Page 145 of 197 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    WELCOME..great to see another San Diego VX.

Quote Originally Posted by 44ficus44 View Post
    hey peeps of the VX world, a noob here. just got my VX this past oct. and been shredding it to its baja standards.

from a original yello it was transformed to an orange/black beast. but its still not complete. hope the journey to its max will be in much needed help using the forums.

see ya on the posts .

chris.

http://s14.postimage.org/uj82zbt6p/I...815_142923.jpg
    I sent ya a PM on here and an e-mail...lets meet for a beer....
    I'd love to look at your VX...nice mods!!

I'm in Pacific Beach.

Where are you?

Cheers

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Welcome to the VX family.

Looks like you'll fit right in with the zombie apocolypse croud.

nice, let the beat down beggin, and thanks peeps, glad to join in

Hi everyone,

Very happy to join this forum and hopefully soon the VX owners family.

I currently live in the south west London area, been here for three years. Before that lived in the US, in Florida, Arizona, New York. After moving here my view or rather use of cars completely changed; from being an absolutely daily necessity, to I haven't owned a car in three years. Now I am ready to buy a car, and I can buy a car that I love, that I can have fun in and just enjoy driving.

This brings me to the Vehicross, the first time a saw one I was in college, I thought wow! That thing looks light years ahead of my jeep. Didn't seriously think about it again until I moved here and started thinking about which car I would love to have rather than need to have.

Being in the UK, my options are slim, there is currently only one being advertised out of what it seems like less than fifty in the country. So I've opted to import one from Japan.

So hopefully if all goes well in about three months time, I'll be a proud VX owner.

Best of luck on your import. Keep us posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hey guys! I'm a recent owner of a 2001 Foxfire Red Vehicross! I live in the Hudson Valley, NY, and have owned it since October 2012. I'm very excited to become an active member in the future!

I have a bit of issues (I posted them in another topic) but I am very excited to become friends with you guys! I'm a member of other forums for other cars as well, if you guys are interested in checking them out.

Vincent

Hello everyone!

Exited to be a new owner of a 1999 Vehicross, however the idiots that last changed the oil apparently lost the drain plug and instead of getting a new one they tapped it with a 22mm plug and a lock washer i cant get it of with a torque wrench and the shop said they wont work on it because they are afraid it will leak? Any help?

Welcome pumpkin smasher.

I'd say that if they tapped the hole for a different sized plug then you're pretty much stuck with using it (if you can get it out). If you do get it out & re-use it, then get some kind of gasket kit & toss that lock washer away. That's just asking for leaks.

On the upside: if you really want to do it right, you should be able to source a new/used oil pan from any 3.5L Isuzu. That would be my suggestion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinsmasher31 View Post
    Exited to be a new owner of a 1999 Vehicross, however the idiots that last changed the oil apparently lost the drain plug and instead of getting a new one they tapped it with a 22mm plug and a lock washer i cant get it of with a torque wrench and the shop said they wont work on it because they are afraid it will leak? Any help?
    Here are a couple ideas:

Dorman Oil-Tite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdAvBAJaBwQ
    "Fumoto" valve - http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/
    Google - Stripped Oil plug
    BFH (or BFW??)
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

[QUOTE=
    BFH (or BFW??) [/QUOTE]

Lol, BFH=Big Fat Ho (BFW=Big Fat Whore).
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

New Owner

Hello All, I am the new Owner of a 99 Silver VX. My Name is Joe and I Live In North Jersey. Ive had it since Jan of 2012 but just got to getting her on the road. My VX has a bunch of issues and the previous owner told me that she needed TLC. I didnt know just how much till she was on the road. I have been looking and have read a ton of great info. I hope that I get can her back to running smoothly(with help of course). So far looks like it might need a Drivers side axle. Possibly a transfer case or maybe just air in the tires or even just some diff fluid(lol). I'll find out as the NE weather gets better. Wish me luck...

Joe

Joe,

Best of luck with getting her road ready.

Here's a post where you can probably get some used axles for a good price:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...1&postcount=57

If I were you, I'd jump on it. Those OEM axles are hard to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Axle on Order. Dane was very helpful. Still has parts if anyone has a need.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    Lol, BFH=Big Fat Ho (BFW=Big Fat Whore).

First item listed here:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfh
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

It's official... I bought my VehiCROSS... Clean and southern! it came with some issues... leaky trans lines, missing flywheel cover, and broken nipple at the top of the steering rack.. had to band-aid them, and nurse it over 700 miles back home... any good fixes??? I'll do the searching, but if any of the Vets/Mods wanna drop some links it would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by magikmike View Post
    It's official... I bought my VehiCROSS... Clean and southern! it came with some issues... leaky trans lines, missing flywheel cover, and broken nipple at the top of the steering rack.. had to band-aid them, and nurse it over 700 miles back home... any good fixes??? I'll do the searching, but if any of the Vets/Mods wanna drop some links it would be greatly appreciated
    Hey welcome to the land of all things VX!

There's a ton of reference info on this site. Look over the "Downloads" section as well as many "How Tos". and get real familiar with the search function, it'll be your best friend. Since this truck is 13 yrs old, there's probably been a post/thread on most topics. So use the Search bar to mine all that data. If you get stumped, there's always someone here to help you out too.

• Also for reference…..for Isuzu parts, try calling Merlin at St. Charles Automotive (formerly and Isuzu dealership)
      MISSOURI
      (800) 727-8066

He's kind of our favorite Isuzu parts guy, ask for Merlin in Isuzu Parts Dept.

You can look up schematics and parts on their website, and find the part you're after, then call Merlin. Or call and ask him about a part.

He has vast knowledge of the VX and all things Isuzu make it definitely worthwhile to buy thru him. He's worked there for about 14+years, knows the VX forward and backwards!

He can also tell you whether the part is available in a U.S. Isuzu warehouse or if it has to come from Japan, and that's about 6-8 weeks.

He's very familiar with our forum and knows many people so mention you're on it.

Call until you reach him "live", he's not much on email or voice messages.
      Great guy!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.