Page 150 of 197 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Greetings and thanks for the opportunity to join the group.
    I'm from Queen Creek, AZ and just purchased a 99 w/ 111k at a repo auction last Saturday... I am looking to get this rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutterd View Post
    Just about to purchase 2000 Foxfire vin: 0110. Anybody know it? About $5k, in good condition it appears except for back cladding ding and small oil leaks.
    Your ride was previously owned by 2 different members here: Steve W from Lynnwood, WA & pony.xpress from Olympia, WA. Neither member ever posted anything on the forum but I didn't check to see if they posted any pix in their galleries. You can contact fellow Foxfire owner vt_maverick to see if he has any further info on it in his data.

Grats on your purchase. Hope you have lots & lots of fun with it.

BTW, to find this kind of information go to the home page & look to the left. There's a 'Search' tool on the sidebar. Select 'Members' from the drop down & leave the search field blank for now. Click on 'Advanced'. Click 'Go'. On the next page put the VIN info in the appropriate box & click on 'Search Now'. Easy-Peasy!
    Last edited by tom4bren : 05/21/2013 at 05:02 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by detoxed View Post
    I'm from Queen Creek, AZ and just purchased a 99 w/ 111k at a repo auction last Saturday... I am looking to get this rolling.
    Grats on your purchase. You'll find this forum a wealth of knowledge to help you getting your new Beastie back on the road. Best of Luck & welcome to the family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks. Managed to speak with SteveW directly, it has been passed around over the years but Vin 0110 is hear to stay!

Some rust underneath, and an Evap code check engine light nobody can deal with here on the coast, but fundamentally in much better shape than I expected. I'll have some posts for the VX troubleshooting board soon. :-)

One of the owners did some funky wiring - gotta figure that out, some of these switches seem to have no purpose.

Plans are to add a header console, and replace the mirror with a rearview system at some point. And (possibly blasphemously) change out the grey seats and interior for a red seats and interior since it is a Foxfire.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Your ride was previously owned by 2 different members here: Steve W from Lynnwood, WA & pony.xpress from Olympia, WA. Neither member ever posted anything on the forum but I didn't check to see if they posted any pix in their galleries. You can contact fellow Foxfire owner vt_maverick to see if he has any further info on it in his data.

Grats on your purchase. Hope you have lots & lots of fun with it.

BTW, to find this kind of information go to the home page & look to the left. There's a 'Search' tool on the sidebar. Select 'Members' from the drop down & leave the search field blank for now. Click on 'Advanced'. Click 'Go'. On the next page put the VIN info in the appropriate box & click on 'Search Now'. Easy-Peasy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutterd View Post
    Thanks. Managed to speak with SteveW directly, it has been passed around over the years but Vin 0110 is hear to stay!

Cool

Some rust underneath, and an Evap code check engine light nobody can deal with here on the coast, but fundamentally in much better shape than I expected. I'll have some posts for the VX troubleshooting board soon. :-)

CEL could be caused by a wonky gas cap. Worth checking before digging into the emissions system

One of the owners did some funky wiring - gotta figure that out, some of these switches seem to have no purpose.

Plans are to add a header console, and replace the mirror with a rearview system at some point. And (possibly blasphemously) change out the grey seats and interior for a red seats and interior since it is a Foxfire.

EWWWWW ... but that's just my $.02 (& I want change back). May want to try out some Wet Okole seat covers & wheelskins first to make sure you want to make the change permanent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by detoxed View Post
    hey detox- Welcome!
    I'm up near Prescott. There's about 5 or 6 VXers in PHX and a few in Tucson. We get together every year or so.
    Welcome to the addiction!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I've been driving my VX since I inherited it when my Dad passed away. Some of you know my parents, Todd & Linda Adams. My name is J.R. and my wife is Deanna. We were able to make it for ZuZoo just for the last weekend. My VX is a 99 Ironman. It still has the Hot Wheels on the insert that my dad put there. I will never take that off! I have ridden and driven in this VX since it's original purchase. It recently had the engine rebuilt, and I have some driveline and axle work to do, but it will soon be in tip-top shape!

Sadly I never got to meet your Pops. He has quite the reputation. He lives on tho through you & your ride. I won't welcome you to the family though since technically you've been family for a long time already. Hope to meet you sometime in Moab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hiya JR..

