Page 48 of 197 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

"Another Larry with an Astral Silver 99 VX"

Hey gang,
    My name is Larry and live San Diego North County in a city called Escondido. I remember the VX Concept a long time ago and thought what a cool SUV and so far ahead of its time. I work at the Land Rover dealer and our Porsche dealer took the ol' 1999 in trade and I just happened to walk over their and see it. Nobody was too familiar with it but I recognized it right away. They sold it to me for a "song" and here I am now. Hit the google search and found the gang here and starting my VX journey! Fixing her up little by little but otherwise it is in great shape for 133k. The wifey thinks it is small and wonders why I bought it but still did!! A lot of you have already helped me out in threads and general direction for repairs and finding parts. Thanks to all and looking for a great and rare ownership experience!!
    Larry
    99 VX
    89 Range Rover
    06 Land Rover LR3

Sweet. That's how I got mine! (Jus not for a song LOL)
    i was working at Honda when some lady decides she wants a CRV instead. So I hid it and bought it.
    welcome to the addiction
    Richard
    Proud owner of a RWD VX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It looks like an angry snake-bee!" she said

Welcome!
    Your wife was right you should of purchased a minivan or 4 door sedan, something normal and bereft of passion. Something that would show the world that you’ve given up on your dreams. Now people are going to think you’re bold and mysterious. It just leads to trouble, Trouble I tell you!
    Last edited by kodiak : 07/31/2008 at 07:43 PM
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

"Another Larry with an Astral Silver 99 VX" ...

Gotta be one of my most profound quotes, like EVER...

Welcome to the addiction! . . .

vx-less rocking an acura rsx type-sssssssss

just bought a vehicross!!

i got a one owner 2001 black with red interior with 40k miles for $10k
    freaking awesome!

you got a great deal on that VX!! $10K for 40K miles! i paid $11K for a foxfire with 70K miles!
    welcome to the addiction!
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Hello

Hey everybody, my name is Kurt. I'm from Terre Haute IN, about an hour west of Indy. I'm seiously looking at buying a VehiCROSS. I'm in the Chemical Demilitarization business. What's that you ask? I am a gov't contractor chemically neutralizing the nerve agent, VX. We just completed our campaign and will be recieving a bonus, therefore I figured it only appropriate to buy a VX with some of this money. Make sense? I think it's justified. I currently own a S-crew f-150 and a MKIV Jetta. The VX would be a fun third vehicle. Well, I guess it would be the fourth since I also have an R1. But still, I'd drive the VX more than I ride my bike now. I have the most rock'n g/f ever and a kicka$$ 8y/o son too who is also into motorcycles.

Like I said, I'm seriously looking and think I have a line on a VX from one of the members on here. (I've been lurking quite a bit) I'll update you all when I get my hands on one. Thanks already for all the great info I've recieved to this point, I'm sure there's still more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by r6boater View Post
    Hey everybody, my name is Kurt. I'm from Terre Haute IN, about an hour west of Indy. I'm seiously looking at buying a VehiCROSS. I'm in the Chemical Demilitarization business. What's that you ask? I am a gov't contractor chemically neutralizing the nerve agent, VX. We just completed our campaign and will be recieving a bonus, therefore I figured it only appropriate to buy a VX with some of this money. Make sense? I think it's justified. I currently own a S-crew f-150 and a MKIV Jetta. The VX would be a fun third vehicle. Well, I guess it would be the fourth since I also have an R1. But still, I'd drive the VX more than I ride my bike now. I have the most rock'n g/f ever and a kicka$$ 8y/o son too who is also into motorcycles.

Like I said, I'm seriously looking and think I have a line on a VX from one of the members on here. (I've been lurking quite a bit) I'll update you all when I get my hands on one. Thanks already for all the great info I've recieved to this point, I'm sure there's still more to come.
    Hey Kurt! Glad you could join. You might appreciate my website:

http://www.gasmasks.net

I was thinking of getting "VX GAS" for my licence plates for a while.

Good luck find a VX!!

Bart

Very nice, GasMask. I rock the M40 all day long, slung at least, and have spent countless hours wearing/working in one. I also have an M17 that I bought at a yard sale probably 20yrs ago. My boy likes to carry it around, wear it and scare people.

