Page 8 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Cool Best Birthday Ever...

Hi all, I just took delivery of my 2000 Black VX #0754 with 21000 miles. Replacing my '97 Jeep Wrangler 4cyl with 91000 miles.

This was actually purchased from a commercial Isuzu dealership where it was the boss' company car.

So far I love it. I have already picked up a playpen for it and just waiting for the roof rack to come in at the dealership.

Thumbs up Just bought a '99 Ironman VX Boston, MA

Hello Everyone ,

My name is Val , I live near Boston, MA. I just bought a 99 VX Ironman Edition 2 days ago. It has 15k miles on it. I loved it as soon as I test drove it , but I loved it even more when the snow storm hit and I was going 50 on the highway during the biggest storm in the last 10 years ( more than 2 feet of snow!!) while loughing at all the cars stuck and thrown off the highway. I've been trying to get my VX stuck in the piles of snow, but every time it just jumps over. Today my work is cancelled. I am taking my digital camera and going trail riding. This will be funn!!! I will post pics once I'm back in the eve.

Mean while I have some questions for people that might know the answers.

1. How many miles should I be able to go on a full tank? And what kind of gas should I fuel it up with??

2. Should I do a tune up? Even though the car has only 15k on it?

3. Should I change transmission oil?

4. Are there any other maintenance I should do from the start?

5. The rear seats are very comfy, but getting in is a problem cause space is so tiny even if I move forward the front seats.

6. What 's the max speed in 4-low ?

7. Is it a good idea to put in a performance air intake , if it is, what's the best one?

8. Do we ever have VX meets here in New England? If yes, when?

9. Is it a good idea to re-paint the plastic skirt (bumper) , if yes what kind of paint is the best to use???

I would appreciate if fellow VX owners could help me out . Now I got to go , have fun in the snow. I will post a message when the pics will be inn. Thanks, Val
    Ironman

Hey, just checking and chatting for my dad on the forum. he just picked up his 2001 VX about a month now with 11K and its come in very handy with all the snow up in NYC. Well I also help run another site with forums, www.importfanatix.com for anyone interested in the import scene.

Well glad to see the support for the VX and hopefully i can help eventually.

Cool Hello all !

Hi, My name is Trevor , I'm from Colorado Springs, Co.

First time I saw the VX was the concept model, in the movie “Mission to Mars”. I told my friend who worked at an Isuzu dealership, that’s what I wanted. He then told me I couldn’t get the convertible version like in the movie, but he had some on the lot. I drove down, and there it was, a yellow VX! I didn’t even test drive it, I know it was for me. I have loved it ever since. After the sale my friend bought himself a Silver VX

I found this web page cruising around for some “Mods” I have to say very nice site, and very nice people.

Thanks Tone, for the email showing me a Mod list, and the welcome to the club!

Trev

Geof here, but everyone calls me Doc.

What can I say, came from the land of Oz to work in Ft.Worth (well, actually, live in Ft.Worth, work in Bedford) and saw a yellow V-Cross at DFW when I got off the plane. This was in 2000, or maybe late 1999.

Knew I had to have one, but with a suitcase and $2,000 being all I had in the world, not bloody likely.

A year later, grabbed a Dec.2000 build dark green one with all options (err ... that would be roofracks and not a lot more B) for way under list, brand new on o.o9% finance.

It's great, want to grab me some Yokies (285/60 x 18) and a PV muffler, will debadge it real soon now ... and that's about it.

Coming from Oz, been a 4WD owner for years, used to have a Range Rover with a big block truck motor (300HP) and Camel Trophy gears, 2 1/2" drainpipe exhaust that would climb a vertical wall, but that was before the divorce. B/

Still love the red dirt and miss the outback, almost as much as I miss the ocean.

See you Texan V-Cross owners out there somewhere, maybe even somewhere other than Texas. B]

(I love Tombstone in Arizona just BTW)
    God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.

Talking Introducing Myself

I am an owner of a 2001 Dragon Mica Green VX. NEVER in a MILLION years did I think I would ever own one!! Saw it in the paper right before it was to be unmasked....saw the price on it too, and thought I would never own one.....but I figured just maybe in a few years. Well I didn't know they would only be in production for a few years. I actually forgot the name of it after a while. So last July I was looking to buy a new vehicle, and looking at things like the RAV4 etc......nothing was really ME....and I kept telling my husband, about this cool SUV by Isuzu........but I couldn't remember the name. I went to the Isuzu site and nothing!! After some searching I found it,,,then found the Isuzu site that tells you what dealers have what vehicles......then my search began!!! Found the color I wanted......2001 with only 36 miles on it! Brand new! Drove 5 hours to Marietta Georgia to get it! And it was SO worth it! LOVE IT!!! Still can not believe I own one! I still look at it in wonder every day!! lol I haven't done any mods to it yet, still happy with it the way it is.....not to mention, need cash. Like to do alot of research before I decide what to do to it anyway. Anyone else in the Hinesville, GA area that has one? I know there is one other guy on Fort Stewart that has one.....and go figure I didn't see him or his VX since I've been here, but the DAY I come back from buying my baby.......there he goes the other way HAHAHHA!!! Well at least it's black...and not green! lol

Stacey

Hi everyone. I'm the very proud owner of a '99 Ironman. I have been on Club Vmag for over a year and am just now joining this board. Looks great!

This is such a great site! I've owned my 99 Ebony VX since May 2002. I got it with 15,500 miles on it and I actually found it in our local newspaper. The interesting thing is that it was actually first for sale about 10 miles from my house when it's first owner bought it. I feel like I brought it home!

