Page 91 of 197 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Hey guys! Hopefully it's not too much of a faux pas to post in here without a VehiCross in your possession, but I'm not sure where else to post.

No problem, we currently have at least 2 or 3 other members in the "trying to find one" mode .....

On a more pertinent note, I am very impressed with the spirit and attitude of the members here. Everyone seems helpful and friendly, and it feels almost like a team effort. Yupo!, we really are a friendly bunch. I think because many of us have actually met one another in person adds to that...... and the knowledge on this board is unbelievable!

Sorry about the wall of text, but I tend to be a little too verbose Have ya met me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post

You musta caught us on a good day...
    You should see us in Moab...bust out da straps all day, bust out da blender at night... "Yes, please"

Welcome to the addiction...
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

VX virgin...

Hello all!

Just purchased a '99 Ebony on Saturday. Did a bit of lurking last week, and you guys didn't manage to scare me off, so I bought one, and now I'm back for more...

She has 86k, and although I picked her up from a dealer, I think i got a pretty good deal. Engine seems sound so far. No leaks (monitoring oil levels carefully), no apparent transmission issues, TOD is functional (and handles steep gravel with ease), interior is in great shape, but...the cd changer is dead...no surprise there, and rear drivers-side speaker is blown (might need a tutorial on how not to damage the 11 yr old panels).

She's bone stock except for the Ranchos...not sure what to make of that, and haven't had the chance to dive into any of those threads yet, but judging by the cost of replacement OEM shocks, I think that might not be such a bad thing...

Like several other new members, I need a keyless remote, and some tips on how to program it without an original to go by. I'm also in need of some wheel cover toggles (3...or a clever alternative. I've been toying with some simple ideas that might work).

I've also started looking at the threads on rack mods, but it looks like I'm a little late for the OEM boat. I guess i'll just keep my eyes peeled for the next round (hopefully there is one).

I'm excited about my new baby and I can't wait to cut my teeth on some of these great how-to's.

See you around the forum!

PS...if anyone else is in the Southern Appalachian Mountains (I'm near Boone, NC) besides me and Brainwashed (who i just introduced myself to), chime in...I'd love to meet up sometime so you guys can put me to shame!

PPS...I'm not a mechanic by any stretch, but I'm a decent troubleshooter, and I'm eager to learn, so please bear with me if I ask some stoopid questions.

PPPS...dealer pics will be posted asap...
    Last edited by gyrus : 07/13/2010 at 07:35 PM
    ...gyrus...

oh, and how do you upload a nifty avatar like Kat and Ldub?
    ...gyrus...

Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    I've also started looking at the threads on rack mods, but it looks like I'm a little late for the OEM boat. I guess i'll just keep my eyes peeled for the next round (hopefully there is one).
    oh man, you noobes are killin' me dood! If you want, I can "work some of my magic" and see if I can find one....PM me.......and check out the thread I posted yesterday on the reconditioning and see how good these come out!

Hi gyrus, welcome!

You can upload a pic as avatar when you are silver status (contribute $20/yr), gets you extra space for pics too.

Many find the OEM shocks was too severe on the kidneys, and switched to after market....I switched to the Rancho 9 way adjustable, I'm happy with them. OEM are good too, just know you'll be getting a very stiff ride.

Keyless remote-
    available at several places....no longer available from Isuzu though. Ebay also often has them. Usually between $30-$50. I think one member (Marlin) just got one from a junkyard...so that's another possibility.

I have the CORRECT programming instructions (after getting 2 stupid, ridiculous versions! LOL) and can PM them when I dig them up. They're real easy, takes about 2 minutes max....and half of that is from having to practically stand on your head up under the driver's side foot well trying to push the green button...
    http://www.originalkeyless.com/1999-...8.qscstrfrnt02

https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/Is...S/1999/1000208

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all

Wherever you get one, make sure you're clear if you're getting an OEM ISUZU, or a generic one...sometimes it's hard to tell in the wording. Here's what the OEM one looks like. The top button does the doors/security, don't think anybody has ever gotten the 2nd button to do anything...
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/ikeyless-products/isu_005.jpg

My first 2 I bought were pretty banged up, but I finally got a "like new" one on ebay. The Amazon seller above says it's like new condition, if that's important

Knobs for back panel:
    A member who owns Street Boutique Customs (screen name SBC) fabricates metal replacement knobs, and, more importantly, also sells metal brackets to replace the plastic brackets that hold the door glass on the bottom. The clips often break, and this almost always fixes the "binding" windows problem most VXs have. Probably at least 50 of us have the SBC metal brackets installed. Both of his items are listed on this page:
    http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.html

Good to hear you're as enthusiastic as the rest of us nut jobs, er, um, I mean members are Enjoy!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanks Kat! No worries on the rack...but I'll check your thread. I'm still trying to decide what to spend money on first! ;o)

Thanks again for the links and info!
    ...gyrus...

