Page 21 of 197 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

First sighting of the VX was 3 days after picking up my 98 Trooper, having driven nothing but Isuzu’s since 84 and being a totally loyal fan of this great company…. I said to my wife while passing the UGLY thing “what the #$% are the folks at Isuzu thinking!” … “They’re not going to sell many of those!” A week later I saw one on the road…. Hmmm, I guess it’s not that bad look’n. After about a month I wanted one but couldn’t justify dumping the Trooper with all the room having two kids etc. Long story short… Trooper has been sold to my friend with 150K… Kids are both in College and have their own cars and I GOT MY VEHICROSS!
    Riverdale, NJ

#687 checking in

Hey guys. I guess the SUV MAGs forum died. That's how long i've been out of it. I got my Proton Yellow VX back in 2000. I was planning to get an Amigo but while I was at the dealer, I saw a Vx and immediately loved it. The sales guy let me take it for a spin, and that was my decision.

This was a the Cadillac dealer in Santa Monica, and I have previously and can confirm again that the guys there are jerks. I ended up driving 2 hours south to the Jeep Dealer in Placentia to get one of the few Yellow Vx's.

For 5 years now I've driven and loved my Vx. Coming up on only 60k (I go easy on her I guess) and she still drives like a dream. Have had a few of the known issues (window binding, seals) and I've come back here to get some advice on fixes and maybe mods.

Call me what you will, but I've never been able to bring myself to take her serious off-roading. Now that she's a little older, you may see me at some of the meets and out in the rocks though. Cheers.

My name is BO, I live in Staunton Va. I have owned my VX since jan. of 04 and have loved every minute. Even with it being a 2000 people ask me if it's new. It was the only one around for about a year now there is one or two more that have shown up.
    I have been on this site a few times, and I thank it's great. There is alot of useful info.I hope to learn more.

Hey all, my name is Gil and I live in Joliet, IL. I bought my VX a little over a month ago. I feel like a little kid with a new toy. I couldnt pass it up, a 2000 w/ 25K. I love this machine and am workin on customizing it to fit me. Im having the sunroof cut in on Thurs. and putting serious thought into the supercharger. You all seem great and helpful with alot of good info. Can't wait for the weather to finally break...

New Member /1999 VX/ signed print question

Hi all: I am the owner of a 1999 silver, and maybe one of the first to buy one. Acutualy, it was my daughter's, but I took it from her....as she didn't like it. I have a bunch of questions, that maybe you guys could answer? Are you mostly Guys? Anyways, hope to learn from you all.

definitely cool ride

I had an old trooper, manual trans, 4WD for a long time...it ran great, through all sorts of weather, never once even thought about getting stuck in snow 30 inches deep...it truly was a real trooper. Then, I saw the VX in a trade mag in 1998, and from that point onward, dreamed of owning one some day (couldn't afford it new at the time). Bought my first VX last year, and love it. Found it on eBay at a dealer not too far from home, went to see it, and bought it. Will never sell it, and hope to buy another in a year or so. Should hold its value over time, as only a very limited number were produced. But, even if it doesn't, I'm still holding onto it!

The only thing I was disappointed about when first learning of the VX was the transmission...I wished it were manual, both boxes...I like having the control, not a chip! Oh well...maybe someday I'll make one manual.

mikie g

My 1999 Ironman

My name is Gerry<Vxdude22 I have a 1999 Vx Ironman., #0128. I bought it "used" from a Jeep dealer in Princeton, NJ on December 31, 2002. It had approximately 65k miles on it when I purchased it,and in 2 1/2years I have only put on 7k additional miles. Its essentially a weekend ride for me, but I do use it more in the winter months because of the exceptional handling of the TOD 4wd system. I have only replaced the stock battery with a red top optimal battery due to the suggestions that i have read by the majority on this forum. I also had the 60k service performed by the dealer<fred beans isuzu>. I do my own oil changes and have converted to mobil 1 oil and oil filter due to the suggestions that i have read on this forum.
    I remember seeing the Vehicross for the very first time in April 1999 on a dealers lot.......i was struck by the space age appeal that it had and ignorrant as to what was under the hood. The price tag was too much for my wallet "new" but i managed to be able to afford the "used" Vehicross in 2002. The dealer replaced the driver side window regulator for me<free> as a condition of the sale and i glued the rubber around the front headlights myself. All in all I am very happy with my purchase and I hope I can match "Randy from Florida's" mileage on his 99 Ironman....I believe the last post that I read, he had 176k.....WoW!!!! Thanks for listening....Gerry.

I don't know yet,looking to purchase a VX

Thumbs up Hello all.

