Page 88 of 197 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Welcome!! Check your PM's
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Howdy

Hey all.
    Just bought our (first) VX last week off ebay.
    Bone stock 1999 ebony with Black & Red interior.
    Love this vehicle.
    quick question...
    I live in Canada and exported the VX from the U.S. to bring it up here.
    Now the Canadian Government's Registrar of Imported Vehicles wants me to make some mods to the truck to make it street legal here.
    Primarily, I need to have daytime running lights and the speedo needs to have metric speeds on it somewhere.
    Has anyone seen or know of a way to do these mods or is there a post somewhere that I missed that might describe how to get these done?
    Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Ben
    1993 Trooper (gone but not forgotten - sniff), 1999 Vx, 2003 Yukon Denali - luv em' all.

Forum member "Kenny" is in Canada and I'm sure he could tell you how to get that all done. There's also a few other Canadians.... Hiredgoon, mikemol, mrtew, maxg765...and several more, maybe PM some of these owners and see if they can give you suggestions.

Hey which Ebony did you get off ebay, was trying to look it up and see whatcha got....but I can't find an ebony sold in the past few weeks on ebay...just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by ben-man View Post
    Hey all.
    Just bought our (first) VX last week off ebay.
    Bone stock 1999 ebony with Black & Red interior.
    Love this vehicle.
    quick question...
    I live in Canada and exported the VX from the U.S. to bring it up here.
    Now the Canadian Government's Registrar of Imported Vehicles wants me to make some mods to the truck to make it street legal here.
    Primarily, I need to have daytime running lights and the speedo needs to have metric speeds on it somewhere.
    Has anyone seen or know of a way to do these mods or is there a post somewhere that I missed that might describe how to get these done?
    Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Ben
    Last edited by VX KAT : 06/07/2010 at 08:46 AM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post

Hey which Ebony did you get off ebay, was trying to look it up and see whatcha got....but I can't find an ebony sold in the past few weeks on ebay...just curious...

Thanks for the contacts Kat...

I bought the one in Poquoson, Virginia. Item # 330428884204.
    Check it out, let me know what you think. It's not mint, but darned close.

Ben
    1993 Trooper (gone but not forgotten - sniff), 1999 Vx, 2003 Yukon Denali - luv em' all.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    I remember that one...it is very nice.

We were all wondering what the covered toggle switch was for?
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    I remember that one...it is very nice.

We were all wondering what the covered toggle switch was for?

Yeah... I just contacted the previous owner about that today...
    My 15-year-old asked what it was for and I told him it was for the Nitrous system... seems the previous owner's husband used to tell her the same thing.
    I haven't figured it out yet, I'm guessing it was used for fog lights or something that was later removed and they forgot to take out the switch...

Quote Originally Posted by ben-man View Post
    Thanks for the contacts Kat...

I bought the one in Poquoson, Virginia. Item # 330428884204.
    Check it out, let me know what you think. It's not mint, but darned close.

Ben
    Oh yeah, I remember that one. I talked to him and tried to buy the roof rack. Talked for over and hour, asking me a million questions about the VX and various issues.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...73&postcount=4

He told me he worked for the military and traveled a lot all over the Middle East....so maybe you guys were right about that toggle switch!!

It really sounded like he took good care of it and it was in good condition. Excellent for you!

Kat
    VX KAT
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hey all,
    I have had my Astral Silver 99' vin #0180 for about 4 years now. I am in the Army and out of those 4 years i have been deployed for 2 of them. I Just replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor, ABS speed sensor, cleaned the EGR, replaced the intake manifold gaskets, replaced the flex-pipe, muffler, 4 new Cooper Discoverer h/t. I Love this thing. Some of the things i need/ plan to do are:
    1. The hood release cable froze and now i have it rigged so it is coming out of the hood in order for me to be able to pop the hood.
    2. Cladding needs some loving, but i cant decide if i should use Back2Black or Forever Black
    3. Need to buff the headlights
    4. Going to install a sunroof (would love to do T-Tops but the wife says ewwwww)

Anyway after reading this forum for the passed 2 years or so i have read a lot of cool stuff related to this site. Glad to be a part of it finally.

Greetings!

Hey gang. New guy here. Bought my VX back in 2000 or thereabouts... it's a '99 in silver. She's in pretty good shape bodywise, but about 3 years ago something went a little wrong under the hood. Thrown rod maybe. Anyway, needed more money to fix than I had at the time. So she stayed garaged ever since, until... yesterday. Took her over to a local tuning place where they can take their time with her without any pressure. Figured while they're in there, might as well do it right.

Anyway, just came here for some ideas and WOW did I get more than I bargained for. I spent the last hour or so just looking at roof racks. (I'm the proud owner of an OEM Wing Bar setup, and I have the ski rack - need to do bikes next.)

