Page 132 of 197 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Finally got one! im a huge car guy and have been my whole life. Im 25 now and i can remember seeing this when it first came out. I tried to snag a sweet yellow one in seattle about a year back but it fell through. I was just searching on auto trader and ran across one with pretty low miles about 10 min from me. Its silver with the red recaros and its just awesome! Bummer theres no sun roof but i couldnt pass it! The misses and i will be dining on ramen noodles for a while but it'll be worth it!!

p.s. i really dig all the attention lol! almost punched my buddy for calling it a girl car lol

Congratulations Matthew! You have found the right site to join! These folks have helped me more times than they will ever know.

PS: It's OK to go ahead and punch your buddy - and give him a second one for US!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    It's OK to go ahead and punch your buddy - and give him a second one for US!
    X2

2000, Kaiser Silver Metallic, VEHIcross 0028
    Hello New VEHIcross Family!!

My name is Nova, 27 years old born and raised in Las Vegas, NV. I bought my VEHIcross three years ago from my dad who bought the only model at the local Isuzu dealership here in town. When I took over, it had 50k. Right now its at 86k. My dad is the car guru in the family... unfortunately he his no longer here in town and can't help me maintain it as I am very mechanically handicapped. He has always used synthetic oil, never took it off road, etc. I've been really torn between modifying my VEHIcross to fit my personality and keeping it stock, parking it, and reselling it when I'm 75 at an auction! (I'm only kidding... sort of.) I truly need help finding a reliable and capable mechanic here in town who can do routine maintenance on it. When I first got it, I took it to Pep Boys and they totally ripped me off... as a result I am extremely nervous taking it anywhere. So if anyone is in Vegas and can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Also, I just want to say thank you to all you other members who have posted questions and answers and what not as I have used the forum in the past to get a lot of answers regarding my VEHIcross.

I look forward to getting to know you guys. Thank you in advance for your patience with all my newbee questions! I'll try and get some pictures posted soon.

Sincerely,

Nova Scialabba
    Last edited by Prcdpnknova : 05/30/2012 at 09:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Prcdpnknova View Post

My name is Nova, 27 years old born and raised in Las Vegas, NV. I bought my VEHIcross three years ago from my dad who bought the only model at the local Isuzu dealership here in town. When I took over, it had 50k. Right now its at 86k. My dad is the car guru in the family... unfortunately he his no longer here in town and can't help me maintain it as I am very mechanically handicapped. He has always used synthetic oil, never took it off road, etc. I've been really torn between modifying my VEHIcross to fit my personality and keeping it stock, parking it, and reselling it when I'm 75 at an auction! (I'm only kidding... sort of.) I truly need help finding a reliable and capable mechanic here in town who can do routine maintenance on it. When I first got it, I took it to Pep Boys and they totally ripped me off... as a result I am extremely nervous taking it anywhere. So if anyone is in Vegas and can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Also, I just want to say thank you to all you other members who have posted questions and answers and what not as I have used the forum in the past to get a lot of answers regarding my VEHIcross.

I look forward to getting to know you guys. Thank you in advance for your patience with all my newbee questions! I'll try and get some pictures posted soon.

Sincerely,

Nova Scialabba

Hi Nova-
    Welcome to the addiction!
    Wow, it's great to get a VX that you know the exact history of! (or at least some earlier history).

This forum has a ton of knowledge and a great group of folks very willing to help and share their knowledge. There's always somebody willing to answer questions and help. Sounds like you've already have gotten familiar with the "search" function. There's so much info posted here, and the search can help you find it.

Many owners are ...um...mechanically challenged (like myself)...so that's no problem...

Here's a list of every member here that registered and listed LV as their city. You can look at when they last logged in to kind of guess if they're active here.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/mem....php?do=getall

Off the top of my head, I know these two are still very active:
    • Knigh7s
    • SilverBullet75

And another that is somewhat active:
    • chas711USA

You could send them a PM and ask for mechanic recommendations.

Welcome again!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Sincerely,

Nova Scialabba
    I'd have to say, that's pretty darned good for a first post...

WELCOME...

What the last two said!!!

It would be cool to meet you sometime, I've met just a few VX owners in person, two were just passer byes and then there were SillverBullet and VX-Kat! lol.

I could probably help you get the basics done, even show you how to do the oil change yourself... hit me up if you have any more questions!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Hey There...

Name is Anthony, 37. Been reading your guys posts for a few months now. The info here is very helpful and the posts are great. Just got a 99 black VX with 79k. Always loved the VX since it came out. Found on Craigslist in FL. I tend to get obsessed with my vehicles, but moresoe with this VX. I always loved the design, but I never knew how serious this vehicle was. Way ahead of its time. And nobody makes anything like it to date. I'm honored and privileged to own this Beast. I currently drive: 89 Isuzu I-Mark RS, 06 Lotus Elise, 99 VX.

Mods thus far...

-removed 20 inch chrome wheels and replaced with OEM wheels and tires.
    -Mobil-1
    -vent visors
    -plasti-dipped wheels matte black
    -came with tint and Bra.
    -More to come.

Welcome to you Antdag22! You've found the right place. All kinds of fun and great information here.

Hey Nova,

(I hope this works...) here is a list of AAA Approved shops in LV. I don't know if they're actually "good" shops, but I know the AAA approved garage I use here in OKC is pretty darn awesome!

Thanks for posting the links you guys, very helpful! Knigh7s we should definitely get together some time and formally introduce ourselves. I very much look forward to getting to know all you guys better. And welcome Antdagg22!

Not much for messing with the computer, kinda illiterate actually. but I guess
    I'm supposed to introduce myself. I'm Brian and have a 1999 silver VX w/3.5.
    Don't know much about the Vehicross except that I saw one for the first time a few months ago and had to have one. Can't believe I've never seen one and was
    wondering if they still make them? Can't wait to try it in the snow. I like all the comments and looks you get from other motorists.

Welcome, Brian! Even if you're not a computer nerd like me, don't forget about this website! There are tons of topics here about fixes & improvements that will save you a lot of headaches because you won't have to "reinvent the wheel" to find solutions to what may be common issues. The PROs here have helped THIS newbie out more times than they will ever know. Even if you have some minor little issue, use the search feature (possible source of an INSTANT answer) or start a new topic to find a solution.

Quick history of the VX... no it's not still in production. About 1800 were built as right-hand drive (steering wheel location) for the Japanese domestic market (JDM) during 1997 & 1998. Then only another 4200 were built as left hand drive for Northern America from 1999 to 2001. THAT'S why you haven't seen many of them! I LOVED driving mine in the snow for the first time a couple years ago. I was simply amazed at how well it did!

Welcome again - stick around and have fun!

Hey Brian, welcome to the forum! Like Rick said, this is a wellspring of VX knowledge. Enjoy your VX!

Thanks for posting the links you guys, very helpful! Knigh7s we should definitely get together some time and formally introduce ourselves. I very much look forward to getting to know all you guys better. And welcome Antdagg22!
    ....and gals...

:
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.