Page 14 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Me too!

Sorry, forgot to introduce myself.
    01 VX yellow, 27K mileage, paid 17.5K for it.
    And I am loving it, although the binding windowing is killing me!

Greetings to all,

Just got my VX two days ago – 2001 Ironman with 18K on it for 16 thou. Fell in love at the first test drive (truth be told, well before that . . . ). A hearty thanks to all who run this place – I’ve learned a whole lot already!

I'm a high school history teacher in Fauquier County, Va. My wife and I live at the top of a fairly mountainous subdivision, so I was looking for a serious 4x4. My wife's CRV is ok for your average bad weather, but last year we got 41" of snow in a single storm here, so I wanted something beefier. I've always loved the looks of the VX, and the more I read, the better it seemed. Got in mine, took her for a spin . . . SOLD! Of course, I also find it kinda cool to think that I own one of 86 2001 Ironman editions ever made!

Thanks again for all the info I found here - I'm looking forward to a lot of fun with my new ride. My students already think its the coolest thing ever . . .

Regards,

Ron
    2001 Ironman #1109

hey everyone Me and my wife stumbled across a vehicross at a dealer on sunday the 22nd of feb. 2004. We both fell in love with it the minute we saw it. We have been building the little imports (the fast and furios cars)(I hate that saying) for about 6 years and wanted something bigger. We were so fed up with the everyday SUV's we were looking at then we saw this wonderfull car. Needless to say we saw it on sun. bought it monday night. Love it. It is a 2000 silver grey interior 47,000 miles on it. I can not even describe how much me and my wife love this car. I am sure she will be on here alot being that she gets to drive the car everyday. I only get to drive it after I get off and go home. Glad to see there are more people that love these cars as much as i do.

We have been building the little imports (the fast and furios cars)(I hate that saying) for about 6 years and wanted something bigger.

So, are you guys going to mod your VX? There is a pretty strong interest in useful original mods hereabouts.

I only get to drive it after I get off and go home.

Funny, I usually go home first.

Cool

My wife was thinking about getting a small SUV (our 16 year old daughter took over the '95 Tracker) when I saw this 1999 Silver VX for sale. Took pictures of it and showed my wife. That night, 2/23/04, after dinner we called the couple that was selling the VX and drove 45 mintues to test drive it. Tonight 2/26/04 it is sitting in our garage. And no the teenagers don't get to drive this one.
    We are looking forward to checking out the four wheel drive on the way to skiing.

The interior on our VX was changed from black & red to black & gray. We have the red steering wheel, side panels and red leather seat inserts, if somebody could use these maybe we could make a deal.

Aloha

Wanted to say "Hello" to the club members. I just purchased a 1999 VX. I found it on a web search at a local dealership (Atlanta). They didn't really know what it was - had never seen one before they took this one in on a trade. I had first seen the VX in 1999. At that time, I had just purchased a new '99 Nissan pickup. Three days after buying the pickup, I happened to drive by an Isuzu dealership and noticed a VX they had on their lot. I stopped to take a look at it and was immediately drawn to the design of the vehicle. I did a little research after that to learn a little more about the VX. At any rate, the pickup and I were together for five years, but recently I decided to get rid of it. I looked at some other "popular" SUV models, but they all seemed to be stamped out of the same mold. However, in the back of my mind, I always remembered that first VX I looked at five years ago. So from the web search I found the '99, drove it, and bought it. No modifications to report, other than new CD system. Being a first-time owner, I may have several less than intelligent questions over the next few months. I've read several of the posts on this site, and you guys really seem to know your stuff, so hope you will bear with me. While I'm at it, I might as well ask my first question.

My VX is in good mechanical condition, has been well maintained and runs well. The ride was improved with a new set of Bridgestone Duelers. Here's my question: The temperature guage consistently runs steady within the normal range. However, I've noticed that the engine puts off a lot of heat, and requires a heck of long time to disipate that heat once it's shut off. Can you guys give me some feedback as to whether this is normal for the VX 3.5L-V6? Would really appreciate any comments.

Ya'll have a good one.
    Triple X

Wink The GRYPHINMOBILE

I always wanted an Amigo. When the time came in May 1999 I started a little research into invoice pricing, dealerships, etc. etc.. That is when I found the VX or, as it is known to my friends and family, the GRYPHINMOBILE.

For those of you who may not know, a gryphin has the head, talons, and wings of a giant eagle and the body of a lion. The gryphin is able to fly like a bird yet has the strength and power of the lion. It has been my personal totem since I was a kid and the vehicross (cross between a sports car and a jeep) seemed therefore to be preordained as my "car".

