Page 43 of 197 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

New VX owner

I have always liked the look of the VX and I finally bought one last week.Mine is a 99 silver and only has 79k miles.I need to do a few things to fix it up and i am looking forward to searching the forum for advice.I think isuzu makes great suv's and this is our 3rd Isuzu. My wife drives our 98 Rodeo and I could tell form her actions when I brought this VX home that she is hoping to take it over but she is out of luck at least for a while.

Welcome!
    You will find a wealth of information here and alot of great people!
    Enjoy the ride and don't let your wife have it, (unless you are "in the mood")!
    Best,
    James
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Uk V-Cross

I've had this v-cross for over a year now. Have decided to keep it! - yes, it's magic.
    Jap spec model, 1st reg jan 2000 so 1999 model.
    Was overtaken by one some time ago and was impressed- was driving a 4l Cherokee at the time, after having an S10 Blazer for many years. Found out what it was and then found this site. It took some time but I eventually managed to buy one. A major op and two major holidays have slowed my response
    Ok, it had been messed about with but I love it. Have removed rear seat, fitted Curt tow bar and refinished the mirrors (had fire damage?) but paint hasn't lasted well. Now needs new egr valve , and yes the windows stick. And the previous owner removed the rear shocks and replaced them with something or other. Plus the rear view camera has packed up!! Oh well.....
    Think I will stick with it though- it's such fun to drive and nobody knows what it is.

Excellent site, by the way.

Uk V-Cross

I've had this v-cross for over a year now. Have decided to keep it! - yes, it's magic.
    Was overtaken by one some time ago and was impressed- was driving a 4l Cherokee at the time, after having an S10 Blazer for many years. Found out what it was and then found this site. It took some time but I eventually managed to buy one. A major op and two major holidays have slowed my response.
    Ok, it had been messed about with but I love it. Have removed rear seat, fitted Curt tow bar and refinished the mirrors (had fire damage?) but paint hasn't lasted well. Now needs new egr valve , and yes the windows stick. And the previous owner removed the rear shocks and replaced them with something or other. Plus the rear view camera has packed up!! Oh well.....
    Think I will stick with it though- it's such fun to drive and nobody knows what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Was overtaken by one some time ago and was impressed- was driving a 4l Cherokee at the time, after having an S10 Blazer for many years. Found out what it was and then found this site. It took some time but I eventually managed to buy one. A major op and two major holidays have slowed my response.

Welcome! Its cool to have another member from the UK.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Welcome! Its cool to have another member from the UK.

Too right! Welcome Woodsman!

A

Thumbs up

Hello all,

Newbie here from the UK, found the site after recommendation from the former owner of my VX.
    Great work all, looking forward to filling up my working hours reading all the posts.

EBHB

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Welcome EBHB...

I think you'll find our little group of weeirdo's to be fun to hang out with,,,

About 95% of the most common questions can be answered in sixty seconds or less by using the search function.

The other 5% your new family will be glad to help you with...

Yeah, welcome!

BLUE VX, huh?
    - you have to know what it is to know what it is -

David Wiltshire has a pic of his blue VX in his gallery. Pretty sharp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman View Post
    Yeah, welcome!

BLUE VX, huh?
    JDM's had all kinds of coloring

I think he may have been making reference to the imfamous missing blue SoCal VX, not knowing the poster was from overseas?
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Just jumped the gun. Sorry.
    Did NOT notice this VX was overseas.
    - you have to know what it is to know what it is -

All the UK VXers need to put together a little meet right here....
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:/...38400&t=k&om=1
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Cool Soon to have my VX..tomorrow

Just joined today. I need to ask one question. My soon-to-be 1999 Ironman VX has 109k on it. What can I expect? I hear of bearing and O-ring problems in the 3.5. Just hype-Any experiences? Anybody with over 200k in thier VX? Let me know if you can!!!!
    Ron