Page 184 of 197 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post

Keep in mind that the stock 16" tires were actually 265/65R16's, iirc.
    Actually, the original stock 16" tire size was 245/70-16, and the 18" was 245/60-18.
    god that seems tiny.

Hi Everyone,
    Paul from NJ
    Reaching out to introduce myself. I've been a member for a while but haven't been very active. The forum has been wonderful, but I must say I was saddened after coming back after a while to see so many folks have sold their VX and moved on.
    I bought my VX in 2009 from the original owner in St Louis. I found the car on the internet with 48k original miles, flew to St Louis, bought it on the spot and drove it home.
    It now has 65K on the ODO and I'm finally getting around to making some improvements. Better late than never, I guess. For a 16 year old she still runs and looks great.
    It's a pleasure to be a part of the group.
    Cheers!
    Broadkast

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broadkast For This Useful Post:

ipd (05/15/2017), petapaulmary (10/13/2017)

Update on my car in Australia

Lifted 2 inches only and fitted AT Mickey Thompson 265/75/16 my floor to diff has more clearance than my mates patrol and land cruisers sweet👊

Hello From Phoenix, Arizona

Hello! I acquired a 1999 VehiCross today. Purchased it remotely from Colorado where ironically it had been shipped from Phoenix, and had it shipped back down to me

So far am very happy with the purchase, as it is in great shape. Pretty much the only issues are the ABS light (which I understand is par for the course with these), and the passenger window is a bit slow (also a common issue).

I was glad to find this site and forum, as I am pretty late to the game as far as ownership of a VehiCross goes, so it is great to find a wealth of archived information and a still active user base

I don't see an option to upload or embed a photo, so here is a link:
    http://i.imgur.com/7h94v9s.jpg

-Charles

Welcome^

Be careful with the windows. Slowness isn't the problem, it's that they tilt forward, away from the track...and the motor has to work super hard to try and get it up. A jury-rigged workaround is to pull the window back manually as it raises.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Hello! I acquired a 1999 VehiCross today. Purchased it remotely from Colorado where ironically it had been shipped from Phoenix, and had it shipped back down to me

So far am very happy with the purchase, as it is in great shape. Pretty much the only issues are the ABS light (which I understand is par for the course with these), and the passenger window is a bit slow (also a common issue).

I was glad to find this site and forum, as I am pretty late to the game as far as ownership of a VehiCross goes, so it is great to find a wealth of archived information and a still active user base

I don't see an option to upload or embed a photo, so here is a link:
    http://i.imgur.com/7h94v9s.jpg

-Charles
    Welcome to the forum,

There is an easy adjustment you can do to re-align the windows so they roll up straight, if nothing is broken this should correct the slow or binding window problem. It worked for mine.
    http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...ght=new+window

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Just a possible quick fix on the windows if they are just slow ....

Spray silicone liberally in the tracks,rubber grooves etc...and along window rubber at bottom.
    Run window up and down a few times to "spread' it.
    usually fixes slow windows.

Welcome to the addiction

Cheers
    Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Charles- I live about 90 miles North of Phoenix, but get to the valley often. I had a VX for 5 yrs, but now have a Trooper. Hope to meet you one day.

The window issue can also be that the clips that hold the glass to the raising mechanism have broken, or it can be a combination of the issues everyone mentioned above. There's a guy in Apache Junction that makes and sells some metal brackets custom fit for the VX to replace the broken or weak plastic clips. Here's a link to his site selling them. His name is Tim. I had him personally install my brackets since I lived close enough. I had them installed before my clips broke. I think probably more than half of all VXers now have these "SBC" brackets installed.
    http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Welcome to the forum,

There is an easy adjustment you can do to re-align the windows so they roll up straight, if nothing is broken this should correct the slow or binding window problem. It worked for mine.
    Thanks for that tip, I will definitely investigate the tracks and regulator mount to see if that's the case. I don't have one of those "special tools" that most people use to pop the plastic clips that commonly hold door panels on - I haven't even investigated to see if the VCross uses those are not - if so I imagine I will probably need to get some extra ones as I wouldn't be surprised if a few broke while trying to get them release.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Welcome to the forum,

Thanks for that tip, I will definitely investigate the tracks and regulator mount to see if that's the case. I don't have one of those "special tools" that most people use to pop the plastic clips that commonly hold door panels on - I haven't even investigated to see if the VCross uses those are not - if so I imagine I will probably need to get some extra ones as I wouldn't be surprised if a few broke while trying to get them release.

Hi Charles- I live about 90 miles North of Phoenix, but get to the valley often. I had a VX for 5 yrs, but now have a Trooper. Hope to meet you one day.

The window issue can also be that the clips that hold the glass to the raising mechanism have broken, or it can be a combination of the issues everyone mentioned above. There's a guy in Apache Junction that makes and sells some metal brackets custom fit for the VX to replace the broken or weak plastic clips. Here's a link to his site selling them. His name is Tim. I had him personally install my brackets since I lived close enough. I had them installed before my clips broke. I think probably more than half of all VXers now have these "SBC" brackets installed.
    Thanks for that info! Can you share how much the installation charge was? I may just get that done. I used to love to do my own work, but it seems the older I get the less tolerance I have for getting overheated and frustrated, LOL. It doesn't help that my collection of tools is minimal, so I am often using the wrong tool for the job, which just adds to the misery

Proton JDM Canada

Steve, here, purchased a 98 proton 3 months ago with 100,000 km which previous owner had painted matte black on outside body only. It still has the proton yellow inside hood and doors. It now has 120,000km after a couple of trips to Yukon and multiple runs out to my gold claims. Awesome vehicle for prospecting.

I reached out to Tim, and sadly he says he no longer does the installs as his time and shop space is now dedicated to his full-time business. He does still sell them though - I guess I will have to print out his installation instructions and bring them around to various other shops and see if they would be willing to do it. I'd give it a try myself but my tools and workspace are very limited for the time being.

What's up with the "maintenance" messages I keep seeing?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Scott/Moncha has been working on the glitches/format re shuffle etc etc.

I was getting the same "notice" , But it seems better now

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]