I have enjoyed every mile of the 111,000 I have driven but of late have considered moving on. Well not any more! I had no IDEA there was such an organized community out there dedicated to this vehicle. I have spent the last few days reading your posts and hearing your stories. I am renewed.

I look forward to joining your ranks. I have long wondered about mods for my gryphinmobile and am looking forward to starting some projects like those who have gone before. I want to do everything… Lights, fogs, blinkers, sun roofs, wheels, tires, stereo, video, turbo, supercharger, heated seats… think that’s it.

This is going to take a lot of work!

Hello Everyone,

I am Andrew. From Arizona and have been interested in the VX since 1999. I use to post on the old board and just recently found out of this new board. I have read just about every post catching up with all the great information on this site.

new to vehicross.info

well i just became a member after finding this site about a month ago. thought i'd say hi.....hi

i'm on my 2nd VX now....i blew up my 1st one when i tried to go thru a rather large pool of water during a flood. it was a 99 astral silver with the red and black interior. i only had 20k miles on it. motor sucked in water and it hydrolocked. destroyed the motor and dealer said it was totaled. i heard someone bought it at auction for 13,000. guy was gonna try and drop a trooper motor in it.

but i came out ok...insurance covered it and i bought a 2001 kaiser for insurance check and 2k, brand new. have had it for almost 2 yrs now.

well i'm sure i'll have more to say and ask later.....i'm thinking about coming up for midwest thing in april....we'll see
    When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.........HST

1999, Supercharged, Ebony, Vehicross, 0809

Hello to everyone

I have been meaning to introduce myself to the rest of the members, but I get too busy sometimes. I fell in love with the VX when I first saw one at a car show. In fact, I liked it so much that I traded my 99 Mustang Cobra to get mine. It is a great vehicle that is still years ahead of the competition in many respects. Since buying mine new in Dec '99 I have made quite a few modifications to it. I now have a SA Alpine Supercharger, Autometer guages, Razo shifters, custom exhaust, tire upgrade, and a few other items and I continue to make additional modifications almost every month. It just gets better and better!!!
    I have seen and read about the VX gathering in Moab in May and I am hoping to be able to drive down there. Since I live in Utah I have the poorest excuse not to attend. I hope to meet many of you that I have read about in the forums. Remember, when you drive a VX "You ARE the exception, NOT the rule" VXtreme

new member - t2p

Hello - I'm a new VX owner - and new to this site. I recently purchased a 2000 VX - Firefox Red Mica (not my first color choice) - with 35K miles. I believe this vehicle orginally was a leased vehicle - in the mid-to-eastern part of PA. It now has a home in in Western PA - north of Pittsburgh.

Well, I am not a Vx owner but more of an enthusiast. I have signed up here to learn more about the Vx after having my interest peaked driving my fathers. He is a member of this board by the name of Chopper.

I have been a DSM enthusiast for going on 8 years now but it can never hurt to get schooled in one more platform.
    1996 Eagle Talon TSI
    -400 awhp

Talking New VX Owner!

I was looking for my first car ever in 2000, and i saw a brand new black VX in the isuzu showroom and instantly loved it! the only problem was the $34,000 price tag it had brand new (hell of a mark up huh?) I got a rodeo because they were cheap, but never forgot about that VX i saw. When my rodeo lease ran up recently, i was already shopping for a VX. I am proud to say that after an almost 4 1/2 year wait, i have my own 2001 Charcoal Grey VX and couldn't love it more!

But now comes the problem of mods, which i know nothing about, since i'm clueless about fixing cars, etc., but want some specific mods for my VX. For instance, i would love a cold air intake, but i'm told that no application exists for the VX. I would also love mud guards, a halogen light kit, factory roof racks, and God would i sell my soul to have one of those VX-4 center console set-ups. There are lots of basic mods i want, but i have absolutely no clue which kind to get of what, and to be honest, could really use some help from you all, so please email me with any help you can give, as a fellow VX addict. Thanks for reading,
    -Brok423

My new (used) VX gets delivered tomorrow. I've been an interested observer on the sidelines for some time now. I decided the time was ripe to get in the driver's seat, and I can't wait. I'm looking forward to participating here too.

Just purchased a "wife's car" 1999 Astral Silver with 57K miles. Not a mark on it, never off road and "only in the snow once". Looks like it has never been sat in. Also have a 1998 Amigo V6, 5 speed, with 80K miles that I have never had a problem with. Also a 1971 Marcos (British car, 2000lb, V6, 4 speed, 41 inches high, right-hand drive).

I've gleaned a lot of info from this site both before and after my purchase. Need a new intake gasket and dealer is installing under warranty (492 miles left).

I live approx. 3 hours north of San Francisco on Rt. 101 in the Redwoods (Willits). 35 miles from the Pacific.

Don