Page 49 of 197 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

[QUOTE=Ldub;134474]
    Quote Originally Posted by r6boater View Post

What does IIRC mean? I've been seeing it around but can't figure it out.
    If I Remember Correctly...

Thanks
    Last edited by Moncha : 09/04/2008 at 07:47 PM

Greetings from Brisvegas !!

Hiya Guys, My name is Bill from Brisbane Australia, i have bought Moon buggys (David) VX off him yesterday and am so glad to have it after missing out on one i saw earlier in the year ....... he has body and interior modded this to perfection, my tasks will be headers and 2.5 inch twin pipes and an inch lift all round. Just a curious Q? has anybody here tried aftermarket extractors and a lift kit to run 38's like perhaps a super swamper or the like??. I also have a Land Rover S90 tdi lifted and running 35's\

Cheers guys and gals,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by magellan View Post
    a lift kit to run 38's like perhaps a super swamper or the like??\

Cheers guys and gals,

Bill

Welcome!
    Unless you plan on swapping the IFS for a solid axle you are pretty much limited to 33's (and that is with a lot of cladding trimming and liberal use of a BFH). 38's would require the SAS (solid axle swap) and pushing the front axle forward a bit so the tires would clear the firewall.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

[FONT="Times New Roman"]Hiya Guys, My name is Bill from Brisbane Australia
    Bill
    Welcome Bill! I hope you enjoy the VX! I am currently working on getting a 1976 XB Falcon Coupe shipped over from Oz about 10 hours south of you!!! I can't wait! A VX and an Aussie Falcon in the garage will be like a dream come true!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Welcome Bill! I hope you enjoy the VX! I am currently working on getting a 1976 XB Falcon Coupe shipped over from Oz
    Did you get a black GT-351 with the silver pinstriping ??, they were awesome in their day, but OMG they were thirsty !!! I think Ford did a limited run of them in that colour otherwise u got green and yellow and brown

Bill

Did you get a black GT-351 with the silver pinstriping ??, they were awesome in their day, but OMG they were thirsty !!! I think Ford did a limited run of them in that colour otherwise u got green and yellow and brown

Bill
    Actually, right now its white (but it will get a nice dark grey/satin black paint job). Its actually a 1976 XC, but it will be fitted with a XB front end. I will also be adding a GT Bonnet and a Mad Max style boot wing, as well as a few custom ideas I have in mind....

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Actually, right now its white (but it will get a nice dark grey/satin black paint job). Its actually a 1976 XC, but it will be fitted with a XB front end. I will also be adding a GT Bonnet and a Mad Max style boot wing, as well as a few custom ideas I have in mind....

Bart
    Hmmm.... 4 barrel holleys, extractors, twin 3 inch pipes with NO cats, a BIG blower to go up thru the bonnet scoop, a Borgwarner 9 inch rear diff, and those hardend steel axles that dont shear off when you stick some grunt into it at a red light !!! ....... that 351big block tuned on a dyno with a blower will leave ppl speechless and blind cos all they will be able to see thru the haze of burning rubber is nothing !!!!!! , i'd love to see the pics when you get it started, i'll trade you some pics of a red GT 351 XY falcon that i have.

Hmmm.... 4 barrel holleys, extractors, twin 3 inch pipes with NO cats, a BIG blower to go up thru the bonnet scoop, a Borgwarner 9 inch rear diff, and those hardend steel axles that dont shear off when you stick some grunt into it at a red light !!! ....... that 351big block tuned on a dyno with a blower will leave ppl speechless and blind cos all they will be able to see thru the haze of burning rubber is nothing !!!!!! , i'd love to see the pics when you get it started, i'll trade you some pics of a red GT 351 XY falcon that i have.
    Absolutely, mate! We can even help eachother with parts (US VX stuff and Aussie Falcon stuff). I think I will need to change the diff out to a 9" when I get it as well, but I am not sure if my guy over there is gonna swap it for me or not. Its gonna need some body work, I know there are some rust areas, but I want it to look rugged so I am not too worried. If my guy doesn't get on the stick I might have to send you down there to Heatherbrae to stick your boot in his boot!!!

Bart

Hi Magellan, good to see another Aussie on the site.
    I am in Hobart Tassie and been driving the Beast for about 8 months.
    Still get a buzz every time I get behind the wheel.
    Nice to see you have upgraded from the Chooktin (Foulcan).

Let me know if you are chasing any parts.
    I am starting to record a few Aussie scourced parts for the JDM VX.

Regards PK

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Nice to see you have upgraded from the Chooktin (Foulcan).

Regards PK
    Gday PK, i will be in Tassie towards the end of the month and i'll have the VX with me wi;; be an interesting run down the Newell to Melb and i'll get to see how the fuel economy is gonna scare me ****less !!!, maybe we can hook up for a cooling medicinal ale?? I'll pm you my mobile

Oh btw i don't ever drive the XY anymore, it's stored away and sees the light of day perhaps once a month at most

Gday PK, i will be in Tassie towards the end of the month and i'll have the VX with me wi;; be an interesting run down the Newell to Melb and i'll get to see how the fuel economy is gonna scare me ****less !!!, maybe we can hook up for a cooling medicinal ale?? I'll pm you my mobile

Oh btw i don't ever drive the XY anymore, it's stored away and sees the light of day perhaps once a month at most
    Hi Magellan, it would be great to catch up with you when you come down.
    We can do our own mini-meet and scare the locals.
    How long will you be in Tassie, and where??
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards
    Peter

Hi Everyone

I'm new here and a new owner of a 99 Silver VX. I bought my ride from a seller in Les Vegas who had it for 6 mo. who bought it from a member here on the board silver bullet 75. The sell gave me his name and number, so I gave Jim a call to find out some history on my new VX, I was happy to find out that my ride was well taken care of. As being a 99 with 16" wheels, and in need of tires I'm looking for a nice set of stock 18" wheels before I buy new tires for the 16" wheels. I'm looking forward to doing some mods in time and happy to have been turned on to this site. it looks to have a great group people that help each other with questions.

Jim 99VC

Post New here... trying for the nutshell story

...I...nm
    Last edited by iamironman : 10/12/2008 at 07:14 PM

Nice to have another Texan with a VX. That Trooper engine should last you quite a long time. BTW - Is that Trooper engine a 185 or 215 horse power. Maybe I'll see you at one of the local meets.
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    I don't think I would listen to those conservative republicans. They haven't been right for the past 7 years.
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Was finally able to get a VX last month

I've wanted one since I saw one for the first time in 2007, and after my 2000 Jimmy was totalled in July, I started looking around and found one locally, which was a surprise. So I'm now the proud owner of a 2001 ebony black VX. I'm curious, though: my VIN # ends with 1356, which I think means that it was the 1,356th made that year... but on some other sites, they put the total 2001 production at 1,345 (although it's wikipedia, so it can't be entirely trusted). Anyone know why this might be? Anyway, so far I love the new ride, it's just as cool as I thought it would be. And ironically, even though I never saw any of these on the road until 2007, and have only seen two since then, it appears there's another VX (silver/gray) owner like, 2 blocks from me in San Diego. Good times.