Kat I honestly don't know how you have the time to write such detailed responses to questions that have been asked (and answered) so many times. I'm not against answering old questions again since the answers do change over time, but my advice to you new guys is to get acquainted with the search feature. It takes time to learn to use it effectively, but if you do you'll find a wealth of information (and pics) that will provide you with a more comprehensive answer to your question.

Welcome to the addition... er... forum!

Thanks VT... been on several smaller VBulletin forums for years, but you guys do have quite the wealth of information...10+ years worth! It takes a bit of time to filter.

I'm sure I'll be able to dig up what I need, but I do appreciate Kat's response! Makes a guy feel welcome.

See you on some old threads!
    ...gyrus...

Lightbulb new member

hey I'm Nate...first VX I have owned...it's a 1999 Ebony black...they are hard to find! and at the right price!...over 6-months...finally this one appeared 5 miles from my house...I am a Jeep guy and own a 1999 Jeep Wrangler sport that was my daily driver...but it is set up for class 5-6 trails in Moab and for sand duneing at the Oregon Dunes...plus occassional trips around Idaho, Oregon, Nevada to off-road...I love my VX!....like an SUV sports car! Natasha the Jeep is now covered in my RV parking waiting for her next trip off-road....

Natasha the Jeep was named after that Russian side-kick of Boris on the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon i watched as a kid...I was dating a blonde Russian at the time and no her name wasn't Natasha...I am still trying to think of a good name for my VX.

Hi i'm Sean, i am new member. I do not own a VX (yet!) but i thought i would join this site as a source of information and advice.
    I live in the UK, so i guess that these are rare vehicles to come across and would any would like to comment on parts and labour...... is it difficult to find parts and get worked carried out?

I am looking in to getting a VX in the new year, as i am currently due to go away on tour (Sunny Climate's) as i am in the forces.

I have seen a nice VX on ebay (Scotland) that i have noticed a few people have commented on.... what do you guy's think of it? item number is 220629122885, just type it in the search bar.

Thanks....looking forward to seeing what you guy's think.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by clark607 View Post
    Hi i'm Sean, i am new member. I do not own a VX (yet!) but i thought i would join this site as a source of information and advice.
    I live in the UK, so i guess that these are rare vehicles to come across and would any would like to comment on parts and labour...... is it difficult to find parts and get worked carried out?

I am looking in to getting a VX in the new year, as i am currently due to go away on tour (Sunny Climate's) as i am in the forces.

I have seen a nice VX on ebay (Scotland) that i have noticed a few people have commented on.... what do you guy's think of it? item number is 220629122885, just type it in the search bar.

Thanks....looking forward to seeing what you guy's think.
    Welcome to the forums...

I know the one you're thinking of, & think it could be made nice again...

With about half the stickers...

I never could figure out what "VX ross" was all about...

Good luck in your quest.

New to site

hey everyone im new to this ive had my VX for about 3 months now and looking for lots of parts im hoping i can find what im looking for and have any question answered here thanks look forward to talking to yous
    Codyman checking out!!

New to the club

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I have been a long time admirer of the greatness that is Vehicross. Finally I was able to pick up a silver 1999 model. I am in the Dallas area and look forward to getting together with the local contingent. Also just 1 question, the Vehicross I bought has several little issues I would like looked at. Who would be the foremost expert to work on them in this area? The check engine light is on, ABS light is on, Blows fuse for dash lights and tail lights the moment you put it in, windows on both sides messed up(I tried the lithium grease to no avail), and just want all the diff and tranny fluid and filters changed. Anyway look forward to meeting all of you and getting into the club.
    Thanks
    Brian

Hello everyone and thank you for providing this forum. A week ago we were looking for a third vehicle and came across this cool looking black thing. Test drove it and without knowing much about it, bought it. It is fun to drive and fun to learn about. I do have a question, I need to take it in for an emissions test but cannot find the connector. I know where it is supposed to be but it is not there, any hints to where it might have gone? Thank you in advance.

'99 Ebony Black Vehicross

DL, welcome to the family. You'll find that there are a bunch of helpful folks around here, a couple of crazies and one or two ornery cusses, but everyone means well.

Which plug are you looking for? If it is the OBDII port then that should be located under the dash down by the hood release on the left side of the steering wheel. You may have to squat down and look way under there because it's tucked up there pretty good.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless