Page 142 of 197 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post
    I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, but I have finally made a deal to purchase my first VX.
    I am not a bit off-roader, so I will probably keep it as well performing street truck.
    Sweet, man! Can't wait to see what you do with the 3.5L, unless you decide to do a swap... then I'd be VERY interested in seeing what engine/trans you plop innit!(go for the 5.3 V8! ... or even the 6.0!)

Quote Originally Posted by wilmington nc styers View Post
    OK,

Guy's and Gal's I live in wilmington nc and I have been looking for one of these beauties for years now and could not get the finances together at the right time.I absolutely love my vx it is still currently stock for the time being.As allot of everybody on here It will get a 3" lift and 32's I am gonna vinyl wrap the whole thing as soon as it arrives www.tiptopsigns sells the vinyl cheap depending on the style you choose.Mine is a 1999 with a 3.2l rodeo engine in it anyone live close by love to go to uwharrie and wheel?
    Send PMs to members Marlin and Joe Darlington, they go every year and can get you hooked up with the group.

first post

Howdy all I've been a membr since last yr but kinda watched. I have 1999 silver vx and I'm the original owner. I also still have the brochure from the dealership when I bought my vx I was definitely in luv. Poor thing he just sits in the driveway now I'll try and post pictures of him. His name is speedy. Anyone familiar with the movie mission to mars? I know like probably 4 people in the whole world saw it but in the beginning of the movie theres a convertible vx and I just luv seeing it. The movie was on this evening so I thought I'd log on and finally post something. I wish they would have made it I would would have bought it for sure. Well bye for now I'll try to become a more active member unless I decide to sell him, p.s. I'm in S.A., TX

Quote Originally Posted by roxsanne1 View Post
    Howdy all I've been a membr since last yr but kinda watched. I have 1999 silver vx and I'm the original owner. I also still have the brochure from the dealership when I bought my vx I was definitely in luv. Poor thing he just sits in the driveway now.
    Why is Speedy sitting in your driveway. Did he break
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Almost VX owner

Hello VX enthusiast's,
    I'm in the process of purchasing my second Isuzu, but an Astral VX 1999 #517. I can't wait for the day I get it home.
    I have had a 93 rodeo 4x4 5spd for the last 3 yrs and have truly enjoyed it. I was the 3rd owner and put a calming pre runner lift and torsion bars, and fixed it up, it only had 178,000kms when I bought it.
    I remember when the vehicross 1st came out and though it was the coolest damn vehicle I've ever seen(I was 27)....but up north of the boarder in Canada I have only ever seen 3 of them, 1proton, one black, 1 white Ironman. Very rare up here.

So I'm I the process of getting rid of the rodeo and buying a 99 VX but with Canadian motor vehicle safety regulations and importing its just paper work before I get my VX obsession started.
    If anyone is north of the border in Toronto area PM me
    Last edited by 93 BLue Rodeo : 11/07/2012 at 07:13 PM

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Hello All,
    Just bought a fixer upper '99 Astral VX. It has 182,xxx with a replacement trans. Mechanically it's pretty sound but the seats and steering wheel need reconditioning and the paint and cladding is badly weathered. Should be a fun second car though. I'm located in Denver.
    Scott

Talking

Welcome Scott,
    There a quite a few of us in the Denver area, maybe you can meet up with us some time. I am hoping we can get together in the next few months.

Figured I say Hello

Had my VX for almost 3 years now. Ever since I seen my first one I was in love. I had forgotten about them over the years and then seen another one here in Cali, in 4 weeks I had my own. It is in great condition.... then while I was home in TX visiting around 2 years ago now, I took it to a shop to replace a gasket(mom and pop shop from middle of nowhere TX) and less than 300 miles later.... blew the engine I loved it so much I sold my 1968 Mustang coupe to replace the engine. This last spring things had finally fallen in place and went to go pick it up from the shop.... now there is a transmission problem. AHHHH! (Knocking noise while driving, sounds near the bell housing. Only does it when its in gear, you can let her eat all you want in park and no knocking. So not the engine.) So in the last 2+ years, I have driven it probably 50 miles and it is still in TX.... won't get rid of it. But HOPEFULLY, this late winter or early spring she'll be home.

If you can, slide under and make sure the bolts in the bell housing are torqued down. I had something like that happen to a car I owned years ago. The people that replaced the engine may have forgotten to do that.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Hello from the Noob

I just got my hands on one of these little beasts after a decade of wanting one. Man am I hooked!! My excitement is great enough to likely cause my wife's eyes to soon roll right out of her head. I grabbed a kaiser silver (black and grey interior) with 109k miles for $6k. Other than what seems to be the usual little interior quirks, the VX is in amazing shape. The amount of miles does worry me a bit, but only because I want it to last forever. I lived in Phoenix AZ for 10 years and never found one that anyone would part with, but I moved to Alaska a year ago and WAMMO...got a craigslist hit for this one. There are sooooo many things I want to do to this vehicle. Nothing incredibly rediculous, just mods to strengthen its weaknesses (e.g. window issues). The cost of living here in Juneau is redonkulous, so it may take some time. I'm gonna stop rambling on now and just say I love this thing!!!!

As the rest of us do. Glad to hear from you!

Hey all!

Glad to be a member of this forum! I have seen so many nice rides here and can't wait to start on mine.

I live in CT and saw mine on Cars.com. I have been semi-actively searching for one of these since 1999 when I saw one as a senior in HS, but never found one that I had to have until now. So...I went and got it! Gotta say, I'm extremely thrilled already about how this little machine performs on the road, I can't wait to see what it does offroad although I have seen pictures from you guys out in Utah and California and I'm convinced this was the right choice for a new ride. Bye bye Dakota, HELLO VX!

Picked mine up in Delaware, so I had to drive from CT but I didn't care. I love this thing.

2001 Proton

Awesome Forum!

Thanks!

Welcome guys. Glad to have you aboard. Even after several years of ownership, it's still a fun drive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hi All

I can't believe that I've had my VX for over 4 years now and am only now just joining the forum. I'm out here in Golden, CO and sold my 2WD 99' Amigo when I moved CO and was happy to finally have an excuse to buy the vehicle I've always wanted. Anyway, happy to be here

Yeah! Welcome aboard