Page 10 of 197 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I've had my 2001 Vx for 1 whole year now. As of a month ago, it is wearing a nice shiney coat of Line-X bedliner on it's cladding. I'll never have to worry about cladding scratches again.

I picked up my VX in Dallas Thursday and drove it home to Northwood (Toledo), Ohio... My; what a fine ride!

It's an interesting combination of high tech (electronically controlled engine and transmission) and low tech (mechanical odometer, no way into the back without a key, fussy power windows). What was a $30,000 car with a prop-rod to hold up the hood!

I expected the 20 miles per gallon I got. I didn't expect the ride to be so much fun!

If only the rear-view camera had been included on US models - rear visibility really sucks.

My Da'Lan trailer hitch was waiting when I got home and I look forward to the arrival of some other goodies soon.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the VX.

Thumbs up

I'm not a VX owner but enjoy talking Isuzu! I drive a lifted 02 Axiom. Live near the Santa Anita horse racing track in beautiful Arcadia, CA. This forum rocks!

New owner!!

I just bought a 2000 Vehicross, its Kaiser Silver, #275. It has 40,000 miles and so far I'm in love with it! There are a few things I'd love to do with it, like get a smaller brake pedal (my foot hits the brake and the gas at the same time) and install a thermomter/compass rearview mirror. I'm excited to talk with other owners and find some other mods and meeting times! I'm in Minneapolis, MN in case anyone is in the area and sees me drive by![IMG]c:\[/IMG] [IMG]c:\vehicross.jpg[/IMG]

Who You Talkin' Bout Willis?

I've been driving my VX since 2000. I first saw it at an Iron Man event back in 96-97? I was in high school then and that car became my dream car. I sat in it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. In 1999 I was driving by the usual Isuzu dealership when I spotted the VX in their showroom. I traded in my 1997 Blazer ZR2 SUV which had 33's, all chromed out and cherry red. At the time it was the hottest little SUV around. My wife was furious, but shortly fell in love with the VX. She still thinks of the VX as a horrible investment because of how much it has depreciated in value. I was a little disappointed too, but after thinking about it, VALUE IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. After 60,000 miles, two trips out West, a dozen camping trips, and many miles along the East coast, I have decided to finally put a stop to the nonsense, I am in the process of lifting and detailing the VX to become my new offroad machine, and I'm selling my 92 Jeep Wrangler with 35's and Spring Over to the highest bidder... Away with Jeep and Hello VX. I am excited to take it on some adventures as everyone on this post has such good stories to tell!

So, sorry for the detailed story, anyway, I'm 23, married, and work for Hewlett-Packard. I do some consulting on the side and just started my own business, the website is called www.pocketPCguy.com and one day it will be up!!! I am somewhat of a guru when it comes to handhelds, go figure, I like toys! Look forward to working with all you and hopefully meeting you at a few rally's!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

a

I've know about VX's for a while and have been hoping to find a used one at the right price.

I traveled from Tampa to Pompeno Beach today (380 miles) ;eekg; to look at a 99 VX at a dealer for $12995. I was told they did not have a lot of room with the price. After 4 hours of driving, they would not budge at all on the price and would only pony up $400 in trade for my 94 Integra with 250K miles (kinda makes sense). I wanted to see what the financing would be. I waited and waited, with them telling me it would be another 10 minutes every so often and waited total 45 minutes . I got sick of this, the sales guy had moved on to a new customer too, so I walked out and drove home through blinding rain. The VX was ok, but has some UV damage to the clading and it looked like a battery had cracked in it as the tray and fender well had acid damage.

Maybe something will turn up towards the end of the year when I am more ready and the dealer is more willing.

Jonathan

I've had no problems except the defective windows (fixed for now) and headlight rubber (total replacement of both headlight assemblies under warranty). I leased my 99 Ebony in October, 1999 when the price was at its highest. The lease terminates this October and provides for a $16K purchase price. The total outlay would probably set a record for the most expensive stock VX in America. Nevertheless, given the maximum satisfaction and minimal problems presented over only 28K miles, my best option may be to surrender and enjoy it.

