Page 12 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Thumbs up No longer a "WannaBe"!

Hello again! I'm not a "wannaBe" anymore..... I just took possession of my VX an hour ago! 2001 Foxfire (burgundy), and she's gorgeous! Can't wait til the sun comes up so I can go wax her and get her all shiny and clean.... THEN she'll really feel like mine. Unfortunately I can't really drive her til the seller takes his money to the lienholder and they mail me the title and I can go register her, but I can still sit and stare at her til then! I'm off to go read all I need to know about my upcoming experiences of being a VX owner!!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm Meghan, my fiance is Patrick, and we have been the proud owners of a 99 VX since 2000. We live out in Boston and from what I've read, a lot of you are around here. Hopefully we'll cross paths one day. We are on the road constantly from Boston to NYC (every weekend)....120,000 miles and still going strong! Our VX has yet to let us down.

Hello

Hello Everyone, I am the new, proud owner of Paul T's #1393 Dragon Green VX. Paul was a great guy to deal with and he delivered a great ride in near perfect condition. Thank-you, Paul.

I live in the NW corner of Montana, just a few miles outside Glacier National Park. Been here all of my life except a few years with Uncle Sam including a tour of SE Asia. I have learned a lot about the VX viewing this site as a guest while I was in the process of purchasing. Now that I am a very happy owner; I figured it was time to register. Great site! Thanks........

I first noticed the VX in 1995, there was a write-up about this really cool concept vehicle like nothing I had ever seen before. At that very moment I knew I had to have one and swore to myself if they moved to market I would buy. They did, I did, you know the story. I bought a 1999 Vehicross with all options (very few options, as everything standard) floor mats, cargo mat, roof rack, bike rack, and hitch.

I ran into this website by accident because I was looking to warn other Isuzu owners about the bad experiences I have had with Corporate Isuzu. Fortunitely my dealer has been great so I have no complaints there. Don't get me wrong, I totally love my VX and can't even think of anything else sold that could replace it, but I think I may get rid of it in another year. I have had several problems from minor to major and now they all come out of my pocket. Here is a list of my past problems:

Blown intake gasket (1 week ownership)
    Check engine light problem (1 year old)
    leaking windshield (2 years until problem fixed)
    Electrical problem caused by leaking windshield (nothing worked)
    Cracked exhaust manifold (2 years old)
    Bad fuel injectors (3 yrs old 48000 miles)
    Finally Blown Motor caused by faulty bearings (4 yrs. old 62,000)

I will now have to pay $5,500 for a new engine as the dealer has told me it can't be rebuilt. After finally paying off the loan my VX I was looking forward to enjoying it and trying out the 4X4 system. Now I get to take another loan for a new motor and won't be able to play for another year at least. I understand that I am past the mileage on my powertrain warranty, but I was hoping that since it was only 2000 miles Isuzu could help me out a bit. They won't so now once I have a new engine I will worry about new problems and no warranty.

I hope that my VX is the only one out with this problem because this vehicle should be enjoyed not cause headaches. I'm still undecided whether to keep it since I can't figure out what to replace it with. Good luck and have fun!!

Cool

I started looking at the VX a few months ago. I was looking for a small wheelbase SUV for my wife. The VX, obviously, caught my eye. I've been busy reading the reviews and pouring over the posts in the forums. I've followed the sales and the for-sales on eBay and AutoTrader. I learned enough in the past two months to determine that THIS was the vehicle.

I found a local owner who was selling. I borrowed it for a day and took it home for my wife to test drive. She didn't like it. Oh, she liked the VX, but the blind spots in the back made it impossible for her to comfortably drive. So.....after getting myself all worked up about the VX......I bought it and she now drives my "old" Grand Cherokee Limited.....heated seats and all. And I drive my "new" VX. And so far, two happy campers!!!!!

I had always been into Troopers - always loved em. Had a 1990 then a 1993.... till 2001 when I wrecked it good. It had been wrecked before, but I was getting tired of fixing it. Of course, I loved the VX's but I never thought in a million years I would own one. But what the hell..... dreams can be a reality. I guess back when they were new I wasnt making the money I do now and they were so expensive new..... I just sortof put them out of my mind thinking they would be unattainable and I never saw any around in Nebraska where I was living. After that last accident though.... I Knew what I wanted... and I got one... have had it a year and 2 months now..... ive been the happiest ive ever been in that time.... yes, a vehicle can actually do that for you sometimes!
    I got my tricked out 2000 Jeep wrangler and my custom Buell S1WL, but they dont do for me what my V cross does - I dont think any other vehicle ever will.
    I now live in Vernon, CT - I think ive seen only one other one in the last 6 months. People freak out over my VX every where i go. Thats fun.... I look forward to meeting other VX owners and Id like to go to one of these meets too sometime. Ive been traveling all over New England in my VX - I'll wave if I see ya!