Great to meet you , Deanna and of course see Linda again ..in Moab.
    Looking fwd to wheeling there with ya in the years to come

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have just purchased a 1998 JDM silver Vehicross in the UK. The car is converted to run on propane (as well as petrol), has been de-badged and the rear suspension lifted two inches. Previous owner put a lightbar on the top using rail grabbers, there are also retractable TV antennaes at the back of the rails which seem to be non-functional. The car has covered 115,000 km, but everything seems to be in good shape. Drove back from Northern Ireland to London this morning, will be checking everything thoroughly for the MOT. The only fault so far seems to be a microswitch in the transmission mode selector. If you don't put downwards pressure on the stick, it occasionally randomly switches from 2WD to TOD mode when highway driving. Also the tint on the rear side windows is in bad shape, needs peeled off and replaced.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps24e33766.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...psbd78d3a1.jpg

Can't do much on the Vehicross right now as I am in the final stages of my twin-turbo DeLorean build. Once that's done would certainly be up for putting a supercharger on the VX, though it looks like it's impossible to get the kits now.
    Last edited by Starglider : 06/06/2013 at 03:56 AM

Welcome to the adiction, 'Glider. Good lookin' rig you got there. Seems very clean from the pics. Your hood insert is quite shiny - is it painted or recently treated with something? Any other mods that you know of?

And as for supercharging, yeah... don't lose any sleep over it. Trust me, I have, and I've lost even more since I got one. You've got the DeLorean anyway. It's a good to have a non-VX go-fast outlet!
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Welcome to the adiction, 'Glider.
    Thanks. I've owned an Audi Allroad (manual TDi) for some time, appreciated the quattro but wanted a real offroader. Had a salvage Volvo XC90 briefly to give it a try but wasn't impressed with that lump. I vaugely remembered the Vehicross from car news sites back when I was in university; looked it up and was pleasantly surprised to see a good online community for it. Running costs looked like an issue since it's petrol auto only, but I finally found a propane converted one to reduces the fuel costs.

Good lookin' rig you got there. Seems very clean from the pics. Your hood insert is quite shiny - is it painted or recently treated with something? Any other mods that you know of?
    The grey hood panel looks clearcoated, wasn't sure if that was standard.

The previous owner removed all badges (even taped over the steering wheel center) but put this custom one on the grill;

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps3ef552f6.jpg

There is a custom amp and equaliser that doesn't seem to be working properly, haven't had time to fiddle with it in detail (lighter is also missing);

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps5c5ca45e.jpg

Light bar was clean when I left but covered in bugs from seven hours highway driving;

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...psdb1abaf9.jpg

Here's the propane tank;

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps97f535e4.jpg

I'd like to fit a hitch / towbar, not sure if the tank is going to be a problem (in the way of the crossbar). There is a cheap generic rear foglight, of the sort you see on a lot of import vehicles to meet minimum UK legal requirements (DeLorean owners often have these on just for the MOT test). The propane filler is just below, odd location but filler nozzle still fits ok.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps314a8c6b.jpg

Petrol tank has been reduced to about 25 litres to fit the propane tank, overall though range is increased from the original.

Engine looks in good shape, a few minor things cracked or rusted but the block, hoses, plugs, injectors etc look good. The previous owner put on a massive pod filter, which I suspect does nothing for power but does make a nice induction sound. The propane pump/filter/injectors look fairly tidy;

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...psc2b05e9c.jpg

VIN plate;

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ps11503417.jpg

And as for supercharging, yeah... don't lose any sleep over it. Trust me, I have, and I've lost even more since I got one.
    Heh, the voice of experience. Maybe I'll look at it if/when I need to do an engine rebuild.

You've got the DeLorean anyway. It's a good to have a non-VX go-fast outlet
    Yeah, the DMC-12 and the VX are complimentary and can always borrow the wife's Skoda if four doors are absolutely necessary, so I'll sell the Allroad. Nearly 130,000 miles on it, but the diesel engines are good for a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    I'd like to fit a hitch / towbar, not sure if the tank is going to be a problem (in the way of the crossbar).
    Welcome to the family.

When you are ready to look into a hitch, I may have a solution for you. Maybe I could just get some drawings made up for you to get it fabricated over there rather than shipping a 30 lbs hunk of steel. Check my gallery for pix of the hidden hitch or look for the thread on the subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome! I picked up my VX as a "winter beater", but... it is gradually becoming THE project car... So it appears that I am rearranging project prioritiest and my Turbo 4g63 powered Triumph TR7 is slipping back

So watch out! You have been warned!

How is the propane fuel work? Does it get mixed in with the petrol? Or switches to it exclusively? How does computer handle it?
    96 Eclipse Spyder GSX (already turbo, AWD swap)
    93 Eagle Summit AWD (4G63 turbo swaps)

Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post
    How is the propane fuel work? Does it get mixed in with the petrol? Or switches to it exclusively? How does computer handle it?
    There are a second set of injectors (+pump +filter) for the LPG; the petrol injectors are disabled when in LPG mode. I remember old cars that needed ECU modifications or even a second ECU to work with propane, but apparently that's all in the past, current systems are close enough in fueling to work with the existing ECU & map.