Page 2 of 197 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Cool

I've had my '99 Ironman for over 2 years and have 76,000 miles. Have had very few problems & love this beast in the woods. I've hauled alot of big game from the "field" and have always gotten compliments. This is my "mid-life-crisis" vehicle and my son can't wait to get this hand me down.

Good job on the new site -- I'm here! Randy
    Happy Flying!

Randy

HI Honey,...I'm home!!!!
    (*stretches, kicks off shoes and wiggles his toes)
    I'm a naturalized USA american from Canada. I had the good luck to be brought up doing mostly snow skiing and working horses on ranches. I spent many years ski racing on the World Cup and the Pro Tour, then many years working as a helicopter ski guide and climbing guide climbing thruout the Andes, the Alps, Alaska, and the Himalaya, and now I make it as a horse trainer, training cutting horses up in the hi mountains of Idaho.(Myself and two buddies, were the first ever to ski from the tops all of the La Sal mtns. that overlook Moab.)
    I used to show horses more than 200 times a years...Many. many years spent in dull cheap motels and even cheaper bars while driving easily over 100,000 miles a year in big pickups with big horse trailers and many horses to bed down and feed each night.
    Now I have the best woman, dogs, horses, and ranch that I could ever hope to have, and I now, pretty much refuse to go anywhere!
    I also finally have some time to drive something besides a 1 ton pickup. And the VX is just what the doctor ordered! I've got 100's of miles of great rally type dirt roads right out my door, as well as lots of super 4x4 mtn. trails and roads.
    My wife is a veternarian. We have 4 Aussiecross cow dogs, 3 cats and many horses. Our place is named the 'Coolhand Ranch'. We even have a big stream in the back yard for good troat fishing.
    It's a great pleasure for me to access the brains of so many talented and fun people about this fun truck thru this site.
    Namaste'
    Last edited by BaM*BaM : 06/19/2002 at 05:47 PM
    "The USA Is Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill 'Em!"

Talking

Loving this new board!!!

I first spotted a VehiCROSS in a car mag as a model at a car show. I thought "WOW, that is such a cool car.", but that i would never own one. Then about three years ago, i was on my way to my friends house and passed by an Isuzu dealer with one on the lot. It was a dealer demo that someone was driving. I again thought i could never own this truck. And then as i passed by another Isuzu dealership almost two years ago i saw a proton yellow sitting in the lot. I quickly turned around and asked for a test drive. I told my friend that was with me that it would be so cool if i could afford it. The dealer said "Why not?", and i said "My payments would be outragous." Then then he said "Lets find out." After a week of pain and aggravation, she was mine!!!

Cool forum Scott! Keep up the good work!
    alan

And it has begun...

Scott,

Great looking boards here! :homer:
    Can't wait to start exploring all the nooks and crannies. Gotta get out of this noobie stage soon. Formerly December House. Need to gets icons for an Astral Silver! Ain't a complaint, though.

I first saw the VX articles in R&T and C&D - not the best reviews. Didn't give it too much thought until I was strolling through the mall and there she was! Love at first sight. Started doing some research and ended up torn between an Iron Man in Atlanta and the Astral in Tallahassee. The dealership pulled it out of the mall and let me take it for the weekend. The salesman gave me a chit to fill up the tank and two people walked up to me and started asking me all of these questions about her...that was all she wrote. Since then it's not uncommon to find greasy fingerprints on the freshly cleaned windows. Strangers point and oogle.

No real mods, just debadged the tailgate to keep 'em guessing and put in some good tint for that hot Florida sun. It attracts enough attention just standing still.

28K miles in 26 months, and I drive it daily. Lord, I wish I lived farther from work!
    E Campos
    1999 Astral Silver #1654

I believe it was the end of `98 when I spotted the VX in a Field&Stream at some redneck's house. I immediatley declared that I would some day own one, present company did not seem too impressed (it ain't no pickup).

Well for almost a year now I have been enjoying the hell out of this truck. It was well worth the wait, and the monthly payments.

The first time I saw a VX was when I was helping a friend move his aunt from Houston to Dallas. His brother showed up to help us load the truck and he was driving a VX (Berthabert now owns this vehicle). This was Saturday, Feb 3, 2001. I went to the Isuzu web site on Monday and used it to get a quote from several dealers in Houston. I drove mine home Tuesday, Feb 6, 2001 and haven't had any regrets. I went to Moab for the first time this year and I had so much fun that I'm pretty sure I'll go back every year until I die.

