Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Smile

Hi everyone, I’m Deby. I’m married with two wonderful kids, and a fantastically terrific husband (Swordy) who dreams up mods for our 01’ VX. Last year in April he came home with his face all lit up like it was Christmas. He had just seen his first VX (being pulled over on the freeway). He ran straight to the computer to see it on a website. We were the proud owners a week later.
    To be honest, I wasn’t to sure about this giant tennis shoe on bicycle tires. Everyday I would go outside and stare at it trying to get used to the looks. While I was thinking on road practicality, he was thinking off road mega V. It had it’s first scratch within a week from tree branches on a dirt road. Thus began the newly designed Swordy V. He has me totally hooked on 4wheeling. I love it! Every weekend we are out on dirt roads. He even lets me help him plot out our unseen trails.
    We joined a truck club, and go on long haul outings too. Walt talked us into Moab. It was such a blast. I can’t wait for Moab VI. Several guides were amazed to see the VehiCross attempt and make some of the side trails. We are going with our truck club in August to do the Rubicon. I encourage anyone who owns one of these great vehicles to get out and enjoy the dirt. OR, when you come out to So Cal, go out with us.
    Last edited by BumbleV-X : 11/16/2002 at 12:14 AM
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

All VX's are cool!

My name is Chris Elfers and I've owned my VX for a year now and I still feel excited every time I get into tihs awesome truck. It's neat to think that there are fewer VX's than Bentleys so lots of head-turns. ;eekg;

Scott, you've done a great job on this site and I hope everyone starts using this site! Very exciting!

I thank everyone on this board (ok, the VMAG board) for contributing. It helps me understand and enjoy my truck even more (as well as help debug problems).

-Chris Elfers
    "VEHIcross is really really COOL, man"

Thumbs up

Back in late '99 I saw a VX for the first time in a car show. I'm not exactly the kind of person who buys things by impulse, but that day a bell rang quite loud: "That's the car that goes with me!"

I started gathering all the necessary info -and the financial support- to put my hands on one of these babies. I bumped into the first Vehicross forum at that time, and it definitively was the information source I needed to make up my mind. I finally was able to get one on July '00, and I only regret not having more time every day to drive it.

As a VX proud owner and fanatic and one of the forum's greatest lurker, I just gotta say it's a great thing to share the passion for this car with you guys. Only good things come from people with such a great taste!

Miguel.

Thumbs up I'm hooked!

O.K. I can go on & on about how wicked kewl the VX is, how excited I get looking at and driving mine, how cool it is to see another VX on the street (or rock climbing in Moab), and how lucky I feel to own such an awesome ride... but I'm not going to because I know it's nothing new to you. I will say that I'm glad to be part of such a cool group of people , and look forward to more meets!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Cool

Hello All...
    I bought my 99 in Dec 2000
    I love this truck
    After owning 12 different 4X4s, its obvious to me that this is best 4x4 for the money, ever, period.

note: BigMeatVX- previously Pete6

Allan L 99 VX 0n 35's

Talking The Origins of my lust...

I originally saw the VX in an auto show preview... when the beast finally made it to the cover of Car and Driver, I was hooked . I began actively seeking one in 2000 with the new Proton Yellow paint. When I couldn't find one (I was told the initial shipment only had 30 in yellow, and that only two were still available - on in Hawaii and the other garnered no response from the dealer) - I almost bought a Foxfire Red. I finally just gave up and kept driving the 4Runner.

Last may, coming back from the Toyota parts store with components for the Camry, I thought I'd give the Isuzu dealer another try (it was on the way), and see if the new model had come out. Turns out they had just sold the only one they had the day before, it was a Proton, and that there was a $0 down 0% deal. I was heartbroken ...but they thought they could find me another one. A week later, and the one sold had been returned (they guy decided on black)...so I ended up with it. It's been a love affair ever since.

No regrets here... even with the quirks (my girlfriend hates the rear-seat accessibility and rear visibility), I wouldn't give it up for a free Hummer.

