Page 151 of 197 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

New to the VX

Hi all; Andrew here. Just joined yesterday as I'm looking to buy a VX of my own. I know there are so many threads , and have already read through of a few of what to look for when buying one, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything (within reason, of course).

I'm no stranger to annoying car problems (as a current owner of a Mercury Mountaineer [aka Explorer]) nor am I too shy about what I drive (my first car was a Dodge Dakota sport convertible [still own it]), so I feel somewhat comfortable in what I may be getting myself into. That said, I know that I don't know very much; so if there are some important points, links to threads, or anything that might get me pointed in the right direction, it would be well appreciated. I don't want to make anyone repeat themselves any more than they might have already!

Quote Originally Posted by Plannin View Post
    Hi all; Andrew here. Just joined yesterday as I'm looking to buy a VX of my own. I know there are so many threads , and have already read through of a few of what to look for when buying one, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything (within reason, of course).

I'm no stranger to annoying car problems (as a current owner of a Mercury Mountaineer [aka Explorer]) nor am I too shy about what I drive (my first car was a Dodge Dakota sport convertible [still own it]), so I feel somewhat comfortable in what I may be getting myself into. That said, I know that I don't know very much; so if there are some important points, links to threads, or anything that might get me pointed in the right direction, it would be well appreciated. I don't want to make anyone repeat themselves any more than they might have already!
    Hi Andrew!
    Give us a hint as to how you will be using your VX when and if you buy one. 100% pavement, 100% off-road or a percentage of both? Briefly this car handles best on pavement, not to say that it is a horror story off-road. It is a truck and is a stiff riding baby as delivered from the factory. Most of us have done suspension mods to suit our individual tastes. Be prepared to spend a bit more for gas and oil because of it being a full time 4 wheel drive. Personally that doesn't bother me because I love the uniqueness of the car. Being that it has a gazillion sensors you will be kept busy to a degree when they act erratically, but you can find plenty of help in here. So, go for it! Happy hunting!
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Welcome to the forum plannin! Got just what you need!

Since this is a group of enthusiasts we put together a pretty detailed checklist/questionnaire very specific to the VX and covers many issues that have arisen over time since the model is basically 10+ yrs old on average.
    We thought a prospective buyer would be interested in this so you know what to ask about/look for.
    Pick and choose what you want from it.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...4&postcount=24

Good luck in your search.
    Always a bunch of helpful people to answer questions too!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Welcome to the forum plannin! Got just what you need!

Since this is a group of enthusiasts we put together a pretty detailed checklist/questionnaire very specific to the VX and covers many issues that have arisen over time since the model is basically 10+ yrs old on average.
    We thought a prospective buyer would be interested in this so you know what to ask about/look for.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it. Good one Kat
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Hello! I'm Mark from south Atlanta, GA. I have always admired the VX, but just recently started thinking about owning one myself. As a DeLorean owner/enthusiast, I am drawn to quirky, unique vehicles. My daily driver is a '10 FJ Cruiser, which I am trying to sell. I have started the search for my first VX, and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and advice on this forum.

Welcome Mark & good luck with your search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
    Hello! I'm Mark from south Atlanta, GA. I have always admired the VX, but just recently started thinking about owning one myself. As a DeLorean owner/enthusiast, I am drawn to quirky, unique vehicles. My daily driver is a '10 FJ Cruiser, which I am trying to sell. I have started the search for my first VX, and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and advice on this forum.
    Sharpsburg, huh? My daughter just moved out of Sharpsburg. I used to visit about once a year, but you probably never saw my Proton VX because I didn't drive it much while there. My ex-wife still owns the house on Braves Crossing Ct in Sharpsburg. I own a house (rental) in Newnan. Small world!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Sharpsburg, huh? My daughter just moved out of Sharpsburg. I used to visit about once a year, but you probably never saw my Proton VX because I didn't drive it much while there. My ex-wife still owns the house on Braves Crossing Ct in Sharpsburg. I own a house (rental) in Newnan. Small world!
    Small world indeed - I live just a mile north of Braves Crossing Ct. on the same road (Fischer)! Nope, I don't recall seeing a Proton around here yet. I was wondering if there is any sort of Atlanta or Southeast owner's group with tech sessions or meetups that I could attend to learn more before taking the plunge - or even a generous local owner who would like to introduce me to theirs.

Small world indeed - I live just a mile north of Braves Crossing Ct. on the same road (Fischer)! Nope, I don't recall seeing a Proton around here yet. I was wondering if there is any sort of Atlanta or Southeast owner's group with tech sessions or meetups that I could attend to learn more before taking the plunge - or even a generous local owner who would like to introduce me to theirs.
    Here's a list of all members in GA, of course many are not active. But you can glance at the "last visit" and see if they might be active.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/mem....php?do=getall

I can think of one member that's really knowledgeable in Atlanta!
    ~johnnyapollo - johnny is an original owner and knows tons and tons AND TONS of info and has an amazingly detailed website: http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/

and blog:
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com
    VX KAT
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanks VX KAT!

Thanks VX KAT!

Might also want to check out the questionnaire:

VX KAT

New purchase 99 Astral

Hello All,
    I just purchased a 99 Astral. I purchased it in Boston and flew my oldest (18) and his best friend up to pick it up and drive it back to its new home in St Pete Beach,FL. Only 76k and looks great...one owner who took good care of her.

Boys made it home safe and sound after nights in Boston, NYC, DC and Savannah. Not bad for a graduation road trip in a VX.

Only burned 1/4 qt in 950 mi so I am happy. Still going to try some of the suggestions here to see if I can cut that to zero. Looking forward to reading and posting on here. Glad this site is done so well. Bill

Just to update on my previous posts, today I purchased a 2000 Dragon Green VX #432. It has some issues (ABS light, check engine light, cracked windshield, etc), but I'll get it sorted out. And so, our adventure begins...

Grats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

[QUOTE=Mark C;283077]Just to update on my previous posts, today I purchased a 2000 Dragon Green VX #432. It has some issues (ABS light, check engine light, cracked windshield, etc), but I'll get it sorted out. And so, our adventure begins...[/QUO

Had the same three problems. ABS light (don't care), Check engine light (replaced gas cap), Cracked windshield (don't care). You might try the same, lol.