Page 154 of 197 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacPureBred View Post

Looking for tips and what to look for and what to watch out for when buying and test driving one of these beasts.

Thanks all!
    S
    The oil consumption is probably one of the most important issues to ask about. Officially, to cover their butts, Isuzu issued a TSB advising that 1 qt/1000 miles was considered "normal".

Overheating seems to have become a VERY common problem in the past year or two. Most report it only occurs when A/C is on, air temp is very hot, and stop/go traffic. Frequently, it's been the fan clutch that was the culprit, and resolved the problem when replaced (for me included). So I'd ask about that.

You mentioned you found the questionnaire, that's a great start.
    Did you come across the "expanded" questionnaire? It goes a bit further into detail and is better organzied/grouped.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...08&postcount=2
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    The oil consumption is probably one of the most important issues to ask about. Officially, to cover their butts, Isuzu issued a TSB advising that 1 qt/1000 miles was considered "normal".

Overheating seems to have become a VERY common problem in the past year or two. Most report it only occurs when A/C is on, air temp is very hot, and stop/go traffic. Frequently, it's been the fan clutch that was the culprit, and resolved the problem when replaced (for me included). So I'd ask about that.

You mentioned you found the questionnaire, that's a great start.
    Did you come across the "expanded" questionnaire? It goes a bit further into detail and is better organzied/grouped.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...08&postcount=2
    Yep that's the one I have sent to two sellers, they both hate me now. (One said he was familiar with the boards and actually bought his through someone here - that gave me some reason for optimism)
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3986653081.html

I will watch out for the issues mentioned here and in the other thread I started, of course with regard to overheating ... I have owned a lot of big engine Pontiacs, and I have dealt with those issues ALOT. I will probably go bigger aluminum radiator and electric fans (unless there's no room for that stuff.)

With the new GTOs Pontiac was bad about CYA TSBs too, so I am familiar with that insanity as well, does not take away from a good, fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacPureBred View Post
    I will watch out for the issues mentioned here and in the other thread I started, of course with regard to overheating ... I have owned a lot of big engine Pontiacs, and I have dealt with those issues ALOT. I will probably go bigger aluminum radiator and electric fans (unless there's no room for that stuff.)
    I happen to know a bit about big aluminum radiators in a VX
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...minum+radiator

Newthings sold his VX, but LittleBeast just installed his last month (as well as an electric fan set up).
    That's the only three I know of in a VX.
    VX KAT
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Talking New owner!

Hey all!
    finally after 20 years since I first saw a picture of the VX in an article in the USA today rag, i finally own one. long story short, my Dad and I both loved the look of the VX, he bought this one in 2002 with 105 miles on it for 25k, i helped him find it, but could'nt afford to own it myself. drove 300 miles to get it and he gave me the first test drive! loved it then and still do. Pops decided it was time to pass the vx baton.
    Now that its mine i intend to do lots of upgrades. been following the forum for months and have read lots of great info and stories, glad to be part of the owners club!

Welcome to the family krdgc. Interesting story ... there's a couple of other owners who inherited their VX ... but not many.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks for the intro! yeah been watching the poor thing degrade over the last decade... the old man was never one for maintenance unfortunately.
    I just finished reading the forum on the upgraded hitch mount. any word on the future of that project? seems the welder has suffered a tough year.
    new to the whole forum thing, trying to figure out the nuances...

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Use this thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the club.
    Even if you are just lurking, this is an important thread. Tell us a litle about yourself and your experience in finding your VX.
    While you are at it, select what you are driving here

Note:You will be able to reply to this thread but, you will not be able to respond to anyone else's. No photo's are allowed
    Hi everyone! I found my vehicross through craigslist not more than 20 miles from my house. He was a bit battered some missing bits, scratched and has a funny sound about him. I saw the TOD and thought I should call the little truck todd. I was recovering from a bad car accident(55+45 head on) almost died but recovering great now. I am living in the app mountains of NW North Carolina. Todd handles the mountains great, always plenty of power. My new hobby is fixing him up bit by bit. Todd and I drive daily always getting coments or stares.

Quote Originally Posted by krdgc70 View Post
    Thanks for the intro! yeah been watching the poor thing degrade over the last decade... the old man was never one for maintenance unfortunately.
    I just finished reading the forum on the upgraded hitch mount. any word on the future of that project? seems the welder has suffered a tough year.
    new to the whole forum thing, trying to figure out the nuances...
    Welder Guy is building them up as we speak (albeit slooooooowly). Want me to add your name to the list?

