Page 90 of 197 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

boy do i know how to kill a thread or what?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chas711usa View Post
    boy do i know how to kill a thread or what?
    I'll give it the "breath of life"...

W E L C O M E back my friend, to the show that never ends.

We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside...

We'll leave the light on for ya...

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I'll give it the "breath of life"...

W E L C O M E back my friend, to the show that never ends.

We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside...

We'll leave the light on for ya...
    Thanks Dub...now I got this sound track in my head with Tom Bodet singing with ELP...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Thanks Dub...now I got this sound track in my head with Tom Bodet singing with ELP...
    Always glad to help out a Bud...

I've seen the light

The one trouble I've had with my VX is the transmission/driveline clunk. After using low gears coming down a hill (or parking garage), I'll get a very hard 2-3 shift during normal driving. Park the car and the problem is gone in the morning. I know I've seen some threads here about similar issues.

Whats up guys. Just got a 01 Ironman a couple weeks ago. It's all stock but have a lot of mods planned. I will post all pics later when they are done. I do all my own work including welding. So if anybody needs help around the Brenham, TX area let me know. Got a shop and all the tools. Just started my first thread about adjustable rear coil spacers if anybody could help me with my first question.
    Chad

Welcome. Ironman, good choice

Did I meet you briefly in Moab at this year's EJS? I was in a 4-door rental Jeep at the time... I think yours is real close to the screen name I remember hearing...
    Quote Originally Posted by chas711usa View Post
    I thought I registered here when I bought my 01 and found this sight, years ago. Guess I don't spend that much time at the PC since I got a VX. Go figure.

I'm the original owner of an '01 Ironman, bout 67k miles now, and still love the car. It's taken me everywhere I wanted to go, and got me out of places I didn't. On road or off there's no other car I'd rather be in. The only mod it has is it's paid for.. years ago. Now I just out there getting my money's worth.

C.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Yes, I was passing through Moab on my way to Telluride. Then when I came here to post I realized I hadn't registered.

Miss the VX?

Hi, new at this.

Just bought a 99 vehicross and have lose windows. Turns out the regulator is fine and the windows are fine but the clips are busted. Anyone ever found some aftermarket clips, cause I can't seem to get any from Isuzu without buying the whole window.
    Or someone got some used windows with clips?

Help.

Derek

Newb to the VX...saw it at a job i was doing the owner was selling for 7100. , 3 months ago. I fell in love with it. (tired of cars). offered 3k. he needed the cash. so Ding. got it..it's a new experience for me..so trying to learn as much as i can about it. what worried me the most about buying it was, I read somewhere,,, the engines have a tendency to blow, for 1999's..But lurking here i have found no negitive responses..glad to read your topics...

my window clips look identical to honda's passport

just like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=180529221777

Quote Originally Posted by DerekScott View Post
    Hi, new at this.

Just bought a 99 vehicross and have lose windows. Turns out the regulator is fine and the windows are fine but the clips are busted. Anyone ever found some aftermarket clips, cause I can't seem to get any from Isuzu without buying the whole window.
    Or someone got some used windows with clips?

Help.

Derek
    Hi-
    Welcome to the VX madness! The windows binding and messing up are probably the most common problem with these trucks. The plastic clips that hold the glass upright break, just like yours apparently have. A former member (SBC) designed and fabricates metal replacement brackets that solve the problem of the tabs breaking, as well as solving the binding and jumping the track problem for many. He sold his VX last year, but he still sells the metal brackets. http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.html

I put together a post with numerous threads pertaining to the window problem, it'll give you background on the issue and how various owners have tried to fix it. Most believe the SBC brackets are the best solution. I'd bet he's sold 75 of these sets by now!

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...07&postcount=4

Enjoy your new ride!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hey guys! Hopefully it's not too much of a faux pas to post in here without a VehiCross in your possession, but I'm not sure where else to post. Essentially, I'm a 17 year old (going on 18 in 9 days) who has fallen head over heels in love with the VX. I'm already saving every penny I earn, selling my previous vehicle (a 1995 Wrangler), and even selling a large chunk of my possessions in order to realize my goal. The reason for my fervor for this one particular vehicle (which I'm sure you all share) is that in my eyes at least, it is a tremendous value for its price. I was looking to replace my YJ with something safer and more comfortable. I was looking at TJ Wranglers but was discouraged by the high price-tags. I remembered the VX and realized it fit the bill perfectly!
    On a more pertinent note, I am very impressed with the spirit and attitude of the members here. Everyone seems helpful and friendly, and it feels almost like a team effort. I'll probably be making a donation to the site later this month. Sorry about the wall of text, but I tend to be a little too verbose when introducing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Hey guys! Hopefully it's not too much of a faux pas to post in here without a VehiCross in your possession, but I'm not sure where else to post.
    No worries...happens alla time...

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    On a more pertinent note, I am very impressed with the spirit and attitude of the members here. Everyone seems helpful and friendly, and it feels almost like a team effort. I'll probably be making a donation to the site later this month. Sorry about the wall of text, but I tend to be a little too verbose when introducing myself.

You musta caught us on a good day...
    You should see us in Moab...bust out da straps all day, bust out da blender at night...

Welcome to the addiction...