Page 64 of 197 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Thumbs up Once a VX'er you always will be

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Hi, I'm Matt from Hungary but I live in New Zealand. The first time I saw a VX was on the North Beach of Christchurch. I was truly exited and my first thought was "what a great thing is this little monster", and how can I get one. About two years and few cars later I found a green one and become the happy owner. Probably I don't have to say I started to love the car more and more every day. Unfortunately I had to sell it after we started our business and I really felt bad. After I was VX-less... I kept looking at adds and parts on Ebay. Don't know why it's just felt good. Funny isn't it? About one month ago a friend come from Hungary and asked me if I could suggest a good 4WD car to use in New Zealand. Of course I told him about the VX and find a blue one for him in Auckland. Well that was even worst because I started to feel I like to have one again. Than something happened a few days ago. I'v got a message from a local auction house that there will be a 99 Lava Grey up for auction. I thought I can't afford it at the moment but we can have a look at it. So went down and find a Limited Edition beauty. Who can resist something like that? I bought it! So I have my second VX now and very happy with it!

Hi Matt great history & welcome to the brotherhood.

Those 175 limited edition VX got very nice looking colors.

When ever you got the opportunity post some pics

You have couple of fellow members in NZ,one of them is SPREY.

Have a good one
    Dakar was just the begining.

Proton VX Charlotte, NC

I am the proud owner of a 2001 Proton VX, the only one with red and black leather interiors I might add, it looks sweet!:grinr:

Regarding the red interiors. Funny story; I work with two more people (husband and wife) that "randomly" owned the same Silver VX each (yeah, I was as surprised as anyone when getting there on my first day of work and saw the two VX’s on the parking lot… what are the odds?).

The engine of one of them blew up recently and to replace it was more money that to sell it by parts. I talked to my coworker and we decided to trade interiors on that VX and we did... including the steering wheel, panels and knobs with amazing results… now, that is my own personal opinion. He kept everything usable for his own VX and donated what was left of it... Pictures to come... (By the way, how can I download a picture on my profile?)
    The best is yet to come!!

Welcome!

This should help but, PM if you more. http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...egory&cid=7#38
    Scott / moncha.com

Welcome Sagraz! I’d love to see the pix.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Where did he "donate" it too...

Is it available for others to get parts from?

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do not know who he donated to, but if I'd known, I'd like to get my hands on the windshield that was recently cracked on the *one day* snow storm we have here in the Carolinas and because of limited insurance, I have to pay full price... (It sucks!). The rest of the car was auctioned...

Moncha, I meant that I can not *UP-LOAD* and it is not that I am completely computer illiterate (I am old but not that old) but my computer is not that friendly with me ... any ideas?
    Last edited by sagraz : 04/17/2009 at 01:23 PM
    The best is yet to come!!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    If you work with them , can you ask??

Quote Originally Posted by sagraz View Post
    I do not know who he donated to,
    jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello

Hello i am new here as i am sure you know. I do not currently have a VX but am in the market to get one. I am moving to New Hampshire in about 3 months, I am currently in the military in Japan. I have a 2009 Fatboy and the rest we will get when we get back.

ROb

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Welcome to all the new members.

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    Hello i am new here as i am sure you know. I do not currently have a VX but am in the market to get one. I am moving to New Hampshire in about 3 months, I am currently in the military in Japan. I have a 2009 Fatboy and the rest we will get when we get back.

ROb
    Welcome Rob: If the Military will pay to re-locate you back to the states. Pickup a JDM Version of the VX and have it re-locate with you and be the only (I think) JDM/Right hand drive VX in the lower 48. And if you get it in the country and don't like it, I have a buddy that is a rural Mail Carrier and he would jump all over it...BTW.. WELCOME ! !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

add one more vx owner

I got my vx about a month ago... my wife and I were driving along, just minding our own business and this vx was at the end of a driveway with a for sale sign ... guess the rest. I have always wanted one but never had the opportunity... ( I had just gotten my tax return $ , muahahahaha !!)
    dont have a manual though and will surely be in need of others advice .
    actually , heres a question already.....what is the "power" button used for ?
    I know , power, but how does it work ? i.e. more torque? I dont wanna use it until I know what its function is...\
    anyway , I love my vx.. live in upstate ny ( near ct./mass. borders)
    work for verizon, have 2 dogs 3cats 17 chickens and guinea fowl 2 parakeets
    thousands of honeybees ...blah blah blah
    jonny

Welcome Jonny,

You will quickly find the answer to many common VX questions by using the "search" function at the top. The Power Button just happens to be one of those questions that comes up regularly.

Anyway, welcome....and if you screen name is a reference to Mad Max, then COOL!!!!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by jonnytheboy View Post
    what is the "power" button used for ?
    I know , power, but how does it work ? i.e. more torque? I dont wanna use it until I know what its function is.
    It changes the shift points in the transmission.It drives a little sportier.Most people turn it on and never turn it off.Winter button starts the truck in 3rd so less slipping on snow and ice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnytheboy View Post
    I got my vx about a month ago... my wife and I were driving along, just minding our own business and this vx was at the end of a driveway with a for sale sign ... guess the rest. I have always wanted one but never had the opportunity... ( I had just gotten my tax return $ , muahahahaha !!)
    dont have a manual though and will surely be in need of others advice .
    actually , heres a question already.....what is the "power" button used for ?
    I know , power, but how does it work ? i.e. more torque? I dont wanna use it until I know what its function is...\
    anyway , I love my vx.. live in upstate ny ( near ct./mass. borders)
    work for verizon, have 2 dogs 3cats 17 chickens and guinea fowl 2 parakeets
    thousands of honeybees ...blah blah blah
    jonny
    Hi jonny !

Welcome to the addiction,You got bit by the VX poison & that's all need to get in love with it.

You can gently post some pics of your new toy whenever you got a chance to do so.

I will also take the opportunity to invite you to the upcoming meet on july the 25th,members from NY,NJ,CT & PA will be getting together in the northern area of NJ you may be interested to join us.

Follow the Tri-state & PA thread @ the meeting forum & sign up.

Again,welcome aboard jonny
    Dakar was just the begining.

Welcome all new members, From Central Illinois
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"