Page 99 of 197 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Talking

Welcome James, and gratz!

Write down the millage when you get it, then come back and tell us how many you put on it in your first month

Inherited Vehicross

My best friend passed away and left me his Vehicross. He was the second owner and in helping him research and decide which one to get I got Vehicross fever and almost sold my tricked out Jeep Cherokee to buy a Proton Vehicross.
    Sanity returned when I realized the VX wouldn't be as good a kayak hauler as my Jeep, so I installed a pair of Recaro knock-offs and called it even.

I have been a "car guy" since I was 10 years old and hung out with my father when he entered his 1951 Ford Victoria mild custom in various car shows around the country. I have even been professionally involved in car restoration, specializing in auto trim. I currently have two 914-6 Porsches, one a street legal race car that is scary fast, the other a comfortable tourer, and the aforementioned Jeep. My first passion is sea kayaking and I have kayaked N.America, S. America, Europe and New Zealand.

I first showed my friend Jim the Vehicross when it was on the auto show circuit in 1996[?] from a picture in Autoweek. I think we both lusted after one from then but he was the one who got it and now it's mine.

The first owner lived in the upper midwest so it has some pretty serious
    rust going on under the cladding, will be looking for advise on that later.
    My biggest issue right now is finding a combination switch as the turn signal lever is broken and dangling. If I fumble around with it I can get the signal on but I'd really like to either get a new one or fix this one.

I've already put on new wheels and tires thanks to Little Laurie's trial and error with her many sets of wheels and tires mine look great.
    I have already bought Bilsteen's a Magnaflow muffler and K&N airfilter a new
    sound system with powered sub. Want to install a rear door popper but am trying to figure out the best kit to get. I also have purchased a Westin bull bar and Hella lights and now just need the time to install everyting.

I'll go post a request on the parts/modifications threads asking for help location that combination switch

Janodes

Welcome aboard Janodes, always good to see a new Foxfire owner join the club!

New VX Owner

I just flew out to Ohio to pick up my '99 VX. I got to know her pretty well on the drive back to Austin, TX. She's got a few issues that we will have to fix, but overall I am very happy with the purchase. ~134K

I started working on cars with my Dad as soon as I could hold a wrench and always wanted to learn as much as possible. I never wanted to be one of those women waiting on the side of the road for help... or one that got taken advantage of with car issues. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty and I look forward to learning all about the VX.

Hello to all of you!
    I am super excited about joining the family!

Another Austinite. Welcome!

And we have another model as a member here. Welcome.

Mark Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    And we have another model as a member here. Welcome.

Mark Griffin
    Figured that out quick

hi, i'm nino and new here. wanted to get a vx since they came out, just couldn't afford it at the time. went on cars.com and found a 2001 for 6 g's and got it. always loved the vx. just has the regular wear and tear, window issue and body/light fading, about it otherwise it's in mint condition.

nice to be on a great community, lots of great info on here, so all those little wear and tear issues will be gone by spring time.

O.K., so I have wanted a VX for about 6 long years and as of yesterday I finally brought home my very own Proton. So far it has a bit of an issue but to be honest I just don't care. No other vehicle on the planet looks like a VehiCROSS and to this day I can't imagine what it would be like not owning one. Needless to say I've been dreaming about this since the first day I saw an Ebony almost 6 years ago. And I can truly say that I am in love.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

Welcome to the Madness...

I've had mine for about a year and still smile everyday. You're just down the highway and we'll have to get together soon.

Lots of great guys and gals here to help you with whatever issues you may encounter. Did you pick up the Proton from the guy in Rye, CO?
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I've had mine for about a year and still smile everyday. You're just down the highway and we'll have to get together soon.

Lots of great guys and gals here to help you with whatever issues you may encounter. Did you pick up the Proton from the guy in Rye, CO?
    No I picked mine up in Westminster, CO. And since you and pbkid have mentioned a meet and greet thing, seems like the COVX'ers need to get together. And for the highest success rate and easier on all of us and our wallets maybe we should do the meet after the holidays. Totally OT but I had to throw it out there.

Wife was our original VX owner... now it's me. She thought it was cool (still does) and loved it being a billy goat in the snow after driving a front-wheel drive car in New England and having to call me to pull her car home with my Avalanche. But after a few years and very few miles of driving just a short distance to work and back, she got way tired of the hard jouncy ride. In late 2009 she bought a new car, so we were up in the air for what to do with the 2002, 58k miles Foxfire... but not for long. I decided to transfer, re-register and keep it. So between that and the '05 Avalanche, neither of us is getting stuck in ANYTHING, ANYWHERE! I torsion-lifted it about 2 inches in the front, and jammed 2 rubber truck coil spring extender/blocks in two places of each of the rear springs, but it's not enough for the back. I'll read more on this thread for how to get that right, cause I think I want to make this lil' beast a 50/50 on and off-roader with some aggressive "33's that aren't too bad on the road. Looking forward to being more active on this board now. - BPA

BPA - got pics of that pretty Foxfire? Also would be nice to know the last four of your VIN, I've got a little Foxfire registry that I try to keep up to date with the member name, location, and status of each one we come across.

Welcome to all our new members!

VX Newbie

Hi everyone, don't have one as yet but have been considering a VX for a while now, hope i have posted correctly and look forward to loads of info and chat, cheers Bob & family

Thumbs up

Hello folks. I picked up a 1999 Silver VX this evening. Unique, somewhat esoteric, yet purposeful vehicles have always had a soft spot in my heart and I've been a fan of the VX for years. More than that, the community aspect is something I really appreciate when it comes to cars, racing, bikes, etc., and from what I can tell, you have a super supportive and enthusiastic community here! I'm very much looking forward to being a part of it.