Page 13 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I came across my VX while looking to replace my 95 Camaro Z28 after some bad winters.... I first saw one at a local hotel in 99 and didnt think much of it.. I just assumed that it was another grocery getter with no off road potential.. While I was doing some searching online I came across some VXs on ebay and thought it would be cool to check one out. There were none in my area online and no lots had any recently. I was on my way to work one day and boom there one was at a local isuzu dealer! I was so stoked I found one I called off work and took it for a test drive..... Needless to say I bought it that day. Going on 4 mos now and I love it. It does great off road and gets tons of looks on road.... This site is great too..... A great place for people that love their strange cars

Hi all.
    I own my white Ironman VX since oct/1999. Picked it brand new at Courtesy Acura & Isuzu in Littleton, Co. Considering the vehicle is hand built has given me very little trouble.

Hi

Hello - I'm now the proud owner of a used 1999 Ebony from Ebay (I've been driving it for about a week now - what a difference from my previous Hyundai Accent!). I've been lurking here for about a month and I'm really excited to finally be able to join the club. Happy Holidays! -Michelle

Howdy....

Since they first came out, I have wanted one. I dreamed of taking it out the the Salt Flats (or wherever it was) as shown in the early comercials and just HAULING ***!!! The price was always out of my reach, but as I have grown more affluant, I finally have one. I drove around an old Toyota Landcruiser for about 10 years, than a 97 TJ for close to 5. Got it paid off finally and POW - I am now the owner of a 2000 Kestral VX. Living in Colorado, this will be a great auto, I have no doubts. Quite a few people have asked me what this heck this car is.... and so on... so very cool.

Howdy....

Since they first came out, I have wanted one. I dreamed of taking it out the the Salt Flats (or wherever it was) as shown in the early comercials and just HAULING ***!!! The price was always out of my reach, but as I have grown more affluant, I finally have one. I drove around an old Toyota Landcruiser for about 10 years, than a 97 TJ for close to 5. Got it paid off finally and POW - I am now the owner of a 2000 Kestral VX. Living in Colorado, this will be a great auto, I have no doubts. Quite a few people have asked me what this heck this car is.... and so on... so very cool.

new to board

Hi just like to let everone know how heplful this board is and say
    "thankyou!" for a good use for laptop other than surfing *bay
    a question of mine is how do I find a set of 18" stock rims and are the worth looking into I mean can I run a/t tires or do willI have to run street style tires?
    thanks Hotdog

Happy Birthday to me!!

Well, i Finally got one! Ive been lurking here on and off for quite some time, studying up and browsing through all the great info here. I was all ready to grab up a VX for myself last year , but a serious finacial pitfall hit, and prevented it. Well, ive bounced back with allot of hard work, and decided this was MY year. So i bought myself a slightly belated Birthday gift. I closed the deal on an Ebony 99' VX today in showroom condition, and its being delivered in two days. Itll be the newest vehicle ive ever owned, so its quite a large step for me, and im no spring chicken either..
    Anywho, i just wanted to say "hey" and hopefully ill be able to contribute something usefull here once i get to know my VX a bit..

Yeah I'm New to the VX scene I saw one in the Garage my Parents Park in and I fell in love. I think all my friends are going crazy becasue its the only vehicle I seem to talk about it. I am trying to get my parents to get me one when I graduate, but It mightnot happen

Hi! Lauren from Las Vegas here.

Was it bold or stupid for Isuzu to put the VehiX into production? They probably didn't make a profit, but OH BABY , was it good for us. I'm still all giggly over my new purchase, a 2001 yellow with 44K miles for $15.8K It was like being able to hire Tom Cruise as my pool boy.

I had been saving money and driving a cruddy old truck ever since I saw my first vehiX in '99. The two-tone leather interior, the curvy cladding and that cute little antena in back. I am so tickled I could bust.

Now I'm torn between keeping it pristine or taking it through that rock bathtub at Moab.
    I Loved My Space Buggy

I've always loved the look of the VX. Even in Socal they are rare. I had always assumed they were super expensive. I just happened to see one on the drive home yesterday and decided to do a check. I'm surprised (happily) to find they are actually affordable and I'm selling my Nissan Pathfinder tomorrow and I've already done my loan through my bank. Now I'm on a QUEST to find my Vehicross. I'll be on this regularly.

Is there a place that the forum saves newbie questions? I hate to be the new guy asking the same old questions.

Search button, upper left corner, text to the FAQ button. Kind of hard to make out with the brushed aluminum look of the button.

The bank just called.....APPROVED! Now the search is REALLY on.
    Wish me luck.

I just spent the past 22 hours getting to know my new VX. I bought it in east TX and drove it straight through to socal.
    My name is Chris. I'm a Marine at Camp Pendleton. I've been married for 8 years and I have 2 sons, 7 and 2. I surf and do brazilian jiu jitsu when not at work.

First off I just wanted to say THANK YOU to this site and all of the knowledgable contributors. I am going to pick up my 00' Black VX this week in Minnesota. I have spent countless hours scouring this site for the past week since I found it and cannot believe how lucky I am to have a group like this to tell what works and how to do it all. You all are amazing!

I am a straight out virgin to 4 wheel drives, but have been in love with the style and rareness of the VX since I first saw them YEARS ago. So it was time for this 27 year old dude in Kansas to pop his 4x4 cherry and get a REAL vehicle. I am absolutely looking forward to meeting you all and thanking you in person. Hopefully Moab if not sooner. So see you there!

Again, Thanks to all of you great VXers

Introduce Yourself

New to the board.

I bought my '99 VX new on the lot in March 2000. The dealer had it hidden in the back corner of the lot, no wonder it hadn't sold.

I haven't had it "off road", but that is not why I like it so much. I love the fact that you never see another here in WV. I also love the power and performance in such a small package.

I have added the Calmini high flow A/F and a Flowmaster exhaust, much better performance. I have a set of Rancho's on order to be installed within the next week.

I have noticed on the board several issues I have encountered. Both windows have serious problems, and I have had the CEL reset several times. The vehicle is beyond factory warranty ( 39M ), so now I just ignore the light. When I get more time I
    will research the board for recomendations and comments.

Thanks