Page 139 of 197 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Prolly ought to move this discussion out to it's own thread rather than burying it in the intro thread.

Two other things to consider about bump steer:

1. The panhard rod on the rear locates the rear axle. If that's off then it could be the rear suspension causing the bump steer. Look at your rear tires. Do they both line up with the fender the same. Some members have noted a couple of inch shift of the rear axle to the left when they added a lift. Calmini actually included a panhard rod drop bracket with their lift kit for that reason.

2. Ldub had a thread about his waggly rear end. Basically some of his rear suspension mounting holes in the frame had 'egged out' (worn to oval shape). That caused his rear suspension to be loose and allowed for wander as he was driving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Question Here I am

Hey there VX world. A guy named Bob (i think) approached me in the parking lot of Lowes here in CLearwater FL and told me about this site. I saw my first Vehicross in the beginning of the movie: Mission To Mars, with Tim Robbins, Don Cheadle, and Gary Sinease. Before they were off to Mars, Gary pulled up in a convertible version to a going away type backyard party, and I was floored. So when my Jeep Wrangler was about to take its last breath, I found one VX for sale here in town and I got it. HOWEVER, i have had so many problems with it, I am here really to find some help. So if anyone in my area can help me find some place or someone to assist me, please please contact me. No engine problems, runs great. My issues are windows windows windows, and a few other things. I LOVE my VX and I dont want to ever lose it, but i havent had working windows in 3 years and I just want to be able to go thru a drive thru and not have to open my door to do my business. I would like the wind in my face once in a while. Please help....

Welcome Vinny.

There's lotsa info already on here about the window fix. On the left side of the home page, there is a search function. Select 'forum' from the drop down field & type "window fix" in the other box & hit the search button. There's lotsa reading. Send me a PM if you need help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

How the heck do I start a new thread?? There's nothing in the FAQ's. Probably right under my nose but I can't see it.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    How the heck do I start a new thread?? There's nothing in the FAQ's. Probably right under my nose but I can't see it.
    There are quick thread topics on the left side of the home page.

VXR is right, that's the easiest way.

But if you want/need a more detailed category/forum, then another way is to:
    click on "FORUMS" from the left hand column.
    It then lists every category to pick from.
    When you select one, it then shows you a list of recent threads from that category....but you want to click the blue button "New Thread" at the top of the column.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanks VXer's!! Okay started a new post labeled, Clad Trimming Revisited. Maybe I can get a little help from those who have done it.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

BTW, I was wondering why "Zoid" is next to my avatar? Its not in my Profile and I didn't add it.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    BTW, I was wondering why "Zoid" is next to my avatar? Its not in my Profile and I didn't add it.
    It means you're a "rook" or "noob"

...and goes away after so many posts or when you become a site supporter.

that reflects the different levels within the forum, you're a 'zoid until some number of posts, then the next category is "Super VXer".
    And if you decide to be a Site Supporter by donating $20/year, your Screen Name will be in SILVER letters.
    As a Site Supporter you get to change your avatar to your own pics, get more PM space, and I think something else but I can't recall right now.
    I'm proud to be a Site Supporter for $20 as these guys around here have saved me a HEAP of money with help and advice! And it keeps the advertising AWAY!! Yah!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

This zoid contributed $20 smackeroos but I don't see it in the contributors listing? Maybe it takes awhile?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    As a Site Supporter you get to change your avatar to your own pics, get more PM space, and I think something else but I can't recall right now.(larger mb for your gallery)
    I'm proud to be a Site Supporter for $20 as these guys around here have saved me a HEAP of money with help and advice! And it keeps the advertising AWAY!! Yah!
    Suzie, tha's the mos subtle pitch for S-S I ever seen....

Trekkie...any objections?...I'd sincerely LVE to hear em'...

Little boy, feel free to "pile on" if tha trextr replies...

This zoid contributed $20 smackeroos but I don't see it in the contributors listing? Maybe it takes awhile?
    It shall be done my friend, Boss Man gets kinda busy sometimes with heavy case loads, testification, & check'n scum into the "graybar hotel"...

I'll keep an eyeball on yer status & giv'm a nudge if necc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Suzie, tha's the mos subtle pitch for S-S I ever seen....

Trekkie...any objections?...I'd sincerely LVE to hear em'...

Little boy, feel free to "pile on" if tha trextr replies...

It shall be done my friend, Boss Man gets kinda busy sometimes with heavy case loads, testification, & check'n scum into the "graybar hotel"...

I'll keep an eyeball on yer status & giv'm a nudge if necc...
    Thank you, you're a wonderful person!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    you're a wonderful person!
    Thas often up for LIVELY debate every now & again...

But fear not, your user name will be a sterling shade of gray by weeks end my friend...

And no...I don't mean tomorrow...
    Last edited by Ldub : 09/22/2012 at 09:45 PM

Vehicross in Cambodia

Hi Everybody

First of all, I would like to thanks this forum, because all of you helped me to take the right decision. Buy a VX. It tooks 3 months to take the final decision, my wife and my daughter are the one who push me, and we finally bought this car for 3 of us.

I didn't expect to have one, as in cambodia we mostly have Toyota / Lexus. But there was this VX Yellow 2001 in a website for more than 3 months, when my wife ask me to change our Jeep Willis (A2) 1967 to a "normal car" (I don't agree with her) I told her, there is only one car I want it is the Vehicross. She looked at the pictures and looked at me and reply, When? I was trap.

I sent her to check the car, then she came back and admit last week that the first time she seen the car, she touched it and pray by telling the car, "you will be my car". By the way my wife is Thai.

We then went to the process of purchasing it, and finally last friday we received it.
    The car was dirt and some part are missing (but I am sure I will find the spare parts with this forum). We spent the week end together even our daughter cleaning the car and make it more beautiful.

This car is already unique, but in Cambodia, it is more unique than ever, this Yellow car in the middle of all the big black Lexus LX570, it is like me, I am european in an asian country.

I will post soon the pictures, but as you understand it is my wife car, and now she is driving all around with it. I decide then to send the Jeep to have a new painting and change some parts.

Thank you again and I am very proud to be one of yours

C.