the Land Rover Dealer in Adelaide to buy a freelander we saw the Vehicross in the yard and said we shall have that one. They had AUS$36,000 on it but I got it for AUS$32,000 and it had 17,000 kms on the clock.

So now we have 95 non-turbo Supra and the Vehicross.

Hi my name is Nelson, and I have been lurking this site for months now.

I first saw a Vehicross in a trip to NYC and fell inmediatly in love with that truck, but sadly I wasn't ablt to get the name of the vehicle when I first saw it (I past by our cab really fast)... but the car was a thing of pure beauty.
    Two years after that sight I was about to get a new car and I wanted it to be a small truck, but I have totally forgotten about the car that I saw. I was loooking into many options, from toyota to hyunday, but none of them attracted me completly. I was about to decide for a Rav4 (I know it ia sad and gay little truck, with all due respect to those who like it :P) when my mom told me about a really cool truck that she saw in the city while driving around. I went into investigating, and I found it, the truck that I had seen in NYC two years before. Needless to say, I went directly to my isuzu dealer and sing the papers for my new vehicle... a brand new 2001 silve Vx.
    I couldn't be more happy with my car, I love driving it and I expect to continue enjoying it for the years to come

VehiCRAZY

Hey there gang,
    My name is John. I,my two daughters and my VX live out in the boonies of the Green Mountain State. I was a VehiCROSS basket case. I got hooked back in "99 when I saw my first one in Fort Lauderdale Florida,only one problem...was not able to buy one until January,2004(you know how it is with family commitments and all...)
    Anyway...I now have my '99 Ironman with only 51k and it has turned me into a "VehiCRAZY" . My VX and I started going to local car shows this past summer and you would not beleive the looks and comments from the spectators. Most people in this area have never seen a VX,even took home three trophies this season. I have been collecting VehiCROSS everything I can get my hands on and my garage(shrine)is filling up quite nicely. I even have my own VehiCROSS website if you guys want to check it out. It's : http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...hicrossowners/ Click on.

It's just getting started but looking good and will be updated every month....Keep on Truckin' John

Talking

The bumps are all part of the fun. The shocks are adjustable but you won't get a Rolls-Royce ride. We'll leave that for the pavement jockeys

my wife 2000 Black VX

my wife saw one when they first came out in 99 they would not even let someone drive one back then without a deposit. she has always liked the vehicross since then. We recently went looking for a new car for her and I went searching on the internet and came across 2 one silver 99 w/ 70000 miles and a black 2000 w/ 36000 since she was more fond of the black and I was liked that it had less miles we went out and drove it and took it home that night. that had been about a month ago and she loves it. I also have a question we went yesterday and had a overhead tv and dvd palyer installed and now the alarm will not work. has anyone experienced this to tel me what is wrong. we took it back to the place that installed it and they want us to take it to the dealership and have them figure it out. of course they will pay for it, but if I can tell them what is wrong hopefully they can fix it.

thanks
    Robert
    2000 Vehicross

Hello everyone! I had first learned of the "VehiCROSS" in '99 and couldn't afford one so I put it out of my mind to sit in one or even look at them. By the time I got around being able to afford one and seriously think about owning one in 2002, I sadly found out they had quit making them. I pretty much then figured owning one was out of the question as they are rarer than an Elvis sighting here.

Two years later - I was looking for an old truck and/or Rodeo Sport here in town a couple of weeks ago at a used car lot. The salesman helping me explained that he had something similar and pointed over to the corner of the lot. I thought to myself: "great, another salesman trying to sell me something I don't want". I slowly looked over to my right to where he had been pointing - I couldn't believe what I saw sitting there... and what a fantastic condition it was in! I walked over and said to him "I could get used to how it looks". It even had low miles!

I haggled with them on it during a span of three weeks and finally purchased it last nght. It still looks brand new.

I have to admit now, it looked really out there in '99, but now you can see the influence it has had on the styling of both the Toyota & Hyundai SUV's now being sold. It was ahead of its time.

2001 VX in Kaiser Silver Metallic
    Last edited by kinnaq : 11/08/2004 at 12:13 AM

Hi there.

I've been lurking on the site for a few months now while considering purchasing a Vehicross and gaining lots of information. While thinking I needed a second car, I saw a VX on the road over the summer and thought it would be a fun and unique ride. I thought they were pretty interesting when they first came out but a little impractical and overpriced. After a few months of internet searching I found a 2001 Dragon Green VX with less than 12K miles in Fort Lauderdale at a reasonable price through Carmax. I had it shipped to Northern Virginia and bought it the day it arrived. I've had it for about a month now and it's a lot of fun.

I saw that some of the VA/MD/DC VXers met over the summer and I look forward to meeting others and comparing vehicles.

Cool New Guy

Hello everyone! IM a newbie to the VX but not to the offroad vehicle. I used to draw vehicles just like the VX as a kid (you know kids imagination, not sure what happened to that!) and then i saw one in my dads motor trend several years back and was like wow that is cool and forgot about it as i was still pretty young and could barely afford my first 87 dodge charger,,that thing hugged the road really well and was fun to drive(but not near as fun as the vx!) Well then i got a Isuzu pup truck as a young 19 yr old punk kid and put a lift on it and big wheels and tires and did all the body and paint work myself and took that thing everywhere and tore it up pretty good. That thing was really fun offroad because it was so light, I never got stuck and my buddy did all the time with his Z71 (he was mad) I was impressed with the offroad ability of that little POS truck but this thing blows it all away. I saw one again last fall and had to have it,,,I just got mine a month ago and am LOVING it. This is by far the coolest looking suv or truck or car out there,,,I like to call it the moon rover. FUN fun fun! Hello to all vxers in OHIO! Go Bucks!

Please come and listen to a struggling fellow vxer artist,,me!!! www.darrenjonesmusic.com