Page 144 of 197 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

probaly more know what the Bugatti looks like than the VX.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowgizmo99 View Post
    probaly more know what the Bugatti looks like than the VX.
    hahaha...Yup youre right

Hey! unfortunatly,i only got to drive my new girlfriends(maybe not for long) Vx('99 Ironman) a few times before a lg.barn ran out in front of us as we tried to avoid our friends dog in deep snow..So we may not be members long,but we're trying to see if theres interest in the wreck for parts or enough parts to fix..they say it's totaled ..but seems they want it pretty bad..it did take a med/hard hit to pass.front but,i'm not convinced it's totaled...anyone??

Hey,My girlfriend and i(maybe not much longer)since i hit a barn with her '99Ironman)wre wondering what this front-end damaged Vx is worth as the ins.comp.wants to total and keep/scrap it,and if there's enough parts out there to fix,this sucks seeing as we found this site now and see the popularity of these fun machines,but it is what it is i guess..just hate to part with it..anyone??

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenafix View Post
    Hey,My girlfriend and i(maybe not much longer)since i hit a barn with her '99Ironman)wre wondering what this front-end damaged Vx is worth as the ins.comp.wants to total and keep/scrap it,and if there's enough parts out there to fix,this sucks seeing as we found this site now and see the popularity of these fun machines,but it is what it is i guess..just hate to part with it..anyone??
    This should help you...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...hlight=totaled

Welcome to the site and hope you get her back on the road...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Pics?
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Adrenafix

Hey! cool site,unfortunatly our membership/ownership of 99 Ironman may have been shortlived ,but loved...as a barn stepped in front of us on Ny's eve(no,no alcohol involved,just deep snow/so-so tires ) ins. co.,calling it total from front pass.side damage,but we may buyout and keep..anyone interested in whole truck or parts??(120k mi.)We were really looking forward to enjoying a few more yrs. in it but if we can't repair it,we'll part it out.

Hey! unfortunatly,i only got to drive my new girlfriends(maybe not for long) Vx('99 Ironman) a few times before a lg.barn ran out in front of us as we tried to avoid our friends dog in deep snow..So we may not be members long,but we're trying to see if theres interest in the wreck for parts or enough parts to fix..they say it's totaled ..but seems they want it pretty bad..it did take a med/hard hit to pass.front but,i'm not convinced it's totaled...anyone??
    there's been a quite a few here that had the insurance try to total their VX for fairly minor damage. Most insurance adjustors just don't want to have to search out some of the parts, but actually, our parts guru contact "Merlin" at St. Charles Motors in MO, has been able to get virtually every Isuzu part for the VX, some have to come from Japan, and can take a few weeks to arrive. But most insurance or repair shops don't know how to do this! So get involved and help them get the parts.
    I even sold a used part to a repair shop to help fix an owner here's VX.

Some have prevailed and some not. But do a search on "totalled" or "insurance" and look for the threads. Many have been able to buy back the VX from the insurance company, then get it fixed or some sell it for parts.

Good luck! Lots of advise, info and help here!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I hope you can fix it but if you do part it out let me know I will get some parts from you.

Hey! cool site,unfortunatly our membership/ownership of 99 Ironman may have been shortlived ,but loved...as a barn stepped in front of us on Ny's eve(no,no alcohol involved,just deep snow/so-so tires ) ins. co.,calling it total from front pass.side damage,but we may buyout and keep..anyone interested in whole truck or parts??(120k mi.)We were really looking forward to enjoying a few more yrs. in it but if we can't repair it,we'll part it out.

jag seats

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Welcome I have to ask why you would want to take out Recaro seats and put Jag seats in your VX?
    Re wanting to replace the seats, I find the Recaros very uncomfortable, my 1998 VX has only done 25k Kliks (about 15 1/2 k miles); so the seats are as new. I don't know about the US model, but the JDM one that I have has very narrow seats and about 1/4 inch of padding over the frame. The frame actually bruises my thigh, and as I often spend 8 to 10 hours a day driving I want something I can relax into. My 1988 jag has leather seats that beat most armchairs into a cocked hat, so I'm hoping that I can fit leather front seats ( probably from an XJS ). If anyone has any experience of something like this I'd love to hear from them.

Thanks Kat,I see you've been parting,have been wondering if there's enough demand to make it profitable after time/ effort involved,and if there's enough demand to warrant,or if we'll try to store/ fix@ later time.Cost of buyback will have an effect on our decision of course.I'm having trouble posting on here,otherwise i'd post it in salvage/for sale.If anyone is interested please e-mail me @ Adrenafix@hotmail.com and i can send pics or call me @ 607-744-0035 or 813-295-4997 The truck is located in Endicott NY...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    there's been a quite a few here that had the insurance try to total their VX for fairly minor damage. Most insurance adjustors just don't want to have to search out some of the parts, but actually, our parts guru contact "Merlin" at St. Charles Motors in MO, has been able to get virtually every Isuzu part for the VX, some have to come from Japan, and can take a few weeks to arrive. But most insurance or repair shops don't know how to do this! So get involved and help them get the parts.
    I even sold a used part to a repair shop to help fix an owner here's VX.

Some have prevailed and some not. But do a search on "totalled" or "insurance" and look for the threads. Many have been able to buy back the VX from the insurance company, then get it fixed or some sell it for parts.

Good luck! Lots of advise, info and help here!

Thanks Kat,I see you've been parting,have been wondering if there's enough demand to make it profitable after time/ effort involved,and if there's enough demand to warrant,or if we'll try to store/ fix@ later time.Cost of buyback will have an effect on our decision of course.I'm having trouble posting on here,otherwise i'd post it in salvage/for sale.If anyone is interested please e-mail me @ Adrenafix@hotmail.com and i can send pics or call me @ 607-744-0035 or 813-295-4997 The truck is located in Endicott NY...Thanks!
    Maybe ask some of the guys that have done a part out for the time/effort part. I can think of "etfren" and "vxfocus" right off the top of my head.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Jimonskye...you may want to look into suspension seats. Very comfortable and built for offroad use. There are several companies that make them.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

noob alert

hey peeps of the VX world, a noob here. just got my VX this past oct. and been shredding it to its baja standards.

from a original yello it was transformed to an orange/black beast. but its still not complete. hope the journey to its max will be in much needed help using the forums.

see ya on the posts .

chris.

http://s14.postimage.org/uj82zbt6p/I...815_142923.jpg

Welcome to the VX family.

Looks like you'll fit right in with the zombie apocolypse croud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.