Page 6 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I've been a member on the VX board since I bought my '01 back in April '01... in fact, surfing the board helped convince me to take the plunge! It was a very busy summer this year, and I just now finally got around to signing up for this board. Great job to everyone who got it up and running!

Mark
    2001 Proton #442

Talking My first vehi cross

Hello I am new hear. My name is Jeff and I am getting my first vehi cross from Iowa,, delivered this friday to Michigan. It is a 99 like new with 27000 miles on it.I have heard nothing but good things about them. I wanted a unique vehicle that wouldn't kill my wallet. I got it for 17,500 so I think that was fair. I will let you all now how I like it . I actually haven't driven one yet I purchased this with only seeing pics from the dealer.

Jeff

tap tap tap... is this thing on?

Hello!
    I'm VERY new here, just found the site last night, and I think it's great! I just purchased a '99 Black about a week ago. I LOVE IT!
    I have a lot of questions, and look forward to meeting you all!
    Please feel free to e-mail me as I get to know everyone!
    Thanks for being here!
    Matt

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2001 kaiser . I had a brand new Dodge Dakota ext. cab And my sister told me o f a friend of ours that worked at the dealership. I had noticed the Vx out there for some time and told her I would be over to take it out for a drive. I couldn't afford the price but they told me to take it home and drive it and they would work on the price. About six days later and trying to take it back three times. They came down to what I wanted. They just wouldn't take it back. So i got the truck at a price I was willing to pay. Good thing I love it . Except for the gas mileage. 15 and 13 mpg. There isn't to many in Arkansas I understand . Does anyone know how many they made in 2001 U.S.?? good chating with you all.

Talking

Hi from Pittsburgh! My first encounter with a VX was back in '99. I was driving past an Izusu dealer and caught a glimpse of a Proton Yellow. I was floored!! I "ran" into the showroom and began drooling. To my utter dismay the salesman informed me that the vehicle was already sold and was not expecting another anytime soon . Three years later I finally purchased an Astral Silver.
    I've had it several months and the novelty has definitely not worn off

Wink New Owner with Traction Problems

Hi there;
    I just bought a 99 VX today. On driving it home, I got stuck in a 2" snow storm. My wife had no problem in her 93 pathfinder. Only thing I can figure is that the rear tires (Bridgestone’s) were worn below spec (but the front tires were good.) To say the least, I was disappointed in the traction control. It was working because when I got home, I asked my wife to watch the wheels in the snow-covered driveway and she mentioned that the front wheels were indeed spinning.

I hope that it is the tires - i can't believe the VX is really this bad in the traction department. Does anyone know of any way to lock in the TOD 4-wheel drive for those slippery occasions? (Just got the car and started reading the manual today, so I AM a novice!)

Also, can anyone recommend a decent tire. I don't plan to do any off-roading but I need something to get through the snow & ice of New England winters.

Cool Welcome to the club

I 1st saw the VX in 99 when a friend was looking to by a new car. We were working near an ISUZU dealer in SEEKONK, MASS.
    As we were going by I saw the 2nd love of my life besides the wife So we went in and asked about it. Since he was only 18 they treated him like a kid so then I asked about it they gave me the keys and off we went. We got back gave it up and went on our way. But the VX was still on my mind. I was driving a 94 ISUZU AMIGO that I just loved. customizied the interior to match the VX red/balck leather seat with embroidery that said ISUZU carbon fiber dash kit I mean the works but it was no VX.
    Well last December I was in an accident with a Toyota pick-up with a plow. He had been speeding and lost control hitting a dodge daytona and my little AMIGO. That was all she wrote even after getting it fixed it just didin't feel the same. I still drove but the love was gone. I decide to start looking for something new.
    After talking to my wife I decide that the only vehicle I was willing to trade my AMIGO for was a CHEVY AVALANCE cuz it was different for everything else. I totally forgot about the VX. Then the day I decide to buy the Avalance my wife calls me like a crazy woman and tells me to check my e-mail. I ask her why and she says you'll see. So I did I couldn't beleive it a 1999 ISUZU VehiCross in silver with only 4669 miles on for $18650. I couldn't beleive that so I called up the mitsubishi dealer to ask if they had misprinted the AD on it. The sales guy said nope. I said ok and went over to check it out. I was true. I asked how they got it?
    He told me that a 25 yr old kid only drove it to get away on the weekends so he traded it in for a montero limited.
    So I told the guy to start the paper work. He said so do you want to go for a test drive? I said nope. he said how much of a down payment we I be making I said whatever you give me for my AMIGO he told me how much do I want I said nothing less than $6500 but alot of the custom audio/video comes out and the rims come off he said he had to run it by his manger. They checked it out and said ok. He comes back with a payment plan and I laughed He said that it was the only way. I told him I'll be back went to the bank withdrew the differance and went back. I asked if they would pick up the TAX, TITLE and I would be transfring my plates he checked and said sure so I pulled out the cash and he almost dropped dead of shock. since they aggreed to pick up the differance they changed the plates and I was off. Haven't look back since. But i still wonder every now and then what ever happened to my LITTLE AMIGO.
    Last edited by TDAWG : 12/18/2002 at 01:21 PM

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

Wink We've had our eye on this for a few years

after we saw our first VehiCROSS in Portsmouth, NH - yellow, of course. Well, having learned some time ago that there isn't anyting in life we have to have, we moved on, until about one month ago. My wife is a residential appraiser in the Inland Northwest, and needed a vehicle capable of off-roading. She was driving a Chevy Suburban 7.4L - nice, but not up to the task.
    So, having seen the VCROSS in our neighborhood delaler, it caught our eye. We test drove, read, compared, and she loves it . Any recommendations for snow tires tires wheels? How about synchronizing the remote door lock with the auto garage door code?

