Page 15 of 197 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

new

This site is amazing. It ahs everything. My name is Dustin and I am 20 and live in Anchorage, Alaska. I bought my vehicross about 2 months ago. I was in the market for a new car. When I saw this at the dealership I new I had to have it. I have had 19 differant vehicles since age 15 and i like thes better than all of them put together. I love my vx and cant stop putting $ into it. I'm now an addict. Thanks for all the helpful info.
    -Dustin

Hey there....

New Vehicross owner here... Not a new VX of course, but a '99 ebony which has been beat about pretty well. A bit of a fixer upper you might say. I say, "I've been wanting one of these for a long time, and the price was reasonable" So I fanally have a Vehicross.... Back in '99 I dragged my wife to the local Isuzu dealership to check out the new VX's... She tolerates my caraholism pretty well, but with a price tag of $32K, it just wasnt going to happen... Not just then at any rate., but I knew.... some day.... Well that day has come! As a long time Isuzu customer I consider the VX to be the best thing Isuzu has ever done... ( Dont even get me started on the pathetic state of affairs Isuzu seems to have found itsself in lately.... So sad...)
    I've owned "86 Trooper, '88 trooper SE, '89 Amigo, '89 Amigo XS 4x4, and currently own a '95 Trooper(Paris Dakar Limited edition, black) As nice as a trooper gets.... But it aint no Vehicross! Am I right ? Yea? Allright! I won't bore you all with the list of cars I've owned,(it would take all night) just the pertinent ones! I also currently own a '94 Dodge Cummins 4x4.... (will somebody please tell me where I can buy Biodiesel?) and a '97 Jeep Wrangler(rockcrawler) I guess the Vehicross is as close to driving a 'car' as I'm gonna get!
    Catch ya'll later!
    "Never attribute to malice, that which
    can be explaned as stupidity".....

No VX but check out my Axiom

Hello everyone, my name is Mike and i don't have a VX but i do have a 2002 Axiom XS that i have started to extensivly modify. I started with a set of 20x9 Chrome Eco Evos with 275/45/20 Goodyaer GT2s.
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...vers_front.jpg

Then i added a 2002 WRX hood scoop that i made functional to aid in "flushing" the engine bay air to help keep it cool after my turbo project.

I am in the middle of a system install where i am building custom fiberglass boxes for 1 12" suba and my EQ, i mounted two jbl amps in the hatch. I had to replace the stock shocks with stronger stainless shocks with custom machined brackets.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...s_in_hatch.jpg
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...ck_bracket.jpg

here is a link to the thread about my fiberglass boxes:
    http://www.fordexplorer.net/viewtopi...351&highlight=

I am also in the middle of machining new center caps for my Wheels, since i hate the orignal ones, here is a link to that thread:
    http://www.fordexplorer.net/viewtopi...618&highlight=

The next big project is the turbo kit. I will be building a complete custm stainless kit for a single Garrett T3/T4 turbo, i will be using a custom intercooler i built, morgan-tec muffler, HKS blow off valve, Greddy boost controller, Defi gauges in a custom modified stock A piller gauge pod, 16" electric fan, etc. I am fully expecting around 300hp at the tires since i am going to be running around 8-10 psi. I was going to go with the Alpine S/C but for the money i can build a sweet turbo kit and be a lot different and faster.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/195531/turbo1.jpg

So please let me know what ya think of my Axiom and feel free to ask any performance related ? since that is my field.

;Dr;
    Last edited by morgan-tec : 05/04/2004 at 07:58 PM
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Happy new owner

I am the proud new owner of this incredible VX.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...&threadid=3606

I've been eyeing this board for a couple months now, as well as autotrader and ebay. Although I wasn't exactly ready to purchase one just yet, this seemed too good to pass up. So after about a month of whining and begging, my wonderful wife gave in and let me get it.

On the three hour ride home, I'm not sure if a smile ever left my face. The exhaust on this thing is killer. It has a rumble that stands out to say the least. I got home shortly after midnight, been up since about 7am. Spent at least 1/2 hour after I got home cleaning up the bugs that didn't evade my front end on the freeway. And now spending time telling the VX community that I am finally part of it, when I have to be to work at 6am.

