Page 141 of 197 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 151 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I remember my VW Club days...we all had show cars and would caravan through several cities (day trip or weekend trip) 20-30 bugs, what an awesome site. Do you folks ever do that. We would start driving through a few cities and pick up more for the caravan as we went. We'd end up some place for a picnic or whatnot.

On a side note, my Ironman is getting delivered tomorrow night.

Grats on gettin your VX tonight.

This event happened back in 2008 in Luray, VA.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...user/2141/sl/e

EDIT:

What Mav said below!!!

I didn't mention the meet at your place since she specifically mentioned 'road trip'. Luray was the only meet I've been to where I could find a pic of us lined up rolling down the road.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 10/11/2012 at 06:35 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Allison - We did have a Hampton Roads meeting back in 2010, here are the pics:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3273

The biggest cross-state type gathering each year is in Moab, UT. I went last year and it's a heck of a drive, especially with kids. But it was cool to see so many VX's (and so many different mods) all in one place. Here's a thread fast forwarded to the pictures for you:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...t=22517&page=2

I live near Blacksburg now but I'm still in HR a couple times a month on business. I usually take a rental but if you and others in the area (Marlin lives in Norfolk) want to have a get together let me know and I'll drive the VX.

Welcome to the group!

Hopefully you were able to sleep. too excited? I wasn't able to sleep at all the night before I flew out to go get my vx, I caught a little nap during the fkight, Was standing next to the vx by 10am, driving home (500 miles) we got a chance to get to know each other.

Enjoy your VX.... We all enjoy our rides, and like to share experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison3371 View Post
    I remember my VW Club days...we all had show cars and would caravan through several cities (day trip or weekend trip) 20-30 bugs, what an awesome site. Do you folks ever do that. We would start driving through a few cities and pick up more for the caravan as we went. We'd end up some place for a picnic or whatnot.

On a side note, my Ironman is getting delivered tomorrow night.

Life is better when you go Topless

The VX is home and today is the fine tooth comb day. The Ebay seller detailed it and it looks way more amazing than I expected. He focused on the faults and I think that killed the auction for him. It's in TERRIFIC condition. I'm thrilled. There are a few things it needs right out of the gate. I hope you guys might be able to help me with locating a few things. Should I post in a different thread? I'm still learning the rules of the site. I'd love to share some pictures too.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Allison3371 View Post
    The VX is home and today is the fine tooth comb day. The Ebay seller detailed it and it looks way more amazing than I expected. He focused on the faults and I think that killed the auction for him. It's in TERRIFIC condition. I'm thrilled. There are a few things it needs right out of the gate. I hope you guys might be able to help me with locating a few things. Should I post in a different thread? I'm still learning the rules of the site. I'd love to share some pictures too.
    Grats on getting your baby home & in excellent shape...

You'll most likely never be the same...

Yes, by all means, move questions to a new thread, but have a look here for certain questions that have been answered in the past...

Also, look here for site rules, & how to post pics.

Welcome.

My first pictures with a camera of my KILLER BEE!

"KILLER BEE" :

Thanks...lets see if this works!

"KILLER BEE" :

Mercy.... that looks terrific!

2000 Dragon

I am a single professional guy in Florida who first saw the VX when my buddy who is now a Border Patrol agent took me to look at a new one on the Isuzu Lot. At the time I thought it looked a lot like a running shoe on wheels.... neither of us could afford one at the time and the VX slipped from my memory, until a trip to Yosemite in 2011 brought it all back.

I saw a VX in the parking lot of Curry Village and thought that it was a perfect size for me and my Dogs/Gear. I had just turned in my leased German sports car and so the search was on. I missed out on a 2001 Foxfire Red one by only a week this past spring, I still think I like that color the best! I finally landed a 2000 Dragon Green VX with 63K on it in Tampa last month.

Rear Seats are out, Dogs and Gear are in, and the fun is just starting!!

Grats 63. Hope she's all you dreamed she would be. Don't worry, that stupid smile on your face won't fade with time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

OK,

Guy's and Gal's I live in wilmington nc and I have been looking for one of these beauties for years now and could not get the finances together at the right time.I absolutely love my vx it is still currently stock for the time being.As allot of everybody on here It will get a 3" lift and 32's I am gonna vinyl wrap the whole thing as soon as it arrives www.tiptopsigns sells the vinyl cheap depending on the style you choose.Mine is a 1999 with a 3.2l rodeo engine in it anyone live close by love to go to uwharrie and wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by wilmington nc styers View Post
    OK,

Guy's and Gal's I live in wilmington nc and I have been looking for one of these beauties for years now and could not get the finances together at the right time.I absolutely love my vx it is still currently stock for the time being.As allot of everybody on here It will get a 3" lift and 32's I am gonna vinyl wrap the whole thing as soon as it arrives www.tiptopsigns sells the vinyl cheap depending on the style you choose.Mine is a 1999 with a 3.2l rodeo engine in it anyone live close by love to go to uwharrie and wheel?
    I've seen Uwharrie mentioned several times here! I can't remember who the regular visitors are (wrong side of the country for me ), but use the search feature at top of the page. If you dig through those older topics and sort by posts you will find some folks who go there from time to time. Don't hesitate to send private messages to them and you'll probably have some volunteers in no time! I remember seeing references to "Hallowharrie" - that sounds October 31st-ish to me so this might be the perfect time to ask some questions and put together a group!

Welcome to the site!

I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, but I have finally made a deal to purchase my first VX.

I am going to purchase Henry's 2001 Proton

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=23286

And have it shipped to Mass sight unseen. I did this about 11 years ago, when I purchased a Triumph TR7 from southern California and it worked out great!

I am a Mechanical Engineer who has a passion for AWD turbo Mitsubishi's (DSM). I bought my first Eclipse GSX in '91 and have been hooked on them since! Back in the day, I had one of the fastest DSM's (running 10's 7-8 years ago, when it was somewhat unusual ), but my serious race car is gone and my latest Mitsu projects are:

'93 Eagle Summit AWD TSI (Eclipse race engine recipient)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3117423/1993-eagle-summit

It is a small, AWD minivan that shocks lot of people running 12.0 in the 1/4 mile

'96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (receiving AWD conversion).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335255...ubishi-eclipse

'80 Triumpth TR7 (VERY LONG term project, being converted to the same 4G63
    Mitsu Engine that is normally found in the Eclipse/Talon).

www.reitmanracing.com

All my life, I loved unusual cars, so naturally, I admired VX's since they first appeared in the late 90s. A few weeks ago, as I was looking for Mitsu Outlander as my daily driver, I found an ad for a VehiCross, and that reminded me just how much I liked these cars!

So... I found this forum, did some research and next thing I know, I am talking to Henry about purchasing his VX... It all happened kind of FAST!!!

I am not a bit off-roader, so I will probably keep it as well performing street truck.