Page 187 of 197 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Sorry I don’t. You will probably need to get the clamp points from a salvage yard VX.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Ironman Hood Decals

Hi DanMan
    I am in the process of getting them printed and die cut right now for about 8-9 people
    over on the Facebook Vehicross forum.

I am getting extras, so when they are done I'll put up a post here on VX.info .
    They will run about $50 ish including shipping...and are made from "Racing Yacht Graphics" vinyl
    which is super durable/UV stable etc.. my friend does the graphics for round the world racing yachts etc

Likely in the next month or so...
    Cheers
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by DanMan View Post
    does anyone know where and how to find 1] IRONMAN white lettering for black hood insert 2]siderail roof rack clamping points or entire rack complete as mine are split in half where the cross bars attach.
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoFotoz For This Useful Post:

CatFish (03/19/2018), Thelgord (03/19/2018)

Cool 1st car ever; a VX!!!

Greetings, everyone from beautiful South Carolina! I've just bought my first car, a '99 ebony black VX. I only gave it a quick drive (no plates or insurance), but I could already tell it would be a great car for me to drive. It was $4800 and has got about 113,000 on the odometer, and everything seems fine on it. There are only a few issues: the windows are falling forward when they roll up, and the ABS light is on. Luckily, both of the issues appear to be common, but could someone lead me to the best repair thread? Still getting used to this site! I'm glad to be part of this great car's community!

PS- How do I decipher my VX's VIN? Like how do I find out when in the line mine was made?

Vin: Last four digits is (mostly) associated with the production number. My ‘99 Ebony is 0209. Unfortunately the VX was very limited on options, the vin doesn’t really reflect any options at all. At least not that I can find.

For the window fix, try this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...-VX-window-fix
    --------

Oh! And Congrats! I am sure you will love it! You will also hate it, be frustrated with it, spend countless hours with it... but you will always remember your first.

If you need anything, feel free to ask. I am located in Augusta, GA and there are other members in the SC & GA as well.
    --------

I recommend getting the brackets to fix the window. In the meantime, so you don't damage anything internal, just pull back on the windows manually while you put them up...that will keep them in the track so you don't break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelgord View Post
    Vin: Last four digits is (mostly) associated with the production number. My ‘99 Ebony is 0209. Unfortunately the VX was very limited on options, the vin doesn’t really reflect any options at all. At least not that I can find.

For the window fix, try this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...-VX-window-fix
    Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    I recommend getting the brackets to fix the window. In the meantime, so you don't damage anything internal, just pull back on the windows manually while you put them up...that will keep them in the track so you don't break anything.
    Thanks for the advice with the windows; I'll be sure to get the brackets and a drill when I get the time. What about the ABS light? I've read some things that say it's just an annoyance, and others say it's a serious issue. What's the overall opinion?

Also, what lights should the TOD show when on the road? Just want to be sure I can get everything working properly!

Got the tips on the windows; will be sure to get the brackets and to re-drill the mounting holes. I also did a little research on the ABS light, and it seems I get two different opinions on it. I've heard that it's just a mild annoyance, and doesn't affect the ABS's performance. I've also heard that it means the system no longer is functioning. Which one is true?

Two more quick questions. What setting should the TOD be on when driving on the road? Just want to be sure nothing is acting up. Also, it appears someone drilled a cheap cupholder in the center console. I was able to remove it, but left some ugly holes. What would be the best way to fill those in?

I should've probably started a new thread for this.

Quote Originally Posted by 11justsomekid View Post
    I also did a little research on the ABS light, and it seems I get two different opinions on it. I've heard that it's just a mild annoyance, and doesn't affect the ABS's performance. I've also heard that it means the system no longer is functioning. Which one is true?
    It is possible for either condition to be true. The light just indicates something was detected by the computer. It could be just an intermittent error code, or the system could be completely gone. Get a good OBD2 reader that can read ABS codes.

What setting should the TOD be on when driving on the road? Just want to be sure nothing is acting up.
    Normally, after you get to around 15-20 mph the first light on the TOD display will come on. When you start from a dead stop it is not uncommon for the TOD to come full on for a second or two before going back to 1 or no lights. Once you get a little speed it will illuminate at least teh first set of lights. If you punch it hard from a stop, like a drag race, then they should come on full, and the first two set of lights should stay on at least all the way through 1st gear.

Also, it appears someone drilled a cheap cupholder in the center console. I was able to remove it, but left some ugly holes. What would be the best way to fill those in?
    Not sure. There used to be vinyl furniture repair kits back in the 1980’s to early 1990’s. Maybe something like can fill the holes and not look too terrible.

I should've probably started a new thread for this.
    Proiably, but this is a low traffic site, so as far I am concerened, any traffic is a good thing.
    --------

You can fill the holes in the console or just find another one they are pretty easy to get, if you don't find one here on the forum you can just the Facebook group and see if anyone has a used console for $20 to $50 I would not pay much more that that for one. https://www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606/

Only posted one post thought I would share couple photos. I live in Western Australia not seen one Vehicross ever only mine. Would love to know if any other Aussies have one.
    Can’t fiqure out how to post photos of my vx

It's easier to host them on a different site and hotlink the address.

Quote Originally Posted by petapaulmary View Post
    Only posted one post thought I would share couple photos. I live in Western Australia not seen one Vehicross ever only mine. Would love to know if any other Aussies have one.
    Can’t fiqure out how to post photos of my vx
    Here is a post I did for using Dropbox as an image host.
    http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...r-forum-images
    --------

Cheers looks bloody complicated though.

Everybody likes the vx though they think it strange... in a good way