And So the Obsession Begins...

new guy

I`ve wanted a VX since I read the 1st reports in the magazines several years ago.Well,last Thursday evening,I was perusing the newspaper and one was listed at a local Infinity dealership.I got up the next morning at 4:30 and went to look at it.Two hours later I went back to look at it.Three other men were in the lot stalking the VX also,and this was 6:30 in the morning.At 10:30 I went back and took a test drive.I had to have this thing!It only had 45K miles on it.I offered the salesman $12K,he accepted,and I gave him a $500 cash deposit to get it off the lot and start the paperwork(I had to get to work).Six hours later,I became the proud owner of a 99 black Vehicross.This thing really turns heads.I also own a two-tone `73 VW Thing,but the VX gets much more attention!
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -HST

Unhappy car wrecked - looking for parts

Hi all!
    I came across this site though google, and it seems to be a very helpful and useful.
    I'm from Russia, and I'm in great need of some parts for my white VX, which has been in a serious accident. If anyone could recommend a dealer/vendor in NY/NJ area (or anywhere around) whom i could buy them from, I'd be very thankful. I need front fenders, front bumper, hood, radiator - everything that can be damaged in a head-on collision.
    Any reply regarding where those can be ordered would be very appreciated. Dealers don't have to be able to ship to Russia, that will be taken care of by my friend in the States.

Proud New Owner

Hello Everyone.

I have just purchased my first VX. I have wanted one since first seeing the commercials on TV. The VX is a 2001, Ebony Black with 24000 miles. It is in excellent condition, and can't wait to add personal touches to it. This webiste is full of information and I hope to extract as much as I can to make my VX my own. Look forward to sharing information with all of you.

Thumbs up new VX owner

I just purchased my '01 Ebony VX last Friday. It's in almost perfect showroom condition, and I feel like I got a good deal on a great vehicle. I'm spending the next few days installing my stereo equipment (if I can find a spot for the 2nd amp), then I'll start making my list of "essential mods". First is a 2" receiver hitch!

Thanks for a good site with great information! Would like to meet up with anyone here from the Houston, TX area!

Eric Underwood
    Houston (Katy), TX

Exclamation ME!

I'm an electronic musician and perl programmer, and purchased my Black 99 VX last September. I've loved every moment since, and I've loved lurking on this board. I have a couple of pics of stuff I've done to my VX and the things I want to do.

After visiting this site regularly for nearly a year while I looked for the right VX, I finally purchased one on Ebay and last week drove it from Long Island, NY to Michigan. The seller was great and the vehicle is everything I thought it would be. I've owned 240Zs, CJ-5s and a Rodeo and this is better engineered and more fun by far. This site is outstanding and lots of help. Seems like there are some pretty nice people involved and I'm looking forward to meeting a few and seeing if the VX can handle the dunes on Lake Michigan...and some other challenges. Like many others I need a roof rack and will be looking for the best bike carrier for my Tone 2" hitch/receiver. Keep up the great site and I'll keep visiting for good advice.

What a trip

Typing this from the road. Drove from Philly to Boston to buy my Foxfire VX. 2001, garage kept beauty with only 12000 miles.

Mass. is a pain in the butt to buy a car in if you're from out of state. No temporary transfer plates to legally drive it home

Had to find an auto transport company and drop it off at a holding depot 15 minutes after it was mine that was run by two hillbillies that looked like they dropped out of the movie "Deliverance";eekg;

Gonna drive home today and pray that it shows up next week

Made it home

Arrived home without my VX. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive; it could be quite a while before a truck comes our way.

I'm really excited about it coming and wish I could have driven it home. It was just too far to go without legal plates however.

I really tried to figure out a way to drive it. PA won't let you register a car until you show up title in hand and MA has no temp plate whatsoever (hard to believe - seems like common sense to have one - of course in Boston they don't believe in road signs either).

Mass. seems very unfriendly to out of state car buyers. If you're a resident of MA you can drive for 10 days with another car's plates on your vehicle (to get it home) but it's not OK to swap out of state plates. It's illegal to swap out of state plates to the car until it's really registered in that state (I talked to two MA state troopers and the Mass. RMV to be sure about this).

The only legal way to get a car you just bought out of MA is to flatbed it or have dealer plates.

Go figure.

So I wait with my fingers crossed; wish me luck.
    Last edited by jimbo : 05/31/2004 at 10:51 AM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking Hello fellow VX'ers

Hello out there in VX land,
    I first saw the VX as a Hotwheels car & thought it was kinda cool, then forgot about it.......until Feb.2002
    I was driving by a local "used" lot when I saw "IT"....a test drive & some wheeling & dealing on the price & It was on!
    Upside: VX w/ 8750 on the clock. Great truck, LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Downside: Had to sign papers & take delivery the day my dad died (other interested party).
    A yr. & change later I'm glad to be a VX'er & look forward to getting to know y'all.
    Last edited by Ldub : 08/23/2006 at 02:08 AM

LDubya,

Nice to know ya. I missed this thread before, so consider this a belated introduction of myself:

My name is Steve. You all know the story of how I found my VX (I started a thread on it). Been a VX'er for a few weeks now,and I'm lovin' it.

Hi!
    Steve

Talking New member

Hi yall, just signed up as a "site supporter"!!! I just drove my second VX home this monday-a Proton 2001 that is in mint condition.