Page 7 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Thumbs up Happy Holidays

A NYC VX lover dropping in...

How's it going? Just stumbled upon this site - pretty cool - wanted to intoduce ourselves...

"What kind of car could ever compare to or replace my old Jag" I thought...I'll have to buy another one...nothing else could compare...but then it happened...saw a VX & fell in love with it @ the 2001 car show, in Jacob Javitts Center in NY. Tried to buy it on the spot...denied...went to the dealer but couldn't get approved, they tried to get me to put 10K down...so I went to another dealer & purchased outright. (rar)

18 months & 20K miles later, I've had no problems & nothing but fun with Victoria my VX...we were playing in the snow on XMAS, 4x4'ing around, and unintentionally pissing off the other cards which were slippin n sliding.

Have fun with yours...and for all the new owners...a word of caution...beware of the pointers, they're out there...

Sandra
    Last edited by SNK : 12/29/2002 at 12:04 PM
    SNK

Hello

Hello,

My name is John Spears. I'm the proud owner of a '99 Silver VX with 26K miles. I haven't yet been able to drive it but my Brother in Law did before I purchased it. I'm told is is cherry. I'll fly to pick it up the 18th of January and will drive it 1,000 miles home. Can't wait.

I'm a long time Izuzu enthusiast and have owned four different Troopers. I currently drive a '93 3.2L SOCH auto that has 180K. I'm the original owner and hope that the VX holds up as well as this trooper has.

I look forward to contributing what I can to the board. Owning four troopers and being a hand ons type of guy, I have gotten quite a bit of grease under my nails over the years. And I usually don't have too many bolts/nuts left over.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself and happy new year and VXing.

John
    John
    99 Silver VX

Hi - As the site states I am a noobee - I have just got my VX it's a 99 3.2L V6 European - I think - I have only had the VX a couple of days - but already I love it, wife hates it - not for the family. Need a few spare parts for it - which I am having a bit of trouble locating as I live in the UK - and all the dealers here - won't or cannot help. - I will keep you posted on my new affair with my VX. I will appologise now for any stupid questions I may ask in the future.

Anton

VX addiction

I first noticed the VX in 98 while working/surfing the net for an Insurance company here in town. At the time I was too poor to purchace 'The coolest and toughest off road/on road compact SUV ever made.' I quit my Insurance job sold my Honda CRX and headed out on my bike for some adventure. When I returned, it was my manifest dentiny to find the VX I had drempt of in years past. After a year of searching, I found one w/ 7000 miles! I had to get it. It only set me back 16,800- it's worth every penny. I've had it off roading...it's better than my buddies Wrangler...and I paid 4,000 less!

I am very new to the Vehicross family. I saw my 1st one maybe a year ago and loved it but I had no idea what kind of vehicle it was. Then I saw another a few months ago and noticed the make (Isuzu). So I went to the Isuzu website and they didn't have it there. I started going crazy not knowing what kind of vehicle this was becuase I wanted to have one so bad. Finally I found out it was a vehicross doing searchs online. I tried finding one for sale with no luck. I read that there were only around 4000 of them in the states and started giving up on it. Then just browsing on ebay I feel in love. I've only had mine for a few days now but I can tell this is going to be my baby for a long time.

Scott

My Belated Introduction

I don't remember exactly when or where I first saw a VX, but I do remember it was a magazine.

It was before it ever came out in the US -- so I'm thinking like 1997 or so -- and I'm pretty sure I was in an airport book shop SOMEWHERE.

What I do remember is thinking WOW that is TOO cool!

And from that point on I was hooked. It wasn't one of those everyday obssessions, but every so often I'd see the commercial, or it would just pop into my head and I'd think "Yeah...someday."

Well, someday for me finally came in November of 2001. My wife and I had settled into our new house and my old car (a Dodge Neon which I drove right into the ground, and bless it's heart it never gave me a stitch of trouble) was showing signs of perhaps giving way, so I was able to convince the wife that I NEEDED a new car.

After a heck of a search, I finally found it -- 2000 Dragon Green, 8900 miles -- the price was right. In Torrington, Connecticut.

And me...two states away in New Jersey.

No worries....I negotiated over the phone, struck a deal and after working the 12:30am to 8:30 am shift, I hit the road to get my new baby.

The only problem -- I get up to the dealership and they try to jack up the price on me. Uh uh. The lack of sleep worked for me there -- I got good and surly and got the price I wanted and the car of my dreams.

So now, over a year later, the Beast still wows me every time I see him. He still wows a lot of people on the streets too!

And another thing that wows me -- that so many great people can be brought together by a great truck!

Rob
    - - - - - - -
    Rob Hawley
    Proud Papa of a 2000 Green Dragon #0720
    rlhawley@comcast.net

Talking Hola!

Hey there,

Some of you may recognize me from the old board. Figured I'd come out of the woodwork and see how everyone is doing?

For those of you who don't know me.. I'm JAG! from McAllen, TX (real deep south Texas)... Have had my VX since Oct. 2000 -- it's about nearing 15K, and except for some minor annoyances here and there (the notorious window binding), all has been well.

Anyhow, just thought I'd check in and see what's up.