-- Best, John

PS - Thanks for this great new board!
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Talking I'm here

Hi Folks,

Dave here in Denver. The first time I saw a VX was out car shopping on a Sunday with a friend. We drove past an Isuzu lot and there was a silver VX. I couldn't figure out what the hell it was, so made him turn around and go back. He thought it was the ugliest thing he'd ever seen, but I thought it was a great design. I went back and test drove it a week later, but wasn't completely happy with the handling. I did a lot of research on VX's after that. 2 years later when I decided it was time to trade off the 95 Supra, I figured I'd go for something more practical. I was looking at Volvo and Mercedes sedans, but kept going back to the VX. I drove a 2000 and perhaps it's shifting had been learned when being driven cautiously, but I didn't like it - the handling was much sharper with the 18" wheels now. I got an offer from a dealer in Boulder on a 2001 Firefox for the same price the 2000 was offered to me at, and decided to drive it. For whatever reason, this one shifted much better (maybe there was a programming change in 2001??). I haggled for half an hour and drove it home. I've had it for 16 months now, and nearly 20,000 miles. I love it. Only problem was a leak in a front axle oil seal - fixed under warranty. It sure beats the Supra for Colorado winters!
    Dave

I saw a VX a couple years ago, liked it but couldn't afford it. Finally got a '99 in January. I've had lots of cars over the years, but nothing like this. I love the comments and looks this car gets. The shortcomings are many, but they pale in comparison to the fun you get from driving this thing.

The engine blew up at 53k miles, but Isuzu covered it free. I bought an extended warranty for when the factory one is up. I'm afraid this thing is expensive to fix when it breaks.

I thought about selling it after the engine blew up, but the trade in value sucks, and I can't find anything I like better anyway.

I'm 51, my kids are grown and only the 17 year old lives with me and my wife, so we almost never have anyone but the two of us onboard. Of course the 17 year old son loves to cruise the vx, but he's only got to drive it 3 times since January of '02.

My wife just bought an '02 Subaru Outback Sedan Limited, she loves AWD. The VMag Subaru list sure isn't as good or busy as the VX one!!!

I'm looking forward to all the new posts here, good job so far!

Thumbs up yeeeeeees!

I had to change my name again after making some dumb mistakes while trying to sign in...yep you can get the man out of europe, but never the european out of the man!
    Having said that, I'd like to congratulate you yanks with reaching the quarter finals of the world championship football. Is anybody there remotely interested in the spectacular performances of your "mannshaft" here in Japan? I hope you kick Germany's *** tomorrow!
    Ok back to the VX, well I can say that I'm the veteran here, having my VX since 1998, it has given me pleasure with a big P!
    I just love this car...it's the second best choice I've made since coming to Japan after marrying my lovely wife!
    But they have a lot in common, great styling, great noise, reliable, both are expensive..one drinks like a fish the other can't stop eating, and best of all, they make me feel good about being alive!
    Great site Scott, you're the man, and thank you and Tone and the other guys who send me some great mails when my old man past away last year. It's great to have a second family!
    One request, if you guys post your pictures, can you post a pic of yourseld with it...it's nice to be able to put a face with the texts!
    Groetjes,
    Serge

I first saw the VX (Silver) in 1999, while helping my wifes cousin shop for a car. I couldn't believe it! The coolest car I'd ever seen. At the time, I was happy with the truck I was driving so I didn't give it any thought. Move forward a year and I'm looking to get a new car. The list included S4, TT Quat, Volvo Turbo wagon, Z3 M coupe, BMW 850 and the VX. I guess you know what I picked. . .

Cool

This website rocks!! I'm a fairly new member to the VX owner group, just bought my 2001 Kaiser Silver VX in May 2002. I first saw one in a movie theater parking lot in late 1999 near Langhorne, PA and was like....whoooaaa.....what is that?? Did all the research to get info on it from Isuzu and found it cost more than what I could afford. Well the price came down earlier this year on 2001 leftovers so I jumped, had my 2002 Toyota Celica GTS taken back and bought the VX at a dealership in Richboro, PA. This is by far the best ride I've ever owned and the best SUV/truck out there!! What's even better is owners across the country coming together like this!!

Elliott

01 Silver VX
    West Chester, PA

Talking Coolest vehicle ever

I followed the Vehicross from the drawing board to production. I wanted one so bad. I was finally able to buy a used 1999 silver for $27K with about 13K on the odometer. I have since painted the exterior metallic blue and changed the red interior to purple. I love this vehicle...

Brent
    1999 Blue VX #257

Smile Greetings from the SF Bay Area...

I remember the first time I saw the VX was back in design school looking through the Japanese Car Styling magazines back in 1994. I happened to see an image of the VX in one issue and my first reaction was "YECH!" Who would want to buy that thing!