Ahh....TJ, you have the infamous Proton Yellow VX with the painted cladding! How is that paint on the cladding holding up? Any idea how it was done? I've been told that paint "would never" stick long term, and that I would have "constant" chipping problems. It sure looks good!

2001 Ironman...I LOVE MY VX!

I fell in love with it the first day I saw it (which was whn I was reading a copy of Consumer Reports.) I simply knew nothing that kewl looking could be as awful as CR made it out to be. I watched it for a few years and finally took the leap. I simply adore this little toy!

Talking From Canada ;)

Hello

In about 9 days (Monday Dec 01) I pick up my 1999 Black VX from Washington (at the border south of Vancouver, B.C.) I think I might be the only one in Canada to own one of these! What an ordeal to export/import one of these vehicles into Canada.....it's so gonna be worth it though!

I've never even seen a VehiCROSS other than on this site, and Ebay ....heehee.... so I am going to be asking a few questions before I leave and go pick mine up.

Thanks for having this site....

Talk to you guys soon!

-Kiersten

Cool Lovin' Life in Brasil

Hello from São Paulo, SP, Brasil. Drove my '99 Ironman from Dallas, TX, to Clovis, CA, in 2003. Moved into my condo here in Brasil, last month (June 2005). The VX is in storage in California for now until I finalize things, then my ole VX will be up for sale. :homer:
    Last edited by Bill Brown : 07/15/2005 at 04:59 AM Reason: Change in location.

Sup Sup

My name is Tim. I'm a VX Wannabe, and I'm proud of that. I'm jealous of everyone here. I have wanted to have one of these before they even were imported to US. I saw these in Japan when I was stationed in Iwakuni, Japan in the Marines. I almost bought one in 2000. But I deployed again. Didn't want to store it for 2 years until I got back. Lo and behold Isuzu doesn't make em anymore

Basically just wrong on their part. lol

I am looking everywhere for one. Even shopping Eghey.

Just wanted to say hi. And i hope to play in the dirt with you someday
    freedom is not free~the job is never done

Three years of awesome VX diving here, after I drove my 4WD Rodeo into the ground. I lusted after the VX since the day I saw it, and picked mine up used at the dealer - only 15K on it, by a VP of Isuzu (they have some HQ building about 25 miles north of here, in Whittier, CA.) This machine still turns as many heads as when I jump in my Delorean! Just rolled past 75K miles and about to spend some money on PM - but other than oil and gas, I haven't had to do ANYTHING to this car. It's rare that I feel so good about paying for something as well designed as the VX.

Well enough about me - I also wanted to thank all of the core posters here for putting up SO MUCH good information on this car. I just spent an hour reading about everything and if I didn't have my own northern Ireland-built project car, I'd be welding up my own bumpers and such.

Rock on,
    Dan

Latest ecstatic owner

Jim from Seattle here.

Last night, I pulled off what was to me, the score of a lifetime. A 2001 Black VX, originally bought new in 2002 and with 20 months still left on the warranty. Showroom new (and when I say showroom new, I mean SHOWROOM new), and with ony 1,400 miles on it. Not one teeny scratch on it, and paid $17,995. To say I am happy is an understatement.

I'd say "it must be clean living" but I'm afraid I'd get struck by lightning!

new here

hey everyone, my name is Lindsay and my husband is Adam. we bought our '99 Ebony a couple of months ago, we drove by the dealership spotted it and bought it the next day. Adam is obsessed it took me awhile but it has grown on me. we are maybe looking to do some fun stuff with it so if there is anyone in our area who wants to meet up just give us a shout! we have an 11 month old daughter and two dogs and two cats. anything else you want to know feel free to ask

Unhappy New Member

;eekr; I'm a new member to the site. Have a ebony VX 2 2001. Just had an accident in it. An Excursion stopped in fornt of me, took my eyes off the front to check the blind spot and BAM!! Was lucky was going about 25. The fenders, hood, radiator, radiator support, and some other parts were trashed. (about $6000.00 - $7000.00 damage). No damage to the frame. Looks like I'll be getting a front end make-over. Saw a lot of photos of other Vehicrosses. Look great!!! Good to know that there are aftermarket parts for the car.