Thanks.
    Chris.

Cool HI EVERYONE... I AM NEW HERE

HI... I AM NEW TO THIS SITE. I AM FROM BALTIMORE MD. I AM LOOKING FOR THER MEMBERS NEAR ME. PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOUR CLOSE. BYE 4 NOW

You can use the Advanced Search and search by the city of state of your choosing or any of the other parameters given to find like interests. (Hint use the full name or 2 letter abreviation since some use either)
    Scott / moncha.com

WELCOME to the club"BAILUOUT24/7"

Or should I say Family.arty: :biggroup:
    Last edited by TDAWG : 12/16/2002 at 09:49 AM

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

Hello Everyone

Well I'm new here and finally I can get info I can't find anywhere else regarding the vehicross. This site is great I hope to meet some Vehicross owners. I have had my V-cross for a year now and I love it. If there is anyone who can help me get some accesories I would really appriciate it.

Thank You

Talking New VX Owner!

Hello VX ers,

As of this evening (12/21/02) something virtually cosmic has happened, besides the Winter Solstice. I've become the proud owner of a Black 2000 VehiCross in Atlanta, GA.

My first encounter with a VX was upon a rear-view approach of a black VX a little over a year ago while traveling northbound on Moreland Avenue just south of I-20 near my intown neighborhood of East Atlanta. (Yep, I even remember the very spot where we first made eye contact). I recall trying to spped-up in my 1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE, to get a better view. I never managed to even catch-up.

Fast forward; just this past election day, as I was heading to the polls in my voting precinct, on a dreary wash-out-of-a-day, I parked behind a snazzy yellow VX sporting a high-hat car-top rack and fog-lamps. After a year of oggling and debating a Jeep Wrangler as my next car, I was instantly smitten with curiosity about this odd-ball motor vehicle that seemed almost embracable. On election night, instead of watching returns, I was busy at my PC hunting for this elusive predatory-looking creature.

Of course Isuzu's own website was not leading me in the right direction. Then, after much surfing, I found VehiCross.info!

A day later, the weather had cleared and I was sitting with a friend on the patio of a pizza parlor in another nearby intown neighborhood: Candler Park. As we sit down, a silver VX drives by and I shout, "There's another one!".

Unable to find a VX for sale in Atlanta, I quickly turned to Carmax. (I've done business helping site Carmax stores before, but never traded with them). They had three!! One in Miami, one in Maryland, and one 2-hours up the road in Greenville, South Carolina.

Of course I'm pretty wet behind the ears, but I think the time invested in looking for, researching, and hauling myself up to Greenville, will pay off in the satisfaction and enjoyment I think me and the new arrival will be having.

Oh yeah! Thanks to Dyanni for information and encouragement that made this decision between my heart and my head much more agreeable.

Talking New to the "Bells & Whistles" Board

Wow, this board is shiny! Anyway, been posting over at VMag and finally thought to show my nose here. Got a '01 Dragon Green cruising the streets and trails of sunny central Florida and here's my story:

Back in '98 I was on my second Trooper, a '95 Limited, and saw the infamous rocket-car ad on TV and thought that was the coolest most brazen thing Isuzu had pulled since the Impulse. Called around the next day and found that the Orlando dealer had a silver and an Iron Man. I went that weekend and drove the whitey and loved it. Just couldn't swing the $$$ and didn't really want to part with the Trooper. Well, time goes by and the Trooper turns into an '01 F-250 SuperDuty which then turns into a '93 Trooper RS since I couldn't find a decent '89 RS. While cruising some Trooper forums recently I catch wind that the VX is being discontinued. Surprised, I look for more info and stumble on the Isuzu dealer site and find the list of remaining new units, all either red or green. Proton would've been nice, but that Dragon Green really works for me. Well, after a few calls I end up flying to Chicago to pick my baby up from the M'Lady folk and drove her right back to Florida over the weekend with a stop in Atlanta to show off to friends. She just purred all the way home just like an Isuzu should. The only mod I've done so far is the 18W bulb change in the running lights, but I'm compiling a list thanks to all the wonderful folk here and on VMag.

really happy to be in the loop

Hello VX enthusiasts-
    I can't tell you how happy I am to find this forum. I can see some people have really taken the vx deal to the next level. I applaud you and am totally inspired to continue the evolution of my vx beyond where I already have it. Great to see the appreciation of truly a great car, and even better knowing I have one to appreciate.

Happy Holidays
    xdfarrx
    face the mirror