Five years later, just gotten over a bad relationship, I was looking for something to fill that emptiness I felt. A co-worker had asked me if I saw the new Isuzu Vehicross yet and I didn't even know what he was talking about. He said it was the coolest thing out there and hasn't been released to the public yet. So I immediately ran to the computer to check it out on Isuzus site and there it was...love at first sight! I told my co-worker that I was going to get it! Of course, he thought I was full of it.

After work, I went home and spent all night doing research on the net. I even called the local dealers the next day and found out that you have to put a deposit down and be on a long waiting list. I sent a deposit to a dealer and had to endure an agonizing wait for that phone call. After about a month, I called the dealer and they told me it may come in next week. I called the dealer then and they just kept giving me the same story. Finally, I decided to give up and had them rip up the check. This was in April 1999.

One weekend at work, I decided to call a dealership in San Jose just see if they would know when they may receive any VXs. And to my surprise, they said they had a silver one on their showroom floor. I drove like a maniac to the dealership and like a dream, with the majestic violins in the background, there it was.

It was the first time I got to check this vehicle out up close and personal. And it wasn't too long that the salesman asked if I wanted to go for a spin. So, I did. Again, I heard the violins play even louder as I drove through the streets and noticing all the reactions from other drivers around me. I felt like I was in a presidential limo or something. Upon my return, I was hooked. I was in the middle of a lease of a 1999 Honda Passport but I wanted out. They worked out the paperwork for me and I ended up paying a little more than todays prices. But I didn't care. You can't put a price on the feeling I got driving home with this baby four hours later.

Today, I had returned my leased Astral Silver back in May '01 for a brand new purchase of a '01 Ebony. I've had a few problems with the '01 than the '99. But, all were taken care of under warranty. To this day, I'm still at awe with the fine styling and engineering feats that Isuzu has temporarily displayed in the making of the VX. No other vehicle, except for the VX-O2 and VX-4, even comes close. In fact, it is because of the radical styling of the VX-O2, that has inspired me to start Vehicross Concepts. Koodos to my wife, Cindy, as she has supported me through the long nights and weekends while getting the VXC in full gear.

I have been a member of the VX community way back and have seen how things have changed. This board and its members have been through a lot. With little or no support from Isuzus marketing along with the aftermarket industry, we've managed to strive against all odds to survive as a strong member of the 4wd community and put our name out there for the world to recognize.

And it's nice to finally move into a decent home with decent people. Thanks Scott and Tone for leading the way. Never have I seen such a group of good people unite from throughout the globe over one little vehicle.
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

It's gotta be yellow...

Last fall I decided I needed to replace my '98 Lincoln Mark VIII Collector's Edition with something that I wouldn't be hesitant to drive in the rain and snow. The CE had been relegated to the driveway to make room in the garage for my '70 Torino Cobra, '01 Honda S2000 and '00 Honda CBR600F4 (ALL yellow!) I wanted all wheel drive...something sporty...something different...something cool!! My options were the VehiCROSS and the... uh... well... NOTHING! Since I was going to be driving this machine I decided on a good used VX. I shopped around and located a '99 Iron Man in Maryland. It was very nice and I was ready to negotiate, but I mentioned to the salesman that all my other vehicles were yellow and I really wanted a Proton, but there were NONE in the DC area. He said he had BRAND NEW PROTON on the showroom floor. One look and I was hooked! We argued for a few hours before coming to an agreed price and then I suffered through hours of paperwork before FINALLY being able to drive MY VehiCROSS home. None of my friends or family seemed surprised when I drove up in the VX -- it seemed more in line with my other rides than the plain white Lincoln. I haven't regretted this purchase for one minutes. We're going to be around for a LONG time.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Thumbs up

If I recall the first time I actually saw a VX was in March of 99 after a car meet in Atlanta. I was driving home and ran into major transmisson problems. Needless to say I ended up at a Mitsubishi/Isuzu dealer and during my wait they unloaded a 99 Ironman VX - which was for promo for it's release. I picked up some papers on it and gave it a look over. Well 4 years later here I am with my new 01 VX sitting in my garage (Still have that Mits (VR4) too ) This is a great group and hopefully I'll get to meet some of you.
    Andy C
    01 Firefox VX
    CT