Thanks WSG for the email and the VXINFO link.

-=JAG!

Angry Sorry

Hey, umm look im really sorry about this everyone, im a phony...I dont have a V-X...I'm 20..and own an Altima, but i've been in love with this car since i first saw in on the lot, almost 4 and a half years ago..You have to understand, everyday for the past 3 years i pass by this. I saw them come and go..White, Grey, Iron-Man edition..Then yellow..When i finally decided to get one, saved up enough money to put a down payment, they got rid of my BABY!!!! I hope you guys could find a way to forgive this. You mustn't know how hard it is to see other people drive around town in a YOUR car, that should've been mine... ANyone out there that knows a dealer ship in the Miami, Ft' Lauderdale,Palm Beach area that has one for sale, help me out....Please..and Thank you

Thumbs up My VX Story.....

I first saw one in 99 sometime in Pensacola, FL out and about, well I told my wife about it and
    that night we were at the dealer checking one out, well it was more than we could afford so...
    we dreamed and looked at them on and off for over 2 years. Well finally I was looking on
    Autotrader and found a 2001 DRAGON GREEN, with 8k on it for $19,500. I called and talked to
    the guy and he sent me some pics and gave me the history, one week later.....IM INTRODUCING
    MYSELF as the proud new owner of that DRAGON!
    Im Tom from Pensacola, FL...I work and am into My Dog Roman Mr. Monster. He is a Neapolitan
    Mastiff, and will be a year old on Tuesday. He is 130lbs of love and protection;pg; so thats my
    story.
    take care
    Tom

Hi Everybody

Hi everybody I just signed on I am in thr process of locating a Dragon Green VX seem rather hard to locate. most are white, silver or black . Found two today will check out on Tue.just wanted to say HI FRED from Lousville OH.

HI Everybody I am Fred from Louisville, Oh. As of yet I do not own a VX, always thought they were Hott Am in the process of looking for a DRAGON GREEN one seems most are black, silver or white . I have only seen one green one ever. Just found two today , going to check on them on tue. Seems everbody here really likes them and enjoy owning one or two.!! Good to be here talk to you later. Fred

>>> Merged two posts...wsg
    Last edited by Moncha : 01/19/2003 at 10:03 PM
    YOU CANT PUT A PRICE ON FUN !!

Hi Everybody !

Hi Everybody : I am Fred from Louisville Oh. As of yet I do not own a VX . In the process of trying to find a Dragon GREEN one . Have always wanted one since 99 . Seems everbody here loves the one or they own. Have located three so far two in VA they are NEW never titled, one in NCwith 9k . seems green one are harder to find! Thanks for all the good advice on this site it has been helpful in making the decistion to seek out a VX. Fred
    YOU CANT PUT A PRICE ON FUN !!

Glad to be here...

My Name is Dave and I am the proud owner of a 1999 Ebony Black VX. She has everything offered, roof rack, rear mat and so on. Besides dropping in a K&N air filter I havent done any mods. In the next month or so I would like to up my stereo and possibly s/c. I am based in NY but am in my senior year of college at Purdue University. My VX is no longer under bumper to bumper which means shes eally growing up. Glad to be part of this site. Feel free to IM or PM me.

Hello, My name is James and I live in Titusville,FL. I go by the member name Machine on the Club.Vmag board. The first time that I had seen a VX was in '99. I almost ran off of the road looking back at it as I passed. It was a Kaiser Silver VX and I knew that I would have to have one. I had gone back later to check on it and it was gone. I didn't even know what it was! I found an Ironman edition later on. It was sitting on a showroom floor and when I asked about it, they told me that it was already sold. I felt like I was running out of luck when it come to having one of my own. Fortunatlely, I was able to order a 2001 Ironman VX from a dealership that was right down the road from me. I have never been more happy with a vehicle. It is my "precious"!
    Arachnid J
    Titusville,FL
    '01 Ironman VX

Hi my name is jim walker i first saw the vx in 98 on the tv and thought it was great took me till nov 99 to get silver one paid 26900. has been great so far just a little while back started lookin for another truck and my first thought was a second one for myself and one for the better half.jump online at carmax and found 2001 proton yellow with 11406 miles in VA i drove down on friday the 24 of this year and bought it. It was great drivin both of thaem home the looks and waves were to kool.I live in a small town of about 25,000 south of buffalo, ny we now have 3 vxs in are small little town.

Whats Gooood??

Hi my name is David and I'm from Brookyln, NY. I just got accepted to FordhAM uNIVERSITY as an early decision applicant!! Yeh I'm happy Well the first time I saw the Vx was actually last year around this time in Manhattan. I fliped out the first time I saw it and told my dad about it. We saw it again in the city and he really liked it. He was tired of me driving his Lincoln Navigator around so he decided to buy me the Vx. Yeh I know I'm a lucky son of a b*tch. We went all the way to Maryland to pick it up after I saw a new 2001 Kaiser Silver for a great price on the internet. Its such a hot ride. I get looks like no other. I basically kept it stock but I got the windows tinted silver and black and debaged it. I got it new July of 2001 and now I have around 9k miles on it. Aright Im enjoying my Vx and I Know you all are too! Catch you guys later...Peace