Page 97 of 197 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I joined a while back then my computer went k-poot so i got a new one and here i am! Better late than never. Ha Ha There are some really cool and informative people here with some of the most beautiful VX's i've ever seen.
    Welcome Red! Your VX reputation precedes you as several of my friends have told me about the mystery Ebony VX they have seen tooling around southern Baldwin County AL. Look forward to seeing your ride sometime! If you see a Kaiser Silver VX down here, that's definitely me.

Welcome, SouthJ1! I saw your Vehicross video on YouTube the other day and I was wondering if you would join us here. I was gonna leave a message for ya to join us, but now you're here. You're gonna have a lotta fun with your VX and on the forums here.

Mark

ahh you found me on youtube youtube.com/SouthavenJ i love my vx so far its great.. i have officially named my VX "Catfish" because it looks so much like a catfish in the front

this coming may i would like to try to make it out to the zu zoo meet if i can do it

New pic's of Ol' Black Betty

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Welcome Red! Your VX reputation precedes you as several of my friends have told me about the mystery Ebony VX they have seen tooling around southern Baldwin County AL. Look forward to seeing your ride sometime! If you see a Kaiser Silver VX down here, that's definitely me.
    Just a closer look for ya. She looks so much better in person. Look in member pics' under "Red" See ya fellow VX'ers

Nice... now all you need are smoked turn lenses, marker lights, and tail lights, and the black theme will be complete!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Well it was nobody's on here, VX Crazy's is #1209 but it's an 01' Kaiser
    I still have both my VX's.....how is yours the same last 4 as mine??
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

The last four digits in our VINs are NOT unique. There's a few characters in the middle of the VIN that correspond to year of manufacture I believe.

Just a closer look for ya. She looks so much better in person. Look in member pics' under "Red" See ya fellow VX'ers
    Wow, gotta agree with that.

VX looks good too.
    And painted cladding.

Wonder where the nickname came from???

Don't worry about me Red, I am just the old guy from Down Under.

Welcome aboard.

Errrrh - sorry Sue - I will go back in my box now.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Hehe, thanks for the pics Red! I think you need more flake in that paint... hehehe.

Yeah its a nice ride, does not look at all like I recall it tho. Damn memory must be failing me. Did you always have the black rims?

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Don't worry about me Red, I am just the old guy from Down Under.

Welcome aboard.

Errrrh - sorry Sue - I will go back in my box now.

PK

That's OK PK, just don't be talking about her rack!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

[QUOTE=sleveritt;204575]Be careful what you wish for. After looking up a previous owner of my 1999 Ironman that was registered here, I was dismayed to see he drove almost 9 mos. with a leaking intake gasket. Several folks mentioned it to him, but he was always content to throw more "carb clehaner" in the tank and take it back to his "mechanic". Same problem month after month. Just never would listen to the knowledge of the group.

Though this was before the shop manual was made available for downloading to all.

Oh well, the 5.3L CSB is already mounted, so I don't have to worry about those MIL errors popping up every couple of months and costing a couple hundred it time to make it go off.[/QUOTE

Hey Sam. Chris in Fort Myers. How are you marrying a Chevy engine to the isuzu trans? I'm interested in knowing.
    I got the rear end you shipped. Thank you...but guess what. On the advice of 3 seperate mechanics i did this and it did not fix my rattle/grind. Now I know that those who read this will think I'm not so smart but I was under that VX a dozen times yanking on U-joints and so forth trying to nail it down. Last night I crawled underneath again and bingo - I found some play this time in the front U joint of the rear driveshaft. I also can get instability that I can feel and hear when I grab the north and south halves of the drive shaft and yank it around where it telescopes (from the splines). So I went up to the auto parts store and got a greasegun and greased the heck out of that joint and the drive shaft. Today the rattle is less audible but there. I think I found the problem. New universal soon. Do any readers have any other thoughts other than looking to the bearings in the transfer case.????

For those who would comment on my rattle grind. It resonates at its worst when backing off the excellerator at about 40 -45 MPH. When there is neutral load on the drive train. I pulled the hub locks off last week to make the front free wheel. It had no effect. Mechanics were convinced it was a differential problem or a bearing in the rear axle. One thought it could be in the transfer case. I always thought it behaves womewhat like a bad U joint but could never prove it by feeling for play or slack in the joints. Well any thoughts are appreciated. Especially if anyones knows of common reasons that are unique to the VX.

[QUOTE=Ebenezr;204795]
    Quote Originally Posted by sleveritt View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. After looking up a previous owner of my 1999 Ironman that was registered here, I was dismayed to see he drove almost 9 mos. with a leaking intake gasket. Several folks mentioned it to him, but he was always content to throw more "carb clehaner" in the tank and take it back to his "mechanic". Same problem month after month. Just never would listen to the knowledge of the group.

Though this was before the shop manual was made available for downloading to all.

Oh well, the 5.3L CSB is already mounted, so I don't have to worry about those MIL errors popping up every couple of months and costing a couple hundred it time to make it go off.[/QUOTE

Hey Sam. Chris in Fort Myers. How are you marrying a Chevy engine to the isuzu trans? I'm interested in knowing.
    You can use a Fiero adapter but you would still need a way to control the 4L30E, I think he is changing transmissions too as the 4L30E wouldn't last long behind a V8. I plan on doing a similar swap down the line and I'm gonna use the Isuzu MUA5 manual from a 2.8/3.1 V6 truck
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

I'm not far away from you guys, I still think we should get a meet together. I've got an 01' Ebony that just joined our group here in town.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread