Page 53 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by PittVXr View Post
    Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself here. I picked up my 1999 Silver Vehicross last weekend. It was totally worth the two hour drive to Ohio in the rain. I can't believe how many people have complimented me on my "new" truck! The look on their faces when I tell them it's ten years old is priceless.

Well time to start saving up some $$$ so I can get to modding it this spring. It looks like this is going to be an addiction!
    PittVXr Welcome to the boards. Don't let my handle fool you. I am running around the South Park area, though the VX stays in the garage mostly these days. You will LOVE driving the truck.
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

Hey All Ive Had my Vx since Oct. 2008 found it in Nashville, TN, Im from Sothern IL, got alot of plans for it just havent got started yet. Its 99 Ironman White. I love it cant wait to buy another. Thiers only 2 in my town.

And forgot first spotted one on Myspace, took 6 months to find out what it was, lol, and six month to find one for sale close to where I live.

Welcome.. We are a salty bunch but good hearted, good fine on the ironman,

Well Thank Ya!!! Im hoping it s a good fine im having problems with the dims shorting out and windows out of track, and passenger boot being ripped, but all that is almost solved new axle and headlight, now its tackling new paint job and new rims and tires.

welcome.. there is a window fix thread that is awesome, the search function works well..sometimes you have to get creative in what you search for.. there is alot of info here for things you might be dealing with..

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...ght=window+fix

again.. welcome
    Jeff

Thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyG View Post
    Hey All Ive Had my Vx since Oct. 2008 found it in Nashville, TN, Im from Sothern IL, got alot of plans for it just havent got started yet. Its 99 Ironman White. I love it cant wait to buy another. Thiers only 2 in my town.
    Welcome AshleyG.. You live in Herrin Illinois now? If so my sister owns the Quiznos in Carterville.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

welcome ashley! glad to have some more ladies on the forum!

Hello all,
    well, I finally took the plunge. I just acquired a 99 VX. I have loved these vehicles since I saw my first one in 99. However, we had just bought a Mitsubishi Montero Sport in 98, and my wife refused to get "upside down" in loans to get one.
    I always let her pick the new vehicle, and I get the hand-me-down. She got a new Mini-Cooper S, and the Montero now has 167K on it, and she said I should get something used, but newer. I jumped on that! So as of today, I now have an Ironman White 99.
    I didn't realize these things were so capable off-road. I just liked the looks, design, and innovation in it. Don't know if mine will get off-road too much. Who knows?
    First money spent will be knocking off the rough edges and cleaning her up. It's in remarkably good shape though.
    I intend to pull a light trailer with my Ninja on it occasionally. The bike is only 414 lbs. I noticed the owner's manual said not to pull a trailer. Surely the VX is hardy enough to pull that! I pulled it behind my Montero, only a 175 HP 3 liter V6 in it.
    Does anyone have any experience pulling a light trailer, and will it do so OK? I reckon the VX will look stylin' pulling up to the racetrack with my Ninja behind it!
    My wife has already threatened to "steal" my VX from me every now and then. I have a feeling she will enjoy it when we trailer my Ninja up to Arkansas. She always complained about driving the Montero around in the mountains while I was off riding. I think the VX will be infinitely more fun for her.
    Glad to see a great forum community for such a great vehicle. Thanks for any input.
    Robert

welcome to the forum robert!

i know you'll be enjoying your vx for years to come!

~jody

Hey Robert,

I've towed in excess of 5K lbs with the VX - except for a bit of scary braking, the VX did fine.

You shouldn't have any problems towing your bike.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Hello people! as you can see I am a newbie at vehicross.info. I am glad I found this forum. Well... I've always had some interest in the Vehicross ever since I saw one back in 2000. I felt they were very unique looking, but never had the chance to sit in one. I best friend liked them alot and he always used to talk to me about how nice it would be to own one. I am more of a sport's car king of guy, and always have owned unique high performance sport's cars and sport sedans. Recently I moved from Miami Fl to Boston Ma. and because of the winter here, I started to look for a nice SUV. A few months ago on my way to my house I saw a Black Vehicross at a local dealer. I kept telling my-self I had to stop someday to take a look at it and actually sit in it, but I kept postponing it. Finally about 3 weeks ago I went to see it...test drove it...and loved it. It felt like an SUV but at the same time been inside on those Recaro seats it just made me feel like I was in a sport's car. I am proud to say that now I am the owner of a 2001 Vehicross ebony black with black/red int. Turns out this beautyful machine was previously owned by a older lady (5? years old) for about 7 years. I contacted her and found out she always kept it serviced religiously. Now I am so into the Vehicross and this is the perfect place to learn more about it. Now I really am looking forward to the snow!!!

Welcome newbies - you're gonna love the addiction.

AshleyG - Love your handle - it's the same that my daughter uses.

Doomer - Tow away. I tow a twin pack of SeaDoos or a SeaDoo Sportster quite a bit & both setups tow well. Remember the power switch is your friend. It changes the shift points on the tranny to something much better suited to towing.

dmdvzla - The VX handles nothing like a sportscar but it's so freakin fun to drive that you'll soon forget all about that ol' addiction in favor of the new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks Jody, John & Tom. Also welcome to fellow newbie DMDVZLA. Another thanks to IndianaVX...my VX has the "glazed" headlights (no, not my eyes after seeing the VX). I intend to set to polishing them up this week with the tip posted here.
    I have the feeling this will be first of many hours "gussying" the girl up. I also have the window problem and will order a set of the aluminium brackets in the future.
    Enjoy the ride....
    living and riding on a knee.....Robert