I almost picked "VXKilla" as a handle for the site, but I've got a couple buddies who have used it for other online things.

I think one of my first mods will be to change the front badge, ala yours, but instead use the yellow circle ith "VX" in the middle like we use at work.

Brochure about my work

Notice the white suits toward the bottom, I have worn that quite a bit too.
    Last edited by r6boater : 08/21/2008 at 05:27 PM

Exclamation

Very nice, GasMask. I rock the M40 all day long, slung at least, and have spent countless hours wearing/working in one. I also have an M17 that I bought at a yard sale probably 20yrs ago. My boy likes to carry it around, wear it and scare people.

I almost picked "VXKilla" as a handle for the site, but I've got a couple buddies who have used it for other online things.

I think one of my first mods will be to change the front badge, ala yours, but instead use the yellow circle ith "VX" in the middle like we use at work.

Brochure about my work

I know just the place for a VX "disposal site". Release/Expose it upon Afganistan & Iraq after all U.S. Forces are pulled out. Problem solved.

Thumbs up

Brochure about my work

Very cool what you are doing. Its nice to see us dismantling these facilities. Being a historian in the area of WMD and NBC technoculture for so long, I am avidly opposed to the offensive use, and quite honestly, any sort of "play" with such weapons. I know exactly what VX does, and I have seen old films of VX, Sarin and Soman being tested on goats, and it is simply frightening. I find it hard to believe we have even dabbled with such stuff, but when you look at the big picture (defense of the nation, etc), I suppose we had no choice. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Very cool what you are doing. Its nice to see us dismantling these facilities. Being a historian in the area of WMD and NBC technoculture for so long, I am avidly opposed to the offensive use, and quite honestly, any sort of "play" with such weapons. I know exactly what VX does, and I have seen old films of VX, Sarin and Soman being tested on goats, and it is simply frightening. I find it hard to believe we have even dabbled with such stuff, but when you look at the big picture (defense of the nation, etc), I suppose we had no choice. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Bart
    Thanks! I work for the outfit that was in charge of the neutralization of the VX, the plant that produced the VX was torn down about 2 yrs ago. We are just now starting the process of tearing down the neutralization facility.

I've also seen the old goat and pigeon vids as well. They are excellent training videos for why you need to always have your mask with you.

wow... cool job, but definitly not for me.

you ever have to use that antidote on yourself? Do people you work with ever get accidentally contaminated?

This site is a good resource for finding used VXs... definitly check WAY back too... the guy I bought mine from actually contacted ME through a "Want to Buy" ad I placed in Craigslist... but the thing was up for sale here for nearly 2 years.

I know of a few near me, and a few really nice (but expensive) ones a little further out too...

IIRC there is a red one for sale in PA with only 25K miles on it but they want about $15K for it

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsymphony View Post
    wow... cool job, but definitly not for me.

you ever have to use that antidote on yourself? Do people you work with ever get accidentally contaminated?

This site is a good resource for finding used VXs... definitly check WAY back too... the guy I bought mine from actually contacted ME through a "Want to Buy" ad I placed in Craigslist... but the thing was up for sale here for nearly 2 years.

I know of a few near me, and a few really nice (but expensive) ones a little further out too...

IIRC there is a red one for sale in PA with only 25K miles on it but they want about $15K for it
    No, never had to use the markI kit, no one I know ever has. I'm not sure if you guys are familiair with RIR's (recordable injury rates). It has to do with how much a company pays in Inusrance due to the probablility of a workmans comp claim. Anyway, if you have a 1.0 RIR, you pay X. Anything over 1.0 rir, say 1.2, you pay 1.2X. and so forth, the higher the number for your rir, the higher premiums the company pays. If you are below 1.0 you get a discount. The site I work at currently and for quite awhile now, has the lowest RIR in the ChemDemil industry at .53 RIR. Basically, if you work in an office, you are more than likely to get hurt at work than I am. It's just if something does happen at my work it can be at lot worse. therefore we are SUPER safe.

I have already talked to videoboy, down in Nashville about the one he has for sale.

What does IIRC mean? I've been seeing it around but can't figure it out.

Thanks for the welcome.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    [QUOTE=r6boater;134472].

What does IIRC mean? I've been seeing it around but can't figure it out.

QUOTE]

If I Remember Correctly...