So yeah, that's pretty much it for now. I don't have any recent adventures with the ol' girl, as she's been in stir for 3 years. But I gotta admit, I can't friggin' wait to get her back now that she's gone.

I'm not going to do much off-road with her, so I'm open to all kinds of performance tuning tips if anyone has some.

Cheers to all my fellow VXers, oh ye of peculiar taste in vehicles!

Ciao from NY,
    -V

hi im chris from connecicut .i don't own isuzu but i came here from google .i am in charge of 3 dealerships that closed in connecicut .i have tools and tons of suzuki parts and some lost new isuzu tools and parts...im also a cber with ton of knowledge for setup and tunning also i love to sell stuff lol.i hate ebay im willing to work deal with my stuff and because i got such good deals i will pass them to interested people ..if you need anything pm me anything i sell i will donate 5.00-10.00 to this site im bout to make donation now to prove im real pm me if any questions or need..thank you ....chris

Hello from Phoenix!

We just replaced a '00 Rodeo with a '00 Proton Yellow VX that has some mild front damage.
    Feels a little like going bass-ackwards, but these VXs are just TOO fun! Really lookin' forward to enjoying our new Urban Assault Vehicle... should be all good in just a couple days.
    I was an autobody & paint tech for over 22 years, but my spine gave up on me. I had major lower back AND neck surgery, so I move a little slower now... (I just might have as much cobalt steel & titanium in my back as the VX has)

Previous owner tried re-gluing the weatherstrip around the headlights and did an extremely bad job of it...
    Does anyone know if that is a part that I can get new, from Isuzu? I don't think I can get all the glue & silicone off of these to reuse.
    Once she is back in one piece, I'll try to get a pic or two posted.

ok so i guess i've been posting on here about a week now. i've been a member on here for a few years.
    anyways! my name is dave and i've got a 99 astral silver vx. i've had it since 02. ever since then i've been in love with her. i live in boone north carolina. at the moment i've got a few problems with it. but they are the first actual engine problems i've ever had with her except some brake and starter hiccups.
    one of the things what i've always wondered and i'm always asked is, why were they only made for 3 years? i wasn't sure if it was a limited thing or what. that would be pretty cool to know if anyone has the answer.

a funny story.
    i was at a gas station in johnson city, tennessee probably a year ago. i was getting gas and i was inside paying when i saw another silver vx turning the corner. i'm guessing they saw mine at the gas pump and turned into the gas station. i was walking out and they drive by my baby very slowly and then drove off.
    i also was at the tampa mall back in 03 or 04 and in the parking lot was another silver vx. luckily the parking spot right next to it was open so we pulled in next to it. i thought it might be funny when the own of that vx came out and might get confused. unfortunately i couldn't stay to see their reaction.
    to this day i am still asked what it is. pretty much every daysomeone says something about it to me. it never gets old haha.

new in the vx world

whats up peoples im curently waitn on monday cause monday at noon i become a new owner of a 2000 vx with a 3" lift. pretty excited about it and as soon as i get it ill post some pics up and more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna X View Post
    Hello from Phoenix!

We just replaced a '00 Rodeo with a '00 Proton Yellow VX that has some mild front damage.
    Feels a little like going bass-ackwards, but these VXs are just TOO fun! Really lookin' forward to enjoying our new Urban Assault Vehicle... should be all good in just a couple days.
    I was an autobody & paint tech for over 22 years, but my spine gave up on me. I had major lower back AND neck surgery, so I move a little slower now... (I just might have as much cobalt steel & titanium in my back as the VX has)

Previous owner tried re-gluing the weatherstrip around the headlights and did an extremely bad job of it...
    Does anyone know if that is a part that I can get new, from Isuzu? I don't think I can get all the glue & silicone off of these to reuse.
    Once she is back in one piece, I'll try to get a pic or two posted.
    Welcome Luna, vendetta, brainwashed & Goose & other new members-
    Luna-I'm just up the hill from you near Prescott! Great to have another PHX area VX...there's about 6 I think.

I think new rubber gaskets for the headlights are still available as another member mentioned he just bought some about 2-3 months ago from Merlin.

We have a great parts contact guy name "Merlin", at St. Charles Isuzu in Missouri.
    1-800-727-8066
    http://isuzu.stcharlesauto.com/Department-Parts.aspx
    Make sure you ask for Merlin - he's helped out a lot of us.
    Mention this forum and get free shipping...
    VX KAT

VX Kat,

Thanks for the number for Merlin... I was able to order those gaskets and a front marker cover. The rebuild has officially begun!!!

My wife and I love to escape the heat down here and stay up at Hotel St Michael. Once our VX is ready for a roadtrip, that just may be where we need to go.

We'll let you know when and we can get another N.AZ. mini meet goin'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]