Page 180 of 197 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I think what a lot of people looked at was the original MSRP on the VX and a Wrangler, and immediately decided that the VX was an overpriced POS. And to the untrained eye, that makes sense. To those who actually checked what features that TJ's had--compared to what the VX had--could easily justify the price difference. Plus the VX has more power (215/230 on the 6VE1 vs. 190/235 on the last-gen 4.0 Powertech I6). But enough about what you probably already know. The real kicker is that the VX basically inspired the entire SUV modern-exterior-design market. Nakamura immediately designed the Murano with the same spirit of lines that was pioneered by the VX. And currently, everything from Mazda to Audi has taken the "sports car SUV" idea that the VX started.

Except that the VX is body on frame. And was the first with TOD. And has coilovers to back it up. So basically, even if mine rusts out, I'm going to weld more and more steel onto it and keep it. I want to be buried in it.

Quote Originally Posted by livinlrge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ipd View Post
    Welcome. If I have any personal disdain for jeep owners, it's usually because I keep running into elitism amongst their ranks. Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.
    Thanks.. and I've never talked smack about other 4x4s. ALWAYS a chance I needed to be helped out. Just loved the wrangler since I was little. And have owned 7 different jeep models. (My favorite was the 1990 Wagoneer with the fake wood paneling ). But, I'm not a mud guy (bogging is huge in Fl) o want trails (very few local) and inclines (not many of those in Fl).
    Come to Moab and do some trails with us http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...or-details-etc if not this year next year, or come to Colorado we have lots a trails to do.

Hi All

Just a quick hello from across the water... London.

Delighted to have just bought a Metallic Red Vehicross, 50,000 miles... funnily enough it's the car owned by a former member here...

Loved the car from afar many years but expected it to drive like a boat! I was wrong... In fact it seems like a really great, sporty drive and am loving it.

Previous owner put a sports exhaust on so that V6 sounds sweet too.

Looking forward to browsing through the many excellent forums here... information not super-easy to find here and I suspect interior trim parts especially will be tough where they're specific to UK right hand drive.

In case anyone has a quick answer (and of course in due course I'll post question on the correct threads), does anyone know of a good parts source in Japan? I have a right hand drive dash piece to replace!

And... I already saw loads of discussion (threads running several years) on restoring the plastic bumper parts to a solid colour! Has a conclusion been reached?

Anyway, thanks to you all for creating this amazing VX meeting place.

Best from London
    Niall.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Niallhs For This Useful Post:

siemprelisto (05/13/2016)

Hello All,

I am a proud owner of a 2001 VX in Kaiser Silver with 135k down in Houston. I used to own a 1989 Isuzu Amigo as a work truck and then someone made me "a deal I can't refuse" on it. That was a fun truck (lifted, 2wd and oversized tires) and thanks to it I had to have another Isuzu for a replacement and came across this VX. I've always loved the body style and have heard/seen the videos of their off road prowess. I used to own a Camaro and I get more stares and "gas station admirers" in this vehicle than I did in the Camaro.

I look forward to using this website and talking to the community. I do have a lot of the "common problems" associated with the VX: windows coming off regulators, ABS light and some minor cosmetic blemishes so I will be doing a lot of thread searches for these fixes. Thank you for having me!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da...um/Igor_VX.jpg

Looks like you lucked out. The markers & turns have already been swapped for clears. Headlights don't look too hazy, but that could also be because someone treated them recently. If so, they won't have any UV protection, so it will happen again unless you have a method to protect them. Can't speak to the quality of the step bar...most on here have forgone them in favor of rock sliders.

Welcome to the addiction!

Thank you! Swapping those markers and turn signal lenses was mod #1. I don't know the story on the headlights, but I have installed the UV protection film just in case. The side steps came with the VX and are pretty useless as is; they don't stick out enough to be useful. I'm debating either removing them or adding shims to make them stick out and have some function.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Welcome. If I have any personal disdain for jeep owners, it's usually because I keep running into elitism amongst their ranks. Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.
    Thanks.. and I've never talked smack about other 4x4s. ALWAYS a chance I needed to be helped out. Just loved the wrangler since I was little. And have owned 7 different jeep models. (My favorite was the 1990 Wagoneer with the fake wood paneling ). But, I'm not a mud guy (bogging is huge in Fl) o want trails (very few local) and inclines (not many of those in Fl).
    Come to Moab and do some trails with us http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...or-details-etc if not this year next year, or come to Colorado we have lots a trails to do.
    Yeah. If I come to Colorado .. I'm not leaving. I love it out west. (Lived a few years in AZ) BUT, Moab is a def next year

