Page 157 of 197 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

ZAVior, the "winter" button won't stay depressed when you push it. It should, however, light up a "winter mode" light on the dash but that light could be out. Like PK said, the winter mode starts the VX off in third gear to avoid wheel slippage on slick roads. After about 10-15 mph the winter mode turns itself off and the VX should act normally until you come to a stop at which point it turns itself on again to start you out in third gear. Maybe try pressing the button again (just once) at your next stop and see if it helps any.

I'm hoping that that is the easy fix, but if you had your fluid checked, and topped off correctly (there is quite an involved process for filling a VX transmission) and the issue still persists, then it may be something else. As others have said, the mode selector switch may be going out, but when that has happened to others here, the gear selector lights usually go a little hay wire, flashing back and forth. The mode switch is fairly easy to get to, take apart, clean and put back in so that might be the next "easy fix" to try.

Good luck and welcome. Always good to see another CO VXer in the mix.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Talking Hello im new today!

I bought my vehicross yesterday. I named it Frankenstein. It has been hacked up and put back together using a dodge 4x4 for all the doner parts. Part of me said don't by it. The other part didn't listen. I need some help, a few parts, & some love. I need to post some pics of Frankenstein its on roids.

Looking forward to seeing those pix. We need to have you park Frankenstein next to Marlin-stein for some pix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Help! How do I post pics of Frankenstein? My computer died, all I have is a smart phone with pics.

From Home Page:

Gallery => Gallery Links => Upload Photos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Tom, I figured it out this morning. I have 2 pics in my gallery .

WOW. I need to see more pictures of that thing. I see a solid axle up front and a different axle out back (leaf springs?). How much of the original running gear is left on the VX or is it all Dodge now?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    WOW. I need to see more pictures of that thing. I see a solid axle up front and a different axle out back (leaf springs?). How much of the original running gear is left on the VX or is it all Dodge now?
    Every thing was cut off the VX frame. Yes its all dodge running gear now, including the 360 V8. I need to get more pics loaded on here. The leaf springs and shock towers look like like Isuzu put them on. Most of the welds are very nice.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    WOW......

Thats an interesting ride, and Frankenstein is so apt!

Pics of underneath would be awesome..and engine...
    ..... and ......well....EVERYTHING!!

If I read you right..its basically a body swap onto the 4X4 dodge frame.

I'm super interested in this as my eventual goal is to put a VX body...

...on an early ( 70-74 ish ) Bronco / 302 V8 rolling chassis.

May I ask what you paid for it...

...and suggest you open a whole new thread on it!!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A thread on Frankenstein is a great idea. It still has the VX frame. I need to take more pics. I found some trxus mt 33" tires in my basement. I will put them on tomorrow. Jo I am a early bronco addic, but Frankenstein has a hook in me.
    Last edited by Frankenstein : 11/07/2013 at 07:54 PM

Hi Everyone!

Greetings VXers!

Yesterday I finally picked up a VX to call my own, a 2000 Kaiser Silver on Gray interior.

I've owned a '98 Rodeo 5-speed that I've lifted and had many years of fun with in the snow and very mild off-roading with. Unfortunately, 15 years of New England winters have taken their toll on her frame, and I've just about run out of interest (and skill) to properly repair her.

Once I joined the planetisuzoo forums and started lurking around and reading about various members' Troopers, Rodeos, and eventually the rare Vehicross, I knew I had to pick one up should one come up for sale in these parts. I had a near miss a year or so ago - one in great shape on craigslist, but alas the price wasn't within reach (of neither my wallet nor my conscience).

This season I've been more fortunate and I was able to scoop one up practically down the street from my house. She's a little rough around the edges - transfer case might be a time bomb, a couple interior pieces missing or broken, the driver's seatback doesn't work right, etc. But she's mine!

After being inspired by VT_Maverick and BigMeatVX's 5-speed swaps, I'm even more excited for the future of this girl. Surely I'll be wandering through the salvage thread to repair her many blemishes, but I can't wait.

PS. I would appreciate any attention my thread on the transfer case you guys would be willing to give!

Bought my VX 6 days ago!

My name is Angela and I have admired and adored these cars since they were introduced. Finally at a place (Montana) and point in my life to buy one! Found mine on ebay....it was in Madison WI so me and a buddy flew out from Bozeman this past Saturday and got home on Tuesday night. My VX is a 2001 Proton Yellow, #1095, and in perfect condition! Has all manuals and a dealer brochure too! 85K on the odo......I'm madly in love...drives awesome and getting new tires tomorrow! Found this forum from Facebook page. Glad to be an owner finally! Its gonna be a great rig for MT....snow tomorrow...oh yeah

I'm here.

My son and I are afflicted with the "car" disease. VX's were always interesting. I would look around, CL, eBay, etc. And finally found one near by in Spokane Washington. My afflicted son is an engineering student at gonzaga and we put together a scheme to get a look before the seller showed the rig to the masses. He took some cash and was suppose to call me when he was getting introduced to the rig. He texted me on the way back to school and said "done deal dad". Two weeks later I was there, drove our prize back to Olympia, a little shop time getting some sorely needed service and its off to the races. Still needs some nagging repairs. The windows suck, no sound system. That really about it except for the exhaust.

Welcome jarruda, VXN8N, falknvx. I liked reading your different stories on how Y'all became VX'rs. You should fit in our little family quite nicely. Best of luck on your approaches to making your rigs unique to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VX bug bit me this week

I am currently living in the Lowcountry of SC and planning to spend the winter in the NC Blue Ridge. So I'll need a vehicle that can handle snow, ice, and mountains. Once the VX appeared on my horizon, I haven't been able to see anything else.
    Any purchasing advice will be greatly appreciated!