Smile Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I have been a Vehicross admirer for several years, and am now searching for a vehicross for sale in California. Does anyone know of any dealers that still have some? Ideally I'd love to get a silver, black, or white 2001 VX. Ok, well if anyone has any suggestions on tracking some down please let me know. I tracked down several 6 months ago that were new 2001s, but alas others beat me to purchasing. Anyways, I'm glad to be a member and I hope you all can help me with my search.

Thanks

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Hi Kristin! I used to live on corner of Bay & Stockton. Try using www.autotrader.com

I just tried it with my old zip code and came up with this one:
    http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...or=&cardist=45

What do you know... it's silver too. Good luck!

ps-might want to try eBay too.

Thanks

Thanks Paul & Everyone,

I didn't even know about that website. That one is in good condition too with low miles. Ideally I want to get a new one. When I went on a massive phone search about 8 months ago I tracked down about 4 in the Bay Area that were new, but by the time I got there they were sold . I heard there may be new ones still in Southern CA, but I'm not sure where. If anyone hears anything please email me. Also, I was curious what you guys do to deal with the rearview visibility problem. I heard that some people get the little circular mirrors to attach to the sideview mirrors while others do the rearview cams. What do you guys like better? Advantages/Disadvantages? Also, if you have the rearview cams did you get a dash mount or a roof mount? Ok, sorry for the tons of questions, just thinking about stuff to do after I get a VX. Thanks again for the website & ideas.

Room for one More?

Hello all.
    When I first got my VX, I found the original vx forum, though it was shut down. Flash forward 2 years and one broken axle later ... while looking for a used front left axle online, i found not one but two great forums to use.
    Over the two years, I have moved on to custon wrangler rear springs for about a 3 1/2 inch lift and clear 33" tires easily, even in extreme situations. After seeing what some of you have been able to do, I'm completely blown away! After spending some time reading most of the posts, I think someone even had a sighting of me. Very cool.

Thanks for all the effort,

Rook
    If I'm so anal about keeping my car clean, why do I smile everytime it's covered in mud?

The Tonka Bug

Proud owner for 12 months. Discovered that there are two major issues with VX ownership in the UK:

Outrageous cost of fuel!
    ZERO support.

I dealt with the first problem by getting an LPG conversion. This is still going strong and I kept ground clearance despite the under body tank!
    As for the second problem, that is where you guys (and girls) across the water have been invaluable. A big "CHEERS" to you on the other side of the pond for you advice which I have (until now) been silently tapping in to.
    I have a Japanese import model which has the rear monitor and TV installation. This has allowed me to fit a Clarion GPS system.
    I too have had a problem with the left hand window seizing. A replacement motor (Nissan Maxima was the only one available on line) was installed, tracks widened and now all is sweet!
    About to drive 3000 mile round trip across Europe. Wish me luck!
    ;eekg;

Hi All,
    I just, literally just got 2001 Protonon Yellow, 0911. It's been only 24 h I brought it home.

I took 3 days of begging, praising, threatening and other things done to have my husband convinced to buy this car. Ofcourse he said no, I said nothing and I thought that was it.
    The next day he called me at 10 in the morning at work, right in the middle of breakfast rush - I am a waitress besides being nuts - that he is buying the car. I got a panic attack and hung up on him. I tried to call him back but his cell phone was off. I called dealership, but the sales guy secretly disappeared and was nowhere to be found. Then the things got weird - there was someone wanting something, and order to go, and my boss staring at me, and right in the middle of all that my hubby walked in with the sales guy and both demanded answer: yes or no?
    No, absolutely no. Then yes. Then no again. Then paper bag and a glass of cold water. At the end there was dealer's strong handshake and people congratulating me. I had to sit down.

Really it is my first VX. I saw a few on the street but did not pay attention to them. Then by some accident, visiting dealership with my dad for something, I test drove this funky looking yellow thing and got stricken by lightning. My life was not complete without one. With emphasis on WAS...

Hello

In Boston, MA - my green dragon will be with me 1 year in November. Looking for others out there - travel to NE PA all of the time via Upstate NY.