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    If I come to Colorado... Im never leaving. I love it out west. Lived in AZ for a few years as a kid, but havemissed it ever since

2000 vx

Hello Fellow VX owner's I am Tyler n i owned y VX for 4 years now n love it to death my wife thinks I love it more then I do her witch it almost true but don't tell her that lol but any ways I've done all the mods my self to my VX n I got to say I love the way it looks n love how everyone looks when I'm driving down the road but I would put pictures up but idk how to do it with my phone

New to the forum..
    My names Butch and my wife is Kelly.
    We bought our 1st VX about a month back looking for a back road, rock bouncing, exploring, vehicle that had creature comforts.
    I found a stock VX after remembering these. now I'm fixing, modifying and making it ours.
    We live in the Angeles forest and are close to the desert.
    So far we have put close to a 1000 miles on it and at least 800 miles have been in the dirt like, Afton canyon, Kelbaker, Calico, Angeles forest, San Berardino forest. I'm a ex desert racer and just love showing my wife where I go on dirt bikes.

Mods so far have been, big tires, adjustable shocks, roof rack, light bars, axles, tried electric fan but.. Had to go back to the airplane propeller with sound. Lol.

This forum seems great to see how people are modifying their VX's !!

Thanks for letting me join..
    Now back to my freaking Windows..
    Where do I buy new plastic slider do dads ?
    Butch

Hello my name is Eric. It took me 10 years to find my VX. I flew into Arizona on a one way ticket and drove it back to Corpus Christi Tx. Initial repairs to the VX were Windows and stereo. I installed the OME 912's and new ARB shocks for the 3ish" lift. I took the 15" snowflakes off my 90 Isuzu pickup and had 31" Duratracs mounted. After the lift was finished we discovered the very tired axles. That was a chore to replace. So now it's should be ready for the easier bolt ons. Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the VX forum, if you have not fixed you windows yet here is some info that might help.
    http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...new+window+fix

Quote Originally Posted by Nikad92397 View Post
    New to the forum..
    My names Butch and my wife is Kelly.
    We bought our 1st VX about a month back looking for a back road, rock bouncing, exploring, vehicle that had creature comforts.
    I found a stock VX after remembering these. now I'm fixing, modifying and making it ours.
    We live in the Angeles forest and are close to the desert.
    So far we have put close to a 1000 miles on it and at least 800 miles have been in the dirt like, Afton canyon, Kelbaker, Calico, Angeles forest, San Berardino forest. I'm a ex desert racer and just love showing my wife where I go on dirt bikes.

Mods so far have been, big tires, adjustable shocks, roof rack, light bars, axles, tried electric fan but.. Had to go back to the airplane propeller with sound. Lol.

This forum seems great to see how people are modifying their VX's !!

Thanks for letting me join..
    Now back to my freaking Windows..
    Where do I buy new plastic slider do dads ?
    Butch

Thank you.
    I went my own way on my Windows and so far they are working great.
    I used a Teflon cutting board for parts to cut up and make big sliders/ holders/ adjusters and they are working like new, oooops, Better than new.. Lol

Butch,
    Here's the link to the site offering modified window brackets for the VX. Installation instructions are also available on the site. I'm not sure if this answers your "plastic slider do dads" question, but these brackets sure fixed my window issues.
    Good luck!
    http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.html

Hi all!

True to my word, I was able to finally rescue a high mile VX that was destined for destruction. Being in rough shape, I've set out to clean up and restore the vehicle to its original glory. I'm now the proud owner of a 2000 Ebony VX with 189,000 miles. The vehicle needs new seats, driver's handle (of course), door panels, window tracks, door seals, various interior trim pieces, and all of the usual maintenance, but I'm on track towards making this vehicle great again. I'm going to be doing some really neat mods to it that I'm sure everyone will want to know about, some of these include: reverse camera with hidden monitor in the rear view mirror, push button ignition and proximity keyless entry, sound dampening throughout, sun visors with lights, improved interior lighting, custom brush guard and skid plates, and more! I'll take pictures all along the way, but I'm glad to be a part of the group.

Lance