I had seen the VX in Consumer Reports and I wanted something that could get me thru New York winters. Well, this winter has been a great test. Christmas day, I went thru 1 1/2 feet of snow when most other people were quaking in their boots.

I love my VX!
    My VX-may it never die!

Talking Greetings All

I have been drooling over VXs since they came out. I am now in a serious effort to buy one. I am currently looking at a '99 Ironman with 59K on it. It's not my first choice, but I have to find one that I can finance. The dealer is asking $15,990. If I can't get it financed, however...

Anyway, I have been lurking here for a few months now, and the knowledge I have gained from this place will (hopefully) allow me to get exactly what I want, without paying too much for it.

If anyone has any input that can help me, I'm not too proud to take it.

Anyway, here's to me getting a VX, and joining a great club of owners!

Phil

I Want one!!!

Ahhh....it's so unfortunate to only be 17 years old. I work a steady part time job, but alas I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one of these beauties until I'm at least out of high school. How...melodramatic You all remember the drool you worked up every time you saw one until you had one for yourself. Well, I'll be in that pain a couple more years. SOMEONE has to tell me how i can find one affordably, and if so, how bad the insurance is gonna stab me

In da' house

Wayne here.

After a minor fender bender in my 87' Nissan Pulsar, I was faced with a decision - repair or buy new. You see, although the accident was minor in nature, I was, after all, in a Pulsar. She still ran for me, but I knew she couldn't keep it up for long...

Sensing the clock was ticking, I began to save my money, and kept an eye out for a possible new ride. Surfing the net and comparing vehicles I was actually leaning towards the Pontiac Aztec. Say what you will - it had a definitive style (like it or hate it) and was potentially affordable. Other SUV's were either too big or too small. Then the magic happened...

While viewing the Isuzu web site for information on an Amigo, my eyes fell upon our beloved Vehicross. I loved it. I needed it. I wanted it. The price tag, though, was disconcerting. Throwing caution to the wind, however, I decided to go for it.

That was a decision I have NEVER regretted. Despite having a long wait for my VX to be delivered - the dealer had difficulty finding the exact one I wanted (black or silver with the black and gray interior)- as well as some difficulties with my trade-in, I eventually took delivery of my VX. As a bonus, Isuzu was running interest free financing the month I decided to buy - the stars had truly aligned, this car was for me.

As any VX owner will attest, nothing beats the quizical looks and double takes generated by this sweet ride. It has been relatively problem free (minor cd player problem, currently a minor window problem) and an absolute joy.

Being an architect, it doesn't hurt to roll onto construction sites in this bad-boy as opposed to the Pulsar. First impressions always seem to go my way when I'm in my Ebony Black 2001 Vehicross.

Rock on VXer's...

Talking

Just got mine - A 2001 Kaiser with only 81 miles. Of course I still haven't been able to drive it yet because title and registration in PA requires everything but an organ donation, but I've waited this long and hopefully I can wait a little longer. Love this board!! Used it very much when I was researching my purchase.

Smile just got one!

Hello! Im Chris and i jut purchased a 1999 Silver VX with 31774 miles. All im doing now is anxiously awating delivery!

Chris
    1999 Silver VX

Cool New Hokie VXer from NC

Hey guys, been looking at this site for a while, just decided to join up. I am from Va but now living in Greenville, NC. My Nissan Sentra got stolen last September, I had it since college and wanted something with some power and style. I know very little about cars but when I saw the VX I had to have it. I tested drove one in Raleigh but the guy was a little unreasonable on the price so I ended up driving over 200 miles to pick up my Silver 99 VX (41, 300 miles). I LOVE THIS VEHICLE. I have taken it off road and it handles like a charm (in snow too). I always use BP 89 grade, get about 17 mpg on the highway and about 22 on the highway. Some of the small problems I have had are: Wet drivers side carpet (currently trying to fix this), my hood won't pop when I pull the lever, Cruise main indicator light stays on, when I slow down from 50 mph or greater I hear a strange friction noise, my passenger side window moves out of place on occassion, and recently my engine will not start of the first turn of the key (starts fine and then just cuts off this maybe happens about once a week now). I have called the Isuzu dealership here in Greenville, but they haven't even heard of the Vehicross so I am currently looking for somebody to service me.

I love driving this car, I have about a 25 minute ride to work and it makes the trip fun. I am 27/accountant and my girlfriend loves to drive it, and she really likes the leather seats. I wash the outside cadding about once a month with Armor All and it keeps it looking pretty dark.

I have two questions: Where do you guys get your axle and transfer case oil changed ? Are there any other things I should do at 15,000 miles? Please let me know if you have any insight to any of the above problems. my email is deldorado@yahoo.com

Glad to be a part of this board.
    Duncan Eldorado

This is Medic here. I just picked up a 2000 VX last Thursday, and have to admit, I'm very impressed so far. I traded in my '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I don't regret the decision at all. I'm a dyed in the wool Jeeper, so it was nice to see a similar devotion to the VX while I was researching it on the net. It made my decision to trade my Jeep in that much easier. I'm still a Jeeper at heart, and own an '85 CJ-7 that I've rebuilt from the ground up.
    The only mods I have planned so far are for the stereo system, and rear hatch remote opener. Other than that, I'll enjoy my new ride, and upgrade as desired.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved state, but to slide across the line broadside, thouroughly used up, worn out, shouting GERONIMO!