Page 134 of 197 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Welcome newb.

Are ya gonna change your handle to vx-expert on the 1 year anniversary of ownership?
    Lol i just may hahah

Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    like the blood on the fangs
    Yea my buddy has a vinyl shop so we were messin around with some stuff thought it looked alright. Do these come stock with fangs? This one the grill was just painted black.

Quote Originally Posted by vxnewb View Post
    Yea my buddy has a vinyl shop so we were messin around with some stuff thought it looked alright. Do these come stock with fangs? This one the grill was just painted black.
    yeah the fangs are little aluminum clips that snap onto the grill - the paint was coming off of mine so i just took them out anyways until i can get them refurbed

X2 on the bloody fangs. That is cool. Especially since my fav show right now is True Blood.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Hi, I test drove one back in 99 and fell in love. But too expensive at the time.. Forgot about them over the years, and had other commitments. But finally bought one last week! 1999 model, black. It now resides in Ft. Wayne, IN

Frank

Nothing boring is allowed in my driveway...

I bought my 01 Proton Yellow VX in May. Had seen a few around, and always admired them. Will be doing a lift eventually, and was hoping for some guidance from other VX owners. My other daily driver is a lifted and locked 93 YJ, so don't let other Jeep guys hassle you. It's nice to get in something that does 0-60 in under 15 minutes, doesn't leak when it rains, and you don't see 600 of every day on your way to work... I also know where there are 2 VX's being parted out in Denver. Thanks everyone!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhavok View Post
    I bought my 01 Proton Yellow VX in May. Had seen a few around, and always admired them. Will be doing a lift eventually, and was hoping for some guidance from other VX owners. My other daily driver is a lifted and locked 93 YJ, so don't let other Jeep guys hassle you. It's nice to get in something that does 0-60 in under 15 minutes, doesn't leak when it rains, and you don't see 600 of every day on your way to work... I also know where there are 2 VX's being parted out in Denver. Thanks everyone!
    Welcome to the addiction!

VXorado will be a good member to know from the CO area. He's got a great lookin' rig with lots of lift and other goodies.

PM me with some specifics on the VX's being parted out...I'm looking for some minor parts.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Nice you got a Proton I wanted that color but I got Ebony one, it had low miles and I felt it was the one for me. I picked mine up in April, I had wanted one since they came out in 99 and now I finaly got one. I am interested in getting a few parts if you could email or PM me with the info on the VXs being parted out that would be great. I am in Denver so I could pick up and even pull the parts myself if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhavok View Post

Well about a week ago I decided to go car shopping. I had found a lifted 04 Trailblazer I was going to buy. But last night decided to do one more web search to see if I missed anything. I came across a 2001 Proton Yellow VX on Auto Trader at a dealer ship a few miles away. I thought it looked pretty cool I had never seen one before. So after a further search I found a 99 Ebony one. With lower mileage and a bit cheaper. And a silver 99 about 3 hours away. But to me I think the Proton yellow makes the truck.
    So tonight at 7:00 I find myself at the dealer driving it and signing the papers for it.
    I also found this place last night and did some research and learned allot about them. Already have a long list of mods I want to do.

2000, Kaiser Silver Metallic, VEHIcross 0028
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrmes View Post
    Well about a week ago I decided to go car shopping. I had found a lifted 04 Trailblazer I was going to buy. But last night decided to do one more web search to see if I missed anything. I came across a 2001 Proton Yellow VX on Auto Trader at a dealer ship a few miles away. I thought it looked pretty cool I had never seen one before. So after a further search I found a 99 Ebony one. With lower mileage and a bit cheaper. And a silver 99 about 3 hours away. But to me I think the Proton yellow makes the truck.
    So tonight at 7:00 I find myself at the dealer driving it and signing the papers for it.
    I also found this place last night and did some research and learned allot about them. Already have a long list of mods I want to do.

Nice! Welcome to the VX family!

Hi folks! Just bought one, 1999 with unbelievable miles (180k) )). repainted from silver to black )), but almost complete (including spoiler and roof rack) and still runs, but overheats (head gasket?) Paid $2000, I think it's OK considering everything in Canada more expensive and even if I'd find one in States for 1000, it would be more than 2 grand when crossed the border...
    Planning to restore/modify it.
    Last edited by ranchero : 07/16/2012 at 11:59 PM

Ranchero Welcome to the forum EH! Gald to see another Canadian on here.

Traded 99 Astral Silver 1492 for 2012 Tucson

New to this forum

I just bought a VehiCross, 1999 White. I have been sort of looking for one for awhile. I also have a Corvette convertable that I love very much. The only problem with VehiCross is that I haven't actually gotten it yet, I am waiting for it to be shipped. I was looking for an Amigo in the beginning but kind of feel in love with the styling of the VehiCross. I am hoping to get back into playing in mountains on the weekend. I have had a few 4X4's over the years, so far I think my favorite was a 1974 Land Cruiser. I am saying so far because I think I am really like this Isuzu. The vehicle that I bought has about 94K but needs a little TLC. The first thing I plan to do is clay bar the paint, use a cleaner wax and then put a nice high gloss shine on it. From there I will just have to see. Any suggestions about the timing belt? At 94,000 I am thinking that I should think about doing it soon.
    Last edited by VX MileHigh : 07/30/2012 at 02:05 PM

Welcome to the addiction ... sounds like it's already started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hi fellow VX'ers. I own a 1999 Ironman with 115,xxx on it. Red and black interior. I haved owned since it had 85,xxx. Its the best vehicle I have ever owned. This website is awesome!!!