Hello everybody,I'm not a current VX owner yet,but I hope to be very shortly.First I need to sell my modded 97' Tahoe LT 4wd,before that can happen though.This seems like a great informative site.I've found out more info. on this site then anywhere else.Great job

I bought my VX new off the showroom floor back in 2000.....

It was only after seeing articles about the VX being one of the few futuristic auto-show cars of 93' that made it to the assembly line that I started loving the exterior concept of the vehicle. I had a dream that I was driving one in the mountains, and went and test drove one at the dealership the next weekend. As luck would have it, I have my dream car and it has been a great ride for the last 4+ years.

Hey, Ive been here for a week but i finally got time to do this.

I'm Greg and according to my profile, I live in Napa Valley, CA. I first saw a VX back in '99 when some lady in town bought one. Ever since then i have been intrested in them and such. It just so happened that someone wanted to pay me a lot of money for my previous car ('01 VW Golf 1.8T), so I took that cash and bought a 1999 Silver VX.

I am not new to online forums, but i am new to this site, so bare with me if I sound like a newb here with this car.

I also own a '93 Jeep YJ with to much to list in mod's. Good times...Good times.
    '99 Vehicross - Daily Driver
    '93 Wrangler - Tank in Progress

VehiCROSS in Daytona

Hiya,

I first learned about the VX prior to it's first release when my sister-in-law was looking for a car. I ended up getting a used one in '01 when I stumbled across one at a Ford Dealer when they told me the noise in the new Focus I had was normal. I left with the VX and ditched the Ford.

54,000 mi at $19,500 in July 01 for a '99. Currently has 103,000, an engine overhaul after the started died and usually ends up toting around a back end load of junk for my business most of the time.

Personally, I call mine the Stoopid-mobile, and think that the front end has the basic look of a snake, so I am planning a paint scheme to reflect that someday, just for fun.

John M>

New to the site, but I perused it a few months ago when I was loooking to buy a VX. It didn't turn out, and I'm waiting for the right financial situation to try again.

I have been drooling over the VX since the day it came out, and I even remember seeing Gary Sinese driving a jeep-style VX (no roof, just roll bars) in a movie I saw a couple years ago. I was bummed when I found out it wasn't a production vehicle...

Anyway, I'll be reading and posting as time goes on... And looking for a VX of my own!

Hi all you crazy vx'rs.

I've had my black 99 for bout a yr and half and love it. (except for the costly repair bills). I had never heard or seen one til the day I bought it. I was out perusing car lots, not really sure if I was looking seriously or not, when I saw this odd futuristic looking suv and of course I just had to get a closer look. A quick test drive later and I was the proud owner of "stubby". Thats what we call him since he's so short and fat. I now have a little over a 100,000 miles on him and am finding out how expensive the upkeep is. As much as I love him I'm debating on whether its enough to keep him. My son loves the looks we get everywhere we go, but he hates climbing in and out of the back seat.
    Anyway, I'm going to keep reading the postings here while I make up my mind what to do with him.
    I've seen several vx's here in the Portland Or, Vancouver Wa. area.

Talking Newbie from the Southwest

Hi all...

Ok....I will be the first to admit, I never liked the ISUZU Rodeos, trooopers, nor would date any guy who owned one because they were just boxes on wheels as far as I was concerened (sorry, not trying to hurt feelings).

Well...this all seemd to take a turn last week when my friend bought hers, used (new to her) VehiCROSS....I was in love when she pulled up with it.

Cute and sporty and perfect for my new get around town car....but asked her who it was made by and she said.....ISUZU

Where are you Los Angeles VX'ers.....
    This city is filled with other vehicles, and they all look the same..

So...this is how I found VehiCROSS by searching for used VX's...and your site came up....Kudos for such a nice site....

I would love to make my city a VX'er community, and introduce the gals of the beach to them as well....perfect for my niece too who will be driving soon...

So...long story already long.... , I am off with my friend this afternoon to go used VX shopping and do some major researching here (great site) before I do so. (Found one in silver online that I like already)
    I am soooooo excited, and will fill you in on details upon my adventurous returns.

Quite sure I will have questions, as I am not going to buy today ( I promised I would not), I am going to buy with knowledge first, not becuase I am a girl who can impulse buy in a heartbeat....

Thank you for listening, and thank you for having this site for us gals too...
    Last edited by SW_VX gal : 07/09/2005 at 10:55 AM Reason: I spelled a word wrong

Hi,

Purchased my VX about a month ago. Passenger window failed a few days ago. I Discovered ceramic tab that bolts to regulator at bottom of window became unglued. Probably due to the well documented "window binding" problem. I've done the window fix per the posting I've seen on this site...but what kind of glue/epoxy/sticky-stuff do I use to fasten the ceramic tab back on to the bottom of the window? .

I'm also in the market for a roof rack...Any leads?