Page 41 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Twilightside,

Welcome to the addiction. Hope you have many happy years with your dream VX. Also, thanks for your dedication to the Military.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Welcome Kris and thank you, thank you, thank you for your service!

hello

Hi, i am in the process of buying a vx from my unkle. i was not really considering being a two vehicle owner, but he is a great unkle and hooked me up with a deal i could not refuse. i love the little vx and it is so nice to drive a small car around after having to deal with a big diesel four door work truck in town. plus it is a damb fun little car. my vx will need a little tlc to get back to 100% but not a lot. my biggest concern right now is the supercharger has a nasty rattle in it. since i live in bozeman there is not a lot of people that have any experience with superchargers either. i am mechanical in a purely functional role. (think ranch truck) the one guy that people steer me towards is "mikes offroad", he makes some amazing stuff, but i have not had any dealling with him untill today. he seems very knowlegable. but all my eggs are in one basket, so to speak. if he says this is what it is, i have no second oppinion. dynojet is made here, but i hear they do not do anything like what i am needing. but i may be wrong. anyway mike sayes that my bearings are beginning to go, and that the only thing to do is to take it off and send it in< and have it rebuilt. he says that his cost him about $800 to send his in, but it was a different brand. anyway i'd love some feedback, and am very impressed with this forum. it is going to be the best resource i have ever had on any vehicle. thanks justin

Justin,

Welcome. There are several members with S/C. You can start a thread to get better response to your questions. This particular thread is massive already and your question will probably get lost.

I seem to remember some recent discussions about noisy S/C but since I don't have one I didn't really take notice. Spend some time scrolling through the threads or use the search function to try to find some answers while you're waiting on a reply.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

welcom to the wild side
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Smile Wylderon

Well Jus thought I would reply in a fashion that a VXer would.......I have a 2000 White and Black Ironman and love it.....fell in love with them the first time i saw one and just had to have one....I have had issues with mine but through forums and other net searching I have been able to correct the issues that arise and press on......Joined the club so I could keep this wonderful (very copied) vehicle in top running order......its funny how everyone that sees this vehicle wants to know what year it is and where can they get one......Just want to keep on making mine better!!!!

From one member to another.....

Hello all I recently purchased Shootah77's 2000 Ebony and relocated it to Seattle.

So far I am loving it.... except for the gas mileage which turns out to be pretty brutal but thats the price I pay for something so unique.

Installing a PC running Centrafuse with Nav, OBDII, Cam for the back, Media, BT car kit etc etc. I will post some pictures when I am done, should be a fun project.

I have already learned a lot here so thank you. Purchased my window brackets just waiting for the how to video!

I look forward to a long run here.

My new ride...

Hey guys. Welcome to the addiction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylderon View Post
    Well Jus thought I would reply in a fashion that a VXer would.......I have a 2000 White and Black Ironman and love it.....fell in love with them the first time i saw one and just had to have one....I have had issues with mine but through forums and other net searching I have been able to correct the issues that arise and press on......Joined the club so I could keep this wonderful (very copied) vehicle in top running order......its funny how everyone that sees this vehicle wants to know what year it is and where can they get one......Just want to keep on making mine better!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Serephin View Post
    Hello all I recently purchased Shootah77's 2000 Ebony and relocated it to Seattle.

So far I am loving it.... except for the gas mileage which turns out to be pretty brutal but thats the price I pay for something so unique.

Installing a PC running Centrafuse with Nav, OBDII, Cam for the back, Media, BT car kit etc etc. I will post some pictures when I am done, should be a fun project.

I have already learned a lot here so thank you. Purchased my window brackets just waiting for the how to video!

I look forward to a long run here.
    Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    Welcome All...you're gonna love it here.

It's a NASTY addiction, but one well worth nurturing.

Chelo - where or who did you get yours from?

Hello

I am new to the VX and am just getting to know its subcultural

Thanks all for the welcoming!
    Mine belonged to Bob (VXtreme) from SLC, Utah.
    Is it true that the guy that designed the VX also designed the FX35/45?

Quote Originally Posted by chelo View Post
    Thanks all for the welcoming!
    Mine belonged to Bob (VXtreme) from SLC, Utah.
    Is it true that the guy that designed the VX also designed the FX35/45?
    You have made my VX even rarer in SLC.

Engine Blown

I joined this site recently and have spent many hours reading but not posting. I am new to the VX so I was in the learning phase. The forums here are awesome and the members really go the distance.
    I bought my VX in Miami. I live in Daytona Beach. I had planned on taking it to Colorado with me but one week ago a friend was driving it when it over heated. I dont know how long he drove it for but the head is completely warped. So now it seems to be a big risk to put in new head cylinders (not sure I know what that is) at $1400 when I dont know what the extent of the damage is to the block. I am mildly mechanically inclined and probably only know enough to do damage.
    Does anyone know a good place to get an engine new or used?
    Are there any upgrades I should do considering the extent of this work?
    I love my VX and dont wish to get rid of it regardless of Isuzu pulling out.
    I apologize for being so ignorant on the vehicle but there is only so much time in the day to invest so any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance and I hope I get the chance to reciprocate...