Quote Originally Posted by ncvxfixup View Post
    Hi everyone! I found my vehicross through craigslist not more than 20 miles from my house. He was a bit battered some missing bits, scratched and has a funny sound about him. I saw the TOD and thought I should call the little truck todd. I was recovering from a bad car accident(55+45 head on) almost died but recovering great now. I am living in the app mountains of NW North Carolina. Todd handles the mountains great, always plenty of power. My new hobby is fixing him up bit by bit. Todd and I drive daily always getting coments or stares.
    Grats on the VX .... & the recovery. Welcome to the family. A few of us are headed down to Uwharrie (sp?) in October if you'd like to join in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Yes, Tom4bren, i would like to be on the list!

hello

hi everyone, I'm roxsanne
    I have a `99 silver ironman edition, his nickname is speedy
    i am the originial owner of the vehicle. I still have the dealership brochure when I went to take a look at him. I also have the limited edition hot wheels they made of him. I hate to admit i don't drive him much. I had a baby and its not the most convenient getting the kiddo in and out of the back. but i won't part with him. a friend of mine told him they may put this vehicle on a collectors list because they are so limited-so few were made and there are small numbers of them out in the market(due to accidents and such). I don't come to the website very often but i will try harder. lots of info out here. hope to talk to everyone soon.

Hi Everyone. I'm Stephanie, was from the Arkansas Ozarks, recently moved to OK.
    My hubby and I bought our first VX in 04. Drove to Memphis to pick it up. I wasn't as gung ho as he was from the pics on the Internet but when he let me drive it part way home, I fell in love. lol Unfortunately, he liked variety and traded it off a while later not long before he passed away.

I have been driving a VW Beetle but it was totaled last friday. I'm banged up but could have been much worse so no complaints, God was definitely watching over me. I haven't heard back from the adjuster yet but the tow guy was sure it would be totaled (bent frame, leaking gas). So, been 'window' car shopping and came across a VX not too far away with 155000 on it. My aunt passed away the day after my wreck so between arrangements for her and barely able to walk, I haven't been able to go check it out but I'm hoping to this weekend or first of next week. Keeping my fingers crossed I can get it or if not, maybe find another.

My only other ride is a Honda Shadow bike and I'm not sure I could lift it off it's kickstand right now I hurt so bad but can't wait to get back on it. Look forward to getting to know you all and find my own VX.

Stephanie, welcome (back) to the obsession. So sorry to hear about everything that you are going through right now, but it can only get better from here right?

Like any car, the VX can be very reliable depending on how it was taken care of by the previous owner(s). Be sure to take a good look at the VX that you are thinking about, but if it doesn't feel right then walk away. The right VX is out there for you and it may take a little bit to find it. I looked for a year, or more, before finding mine but when I did find her I knew she was the one. There are a few for sale by members here on the site so keep your eyes open. Many of us have gotten our VX's from out of state and either had them shipped home, or flown out and driven them back. There are many members here who would be happy to look at a VX for you if/when you find one far away from you.

Look forward to seeing you around.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

First Car!

I was lucky to have a family friend with a VX, though when my dad got his hands on it the engine had been completely blown. Within the last year we've replaced the engine and the shocks and completely transformed it! Just last week he drove it from Arkansas to Kansas to surprise me with it. I'm beyond in love with it already!

(I haven't figured out how to upload pictures on here yet though)

Quote Originally Posted by devinlea View Post
    I was lucky to have a family friend with a VX, though when my dad got his hands on it the engine had been completely blown. Within the last year we've replaced the engine and the shocks and completely transformed it! Just last week he drove it from Arkansas to Kansas to surprise me with it. I'm beyond in love with it already!

(I haven't figured out how to upload pictures on here yet though)
    Welcome, what a great surprise!

HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:

• Click on "Gallery" from the top banner along the top
    • Then click "Gallery Links", also along top banner
    • Find "Upload Photos" from drop down box
    • Next screen will show where you can attach up to 5 pics from your gallery
    • Look for "Choose file", click and then find the pic on your computer
    • After you've selected up to 5, scroll down and click button "Upload/Submit". It may take a minute or so.
    • After it uploads, a screen showing the pics you've just uploaded will appear.
    • Here you can add text or a title to each pic.
    • Click SUBMIT button

HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO A POST:

• Start a post
    • On right side you'll see a small gray box titled "My pics"
    • Click "Open"
    • Find the pics in your Gallery and click "Upload"
    • Can add up to 20 pics in a single post
    • Once attached in the body of the post, hit the RETURN/ENTER key after each one so there's a space between each pic.
    VX KAT