Page 153 of 197 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

hello

looking for a front grill?

Yani

Hello Everyone,

My name is Yani and i am brand spanking new here. i came across this page and thought it was awesome specially because i am looking for parts and had no luck finding them unless i pay cucu bucks too. I love my vehicross. nobody in my town has one so i think is the coolest thing that i am the only with such an awesome vehicle. and i love when people stare at it or ask me what the hell is that?... Right now i been on a mission to find a hood insert. if anybody has one for sale or can point me in the right direction where i can find one please and thank you. it will be greatly appreciated...seats will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by UltrAsoniC89 View Post
    looking for a front grill?
    sonic,

You're better off starting a thread for what you are looking for rather than having it buried in the Intro Thread.

Try going to your local boneyard & letting them try their magical nationwide search for one for you. Unfortunately my original one was busted in the accident so the new (to me) one that came with the bumper cover is in use. IIRC VX KAT had one (with a small crack) for sale a while back. Send her a PM to see if she still has it.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by driggersyanira View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Yani and i am brand spanking new here. i came across this page and thought it was awesome specially because i am looking for parts and had no luck finding them unless i pay cucu bucks too. I love my vehicross. nobody in my town has one so i think is the coolest thing that i am the only with such an awesome vehicle. and i love when people stare at it or ask me what the hell is that?... Right now i been on a mission to find a hood insert. if anybody has one for sale or can point me in the right direction where i can find one please and thank you. it will be greatly appreciated...seats will be next.
    drigger,

Welcome to the family.

Again, start a thread for what you are looking for rather than burying it in the intros.

I have an extra insert but it's got the ubiquitous crack in it. I hung onto it to try to repair & then LineX as a spare but I really don't need it. Lemme know by Private Message if you're interested.

Tom
    Last edited by tom4bren : 07/17/2013 at 05:41 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

First posting on this site.....

First of all, big "thank you" to everyone for sharing on this forum. I have been lurking for a few weeks now and have learned so much.
    I just received my 2001 Ironman VX today (94k miles), which I purchased "sight-unseen" from Virginia Beach, VA. Luckily, she is pretty close to what the seller advertised. I am very happy with the vehicle overall.
    Prior to the purchase, I did some research on this VX and also spoke with a mechanic shop in VA that had done some work on her a short time ago. The mechanic shop had a favorable review of the VX.
    About me:
    Name: Greg
    Profession: Independent Used Vehicle Dealer
    Why I bought a VX: (Familiar story, I'm sure) Wanted one when they came out....couldn't afford at the time....kinda forgot about the VX over the years cause I never see them! Decided to fulfill my dream of ownership now that I have the means.
    That's about it.
    Will post pics soon.
    Looking forward to contributing to this forum (already have financially, but hope to offer some helpful input regarding the VX soon! )

Welcome to the family GPA.

Yah, that story is quite similar to many members here.

Hope you enjoy driving your VX as much as you dreamed you would.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi. My name is Jay and I just bought a 2000 Proton Vehicross last week. This one, in fact: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=24633

It has some problems, and I've been working my way through them, with help from some of the posts here.

Hi, My name is Matt, got my VX out in Lancaster, CA back in 2008. Recently came to point where I debated selling it or putting time and $ in to fix things that are starting to go bad/need work. I am not very experienced at working on my VX but trying to learn so that I can keep it and maintain it myself. Anyone in the Phx or Chandler, AZ area that would like to lend a hand/advice, I could definitely use it. Would love to get it back to trail-ready to go to a meet out in AZ sometime.

Hi all,
    First off by letting me thank you all! You all helped me find the right VX.
    I grew up on a Reservation in Montana. (might be first full blooded Native to own one?)
    Moved here to Gilroy,CA (stinkin garlic capital of the world) in 99.

New owner of an 01 Ironman. (loving every second of it)
    Picked it up in Sacramento,CA. 126k and counting. No history on it and no luck searching. It's stock except for aftermarket stereo/speakers.

Look forward to the journey with you all.

Thanks Tom it would be a rare find in a bone yard and if i did find one i think i take it home with me or at the very least try and buy it.

Also i like to say Hello to all the Maryland people and everyone visits this site like to meet everyone for a VX party at one of the local parks.

Thanks Tom it would be a rare find in a bone yard and if i did find one i think i take it home with me or at the very least try and buy it.
    Contact these guys, they all have many parts they're selling:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=24301

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=23895

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=24505
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Should I buy a VX?

I have a chance to buy a 1999 VX w/ 110,000 mi on it. It's an original owner vehicle for $5000. It runs great now but am I looking at expensive repairs down the road? - thanks

You can also email me at mlittle.mail@insightbb.com with any helpful suggestions...

- thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a chance to buy a 1999 VX w/ 110,000 mi on it. It's an original owner vehicle for $5000. It runs great now but am I looking at expensive repairs down the road? - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AZOutlaw View Post
    Anyone in the Phx or Chandler, AZ area that would like to lend a hand/advice, I could definitely use it. Would love to get it back to trail-ready to go to a meet out in AZ sometime.
    Welcome. Use the search function on the home page to try to find members near you (members from the drop down, click on advanced & then on the next page you can put in city and/or state.)

Quote Originally Posted by VehiCrow View Post
    Look forward to the journey with you all.
    Grats on finding the right VX for you & welcome to the family.

Also i like to say Hello to all the Maryland people and everyone visits this site like to meet everyone for a VX party at one of the local parks.
    I was thinking about a 'fix it' party at my place in November. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by mlittle59 View Post
    Welcome to the family. As with any used vehicle purchase, it's completely 'luck of the draw'. We'll be hoping that you found a good one & that there are no expensive repairs waiting for you. The best advice is to spend time reading through the forums to find any kind of preventative maintenance that is unique to the VX (such as checking your oil at every fueling, cleaning/replacing your PCV at every oil change, regular CV boot inspection ....). Just let us know if you have any issues & we'll help you to find the most reasonable solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been requested to introduce myself here. So HI Everybody! (a little Dr Nick humor sorry)

I have not as yet gotten a VX though I am looking, there's a few here in the KC area for sale at the moment (never even seen one for sale local prior to this). I have lurked here for several years looking at the mods and and updates (and the pictures). I have loved the VX for a while, it speaks to my performance background but also gives me a great option for offroading and of course something to drive in the KC winters instead of my 2005 GTO.

Looking for tips and what to look for and what to watch out for when buying and test driving one of these beasts.

Thanks all!
    S