Page 152 of 197 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

New here

hello everyone, I currently do not own a vx but I am going to hopefully be buying on within a week. Saw one one day coming home from work for sale. Thought it was awesome. I own a 95 trans am and a 95 Z28 and when I test drove the VX I loved it.

Hope to meet and chat with everyone.

Guess its time to say hi. Been lurking here taking notes for almost a week after finding out the first vx I had ever seen was for sale. Long story short I am now the owner of a 99 Ironman. Already going through some growing pains with windows and a previous lift that didnt agree so well with the front axle but I am having fun learning. Had it at shop the other day getting new tires. Parked next to an Audi R8, a pretty exotic ride I'll admit. I hear the mechanic laughing and I look out to see three people standing in the parking lot with their butts to the Audi, all looking over the vx. This is going to be a fun lil adventure.

Welcome fellers. Hope you both enjoy VX ownership ... & bein part of the fambly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hello all,
    Being a "gear head" since 15 and have owned my own auto shop since 1995, I am slowly buying all the cars I always wanted. I had an '87 Suzuki Samurai that in 13 years went from stock to 5" lift, ARB air lockers, 5:1 ratio transfer case, P/S, Sidekick 16V EFI motor with an intercooled T-25 turbo etc, etc. I spent over $20k trying to make the Sami as good as a VX, and it never would be as nice a ride (although probably a better rock crawler).

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Welcome Mike! Congrats on the proton.
    Scott
    There's no 'I' in denial.

Opportunity

I have always wanted a vehicross, and i finally have the opportunity to buy one
    In dragon green with only 31000 miles. With all of the problems the car seems to have, i wonder if i should follow through. Currently has stuck cd, new rims b/c old would not hold air, and windows do not work, not a motor issue.
    So, big question, be ause i think its one of the coolest vehicles of its time, should i do it? Thanks for your insight and experience.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    31,000 is great..depending on where its from and how its been maintained.
    (Rust? .. service history? ... general upkeep?)

CD player issues are normal...they often fail/eat discs !

Window issues are normal.... retro fit window tabs are available to fix the issue.

OEM rim issues not unusual..flaking chrome and pinhole air leaks are known.

If these are the only issues...depending on price and overall condition...
    ...it could be a good one.

The cost of fixes you mention ...
    CD depends on your audiophile level !
    Window tabs , about $75 ( parts & glue) if you do it yourself...
    ....maybe $200 if a garage does it with parts you supply from this contact :-
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.html

Any pics..other info you have would help.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ditto everything Jo said above. If it's not rusty, and no other big problems, sounds fantastic. Those issues you mentioned are a piece of cake, really, when you love a car as much as we all love this thing!

Have you seen the "new buyer questionnaire" thing we put together? It'll give you some more areas to check out on it.
    Don't freak out when you open it, just pick and choose from the questionnaire!
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...4&postcount=24

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    If you don't pull the trigger tell me where it is and then I'll have two...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hey guys, I live on an island named Guam out in the middle of the Pacific and my dad gave me his 2001 Ironman a few days ago for my birthday. Its one good looking machine. Im loving it so far other than a few window problems. And theres a proton yellow one out here too. Its been sitting in the same apartment complex for quite some time though.

My son-in-law and daughter are there also, he is in Air Force, they are getting ready to go to his next station soon. They will be in the Azores(sp), before Guam it was Oklahoma, don't get to see them much.

Hi y'all. I have had my red vx for 6 years. Just decided to join. I have been thinking of selling. Thought this would be a good place to start....maybe...

it's a good place to be talked out of it.haha

Smile Finally found the ONE!!!!

After about 4 years of searching, I finally purchased my first VX. How ironic that it was only less than 2 hours away. Its perfect, well as perfect as the engineers made the VX. Windows not working, 6 disc cd changer not working, but hey, I knew going into the sale. But I was so excited to find what I feel is a perfect vx with 31000 miles on it. Yes 31000. I think I am heaven!!! Well because I am giving up my 1991 honda civic hatchback, I think I can drive over that little car now. I could never imagine sitting in a VX and just loving everything about it. But I feel like one of the luckiest guys. I am just happy my wife understands my midlife crisis, but hey, Why Not.

Grats ... & welcome to the fambly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.