DAMN! Why'd it take me so long to get here? Now I'm going to have to boost my posts back up to 760 like on the other board!!!

GREAT LOOKING FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Scott!! We cops do have flashes of brilliance, from time to time, but this site goes beyond that.
    I got my '99 last December from McKenzie Bond just west of Houston. I had a long week battle over the price with them but it all ended well. I gave up a "mint" '91 modified Wrangler that I drove off the show room floor. I swore I'd never give it up but I could not keep passing the VX daily without having to own it.
    The mods I've done are minor compared to others but I really don't want to change the overall appearance. Many thanks to all of you that keep posting info that improves the quailty of my ride.
    ________
    Video Reviews
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 06:49 PM

Thumbs up Awesome website Scott!

Just checking in (and checking out this really cool VX website). GREAT job Scott!

I first saw a Proton when car shopping for my wife. We both looked at it, I sat in it and told her I thought it was cool. She let me know how she felt, YUCK!! You like that !? That color? Oh my god get out of the heat you're sick. So, on we went to the next dealer (The rest of the day all I could think was, that is MY VX). So months later we went shopping again, this time we were both ready to get new vehicles. I took her back to the VX. Same reaction. Then the next week I spent some time online and did my research on the VX. I went to Japan on business and visited various dealers and parts vendors. Came back and took her back to the VX. We test drove it, we liked it. She began to warm up to it. But, she needed a van or something similar to her current 4Runner for the kids, not some fast two door rock climber. She looked at the AXIOM loved it, power, room, TOD, good looking.

I sent out an e-mail to Isuzu dealers all over the southwest looking for the best price on a Proton VX. Best deal was made back at the first place we went (in fact we had another 1K knocked off both vehicles when we told them we wanted both the VX and Axiom that day)

Now, my wife and I trade vehicles every now & then and she says she loves the fact we got the proton (Remember color comment), and loves the VX allaround. She is always the one planning our next trek into the Arizona wilderness to test the limits of the VX. It grew on her and she loves it.

It turns out over this six month period I was right, when I first sat in that VX I kept thinking this is mine. It is the exact one I sat in that first day. Gotta love it when you know it was meant to be!

Back in late 1999 I saw one at a dealer and I laughed and laughed that someone would actually buy such a vehicle, but it intrigued me. After reseaching the vehicle and ordeing a brochure it fast became one of my dream cars. In late 2001 I started looking at used prices and was able to purchase my 1999 Black VX for very little money. I absolutely love this truck! I think it is a permanent member of our family. It is a little tough getting my two girls in and out, but it is worth it.
    Terry Daniel

Great job Scott! Very cool site.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 06/18/2004 at 06:21 AM

I found mine in a little town in Kansas. They could not get rid of it because no one knew what it was. I KNEW, and traded them a 99 Dakota they gave 17,000 for! I drove back to Texas a happy man!!! Then my insurance went up because of rate hikes and a different zip code, think that will stop me from owning it??? Hell no!! I just keep on truckin. Don't get me wrong if someone wants to buy it for the right price it's gone..........It will get replaced by a 2001 so don't fret!! I hope to be with you guys for a long time to come!! '99 Astral Silver!
    3C FORMERLY VX #1876
    www.triple-cs.com

Talking Not a VX, but a 'Zu nonetheless...

Hey y'all!

Keith (Locomigo) here... Bought our 99 Migo softie as a new job present and after 10 years of waiting, from viewing the first 89 I fell in love with...

I, like Scott, have NEVER been SO obsessed with anything this badly in all of my life.

Great job on the site Scott, looks like a lot of fun, and glad to be here.

Hope to see as many of you that care to join us in Beuna Vista next month for Colorado 'Zu! Should be another GREAT 'Zu time.

Let me know if ever you need additional promoting, support or anything else.
    Take care,
    Keith
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Talking

My wife purchased an O1 all wheel drive Passat wagon. I was on my second Trooper and had an appointment for an oil change and what should be sitting in the showroom??? I sat down with the salesman and started figuring out how I could take that red VX home. Anyway, the wagon reduced the need for the Trooper's cargo and I had always been struck with the VX since it came out. "A SUV sportscar with Recaro seats like my old 77 Targa!" I was hooked. My 10 year old loved it at first sight and my wife tolerates it. Shortly after I took delivery an advertisement ran from my dealer with the same car for 10K less that the sticker that I negotiated upon. I was/am upset about that. Still love the car. Have written to dealer and Isuzu about the immediate depreciation experience. Also, I look forward to reading the forum (previous and now this one) daily.

Scott
    Scott